What's new

Wanna Ask The Old Farts A Question?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
You should see my indoor veg tent from my thread.. I carried over 60 plants every two days from my bedroom in a 4x4x8 tent to my flower room where I would take ALL my currently flowering plants off my flood tray, then I would put my veg plants on there to water and drain into the collection buckets below. After about an hour of watering I would then hand carry them back to my tent from the opposite side of the house and restack them back. After veg plants where put away I would then replace the plants from the flower room back on their flood tray and spend another hour watering those. I did that for 2 months like clock work. Yes it was tons of back breaking, frustrating, time consuming work but I did it with confidence knowing that the other party involved would notice and appreciate the hard work, tiresome nights and countless trips back and forth I did to get to where we are now... I have no problem with the leg work.. just wanna see it pay off already. =)

Now I expect both gardens to perform as desired. YAHOO!!!!!!!

I just get nervous with that kind of thing because humans make mistakes. Even the best intentioned people forget things or lose track of time. If you can stay on top of it though and don't mind the extra work then more power to you.

Also as someone who grows just for myself and who can keep well supplied growing one or two crops a year one at a time I just don't see the sense in handling my grow in a way that creates more work and therefore is more likely to one day make me resentful of the extra work. Something like growing your own should be as simple as watering regularly and checking periodically to make sure everything is working the way it's supposed to.

If I were growing commercially my attitude would be different because then I would have profit as a reward for my effort and I could simply view it as a job.

HempKat

Veteran
wondering what causes my girls to look like there reverting back to vegg last week of flower, any thoughts.

Impossible to say without more information about your grow space and how you care for your plants. The only thing to cause plants to revert to veg that I know of is if they are exposed to a sufficient length of light period to cause the plant to stop flowering. Of course if this was happening with flowering plants they would be hermied long before they started reverting back and you would see evidence of this. I mean if you know how to spot a plant reverting to veg then surely you know enough to spot a hermie? So it's a bit strange to hear someone asking why their plants seem to be reverting to veg and yet they make no mention of their plants going hermie on them. Because both are typically caused by light during the dark period and plants going hermie generally happens before plants revert to veg.

Flux451

When would you guys think it would be ideal to top and/or super crop (bend tallest branches considerably) plants indoors?

Is it at all common to top, say, a 'tri-pod' style plant on all of the three tops?

I figure topping would be best earlier, around 1-3 weeks after first transplant, maybe even later for soil. (it cannot be performed too late obviously but how late is too late?)

And super cropping, I am unsure, maybe better suited for the flip to 12/12 in stretch prevention or canopy control and design.

HempKat

Veteran
When would you guys think it would be ideal to top and/or super crop (bend tallest branches considerably) plants indoors?

Is it at all common to top, say, a 'tri-pod' style plant on all of the three tops?

I figure topping would be best earlier, around 1-3 weeks after first transplant, maybe even later for soil. (it cannot be performed too late obviously but how late is too late?)

And super cropping, I am unsure, maybe better suited for the flip to 12/12 in stretch prevention or canopy control and design.

There is no specific time frame other then you want to do as much of that sort of thing, if not all of it, during veg. 1-3 weeks after the first transplant sounds good because by then the plant should be well established and almost if not fully mature. Really though it depends on what your goal is. For example some people like to top early on when the plant only has a couple of nodes, thereby resulting in a plant that has 4 main colas instead of 1. In this case topping would likely be done before the first transplant.

Basically you could look at it like this, veg is the time to develope you plant into the size and shape you want it to be in flower and therefore all topping/trainning should be done during the veg period. The flowering period is for flowering which the plant doesn't need much help with other then adding support when buds get too heavy for their branches. Personally I like to leave a plant alone as much as possible when it's in flower. The less you do to it the less there are chances for the plant to experience stress and possibly go hermie.

woolybear

Veteran
Oregon to Vegas

Oregon to Vegas

Hey old farts,

Thinking about a roadtrip to Vegas. What's the best way to get there from Oregon?

Google maps suggests I-5 to sacramento, then 99 south, the 15 east to Vegas.

Sound about right?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
that will work, did it (googl) supply the distance?

take 50 east from Sacramento to Tahoe, then south on 96 into Vegas. it's a lot of driving, how long are you staying?

at any rate, have fun, stay safe, and btw...STDs do NOT stay in Las Vegas!

ijim

Some Sativas will grow foxtails on the ends of their flowers. These can be mistaken for new growth. Check for light leaks in your room.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
the term is 'colitis' short for little tails. Cola is the singular.
makes sense that sativas do this, some hybrids, unusual on indicas.

HempKat

Veteran
Hey old farts,

Thinking about a roadtrip to Vegas. What's the best way to get there from Oregon?

Google maps suggests I-5 to sacramento, then 99 south, the 15 east to Vegas.

Sound about right?

The best way in my opinion would be in the back of some luxurious limo with half a dozen babes to keep you from getting bored. Let some other schmuck do all the driving. :)

woolybear

Veteran
that will work, did it (googl) supply the distance?

take 50 east from Sacramento to Tahoe, then south on 96 into Vegas. it's a lot of driving, how long are you staying?

at any rate, have fun, stay safe, and btw...STDs do NOT stay in Las Vegas!

Its a 16 hour drive according to google. Staying 7-10 days depending how I do. Cant imagine going that long without ganj, so the drive.

Am I crazy? Low budget, no limo this time! :)

spunion

Does OG mean Ocean Grown?

I got a clone today called "Oahu Grown Pakalolo" (guy said its like ISS). Its already 1' with 1' roots and smells funky from up close. Kinda looking forward too it, love Hawaiin genetics.

cheesydick

hi hempkat, could you use a tent inside a bigger room and only use the air from the room and supplement it with co2 or would you need to do more.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
hi hempkat, could you use a tent inside a bigger room and only use the air from the room and supplement it with co2 or would you need to do more.

Cool your light with outdoor air(flow thru light, with a vortec fan drawing and venting outdoors). set up a small A/C for the tent, set up Co2 for the correct ppm. It can get expensive running a AC, as well as the light.

HempKat

Veteran
Does OG mean Ocean Grown?

I got a clone today called "Oahu Grown Pakalolo" (guy said its like ISS). Its already 1' with 1' roots and smells funky from up close. Kinda looking forward too it, love Hawaiin genetics.

Depends on where it's used. Often times when you see it used on these sites it refers to an old site that got closed down that was called OverGrow or OG for short. I suppose it could be used to represent Ocean Grown but I doubt it is ever meant to represent that. More likely it would refer to some place like what you have, it refers to Oahu so you could say the clone you have is OG Pakalolo.

HempKat

Veteran

You can definately do a tent inside a larger room but as far as supplementing the grow with CO2 you would have to make sure the room the tent was in was sealed otherwise the CO2 would get sucked out by whatever ventilation/air exchange the room has.

Latest posts

Latest posts