What's new

Wanna Ask The Old Farts A Question?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
stagger lee, it was Billy Bouroughs I was directing my comments towards. I though it was clear, as I had even stated I was less than cordial to him. Hemp is trying to make it look like I threw those words out at him or others, when he knows exactly who it was directed at.

I tell you what, any time, day or night, that you want to challenge me in the arena or ideas and facts, you just bring it.
And I think all can see just who is close minded in here.
Besides, lacking intelligence is just another baseless charge that cannot be backed up. In fact, I think I have shown that I do indeed understand the issue on an intelligent level. Perhaps you show us all where I displayed I was less than intelligent?
Be careful though, you have said some real stupid shit over the years that nobody has ever called you on. When we critique others it often turns out worse than we expected.
Pot and kettle and all, ya understand....

These are statements quoted verbatim from your initial post.

More akin to a kids group, than a group of adults offering sage advise.

Telling a group of adults that offer sage advice that they are more like a group of kids is not being less the cordial to just billy. You essentially applied that label to everyone that helps here which includes Billy, myself, Weezard, Hoosierdaddy (well until he got himself banned in a different thread), Gold123, and a few others. So you basically called all of us a bunch of kids that don't know what we're talking about.

But to try and convince some of you is like hitting a brick wall. Even worse in many instances, as many a good person has been trampled by the mean words of the blatantly ignorant.

Some of you suggests more then one, if you were addressing just Billy then you would have said "convincing one of you..." or "convincing Billy..."

And if you folks would actually put on your study caps, instead of continuing to pass on bad info and basic hearsay

You folks is plural and used this way means you're addressing everyone that participates regularly here. So again, not limited to or directed at just Billy you are essentially telling everyone here that the advice they give is bad and just basic hearsay.

You people throwing these baseless charges out can't even explain what you really mean, let alone the real truth of the issue.

Again you people is plural and in no way would anyone with the reading comprehension of a 1st grader or better would see that as being directed at just Billy.

It is especially disheartening to see the dumbass charge get thrown out by dumbasses.Of any place on this board I would like to see wise up, it would be this one. I have respect for us old guys and the experience we can offer up to young and new growers. But when the knowledge turns into the typical ignorant bullshit, it is a big disappointing bummer.

Dumbasses is also plural and nobody would ever think you meant just one person. So you're essentially calling all of us dumbasses and saying that the advice we give is ignorant bullshit.

As for proof of lack of intelligence. Hell just you sitting here trying to say you were only addressing Billy in the statements quoted above is proof of you're lack of intelligence. Smart people don't go around making claims that can be so easily disproven by thier own words.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Female seeds

Female seeds

I run clones (Mothers I always keep), standard seeds, and female seeds.

I did get a hermie African seed that was supposed to be female, and I also got a male X18 plant from supposed female seeds. I also got one plant that i pulled out and burried it stunk so bad! It was a egg yolk flavor, and Id start vomiting everytime I took a hit.
Im currently running about 18 varieties (GDP, OG Kush, Sour D, sweettooth,Orange Crush, ChemdogD, Chemdog4, Purple Camo, LA Confidential,Skunk Haze, Humboldt,X18,sharks breath, Catarac Kush,SweetChunk, and many more.) What I was getting to is this little tidbit..... Pretty much my favorite smoke of all was a single seed female from Brand X seedbank, Its the LA Conf. I began running it last winter, and Ill always keep a MOM of it. Rock hard beautiful lemon cookie afghani flavor, and a instant headrush so hard it easily rivals Headband. Im running it in a competetion against my Sons Elite Humboldt OG Kush and Sour Diesel clones.

picture.php

I read a post of chimera's that made me 2nd guess my breeding (more like pollen chucking) strategy(sp?). Up until now all my seedcrops were done just to use outdoors for the following summer.So didnt need to put much thought into it.

But chimera brought up the point that 1:1 breeding limits the diversity(sp?) of that strains genetics. I might have stated that wrong, but I guess my question would be I have a grapefruit(spg) female that Im gonna use some c99 male pollen on. I usually just pick the best male (from the strain Im using) for breeding and Im wondering if I should be using pollen from more than 1 c99 male. Especially if the male Im using isnt a proven keeper? Would this make my chances of finding good plants from their offspring? Usually I just use the resulting seeds for the next summer. but Im thinking on selecting plants from the GF x c99 cross to continue breeding with. As you can see Im just a pollen chucker now, but thinking about getting into breeding.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I read a post of chimera's that made me 2nd guess my breeding (more like pollen chucking) strategy(sp?). Up until now all my seedcrops were done just to use outdoors for the following summer.So didnt need to put much thought into it.

But chimera brought up the point that 1:1 breeding limits the diversity(sp?) of that strains genetics. I might have stated that wrong, but I guess my question would be I have a grapefruit(spg) female that Im gonna use some c99 male pollen on. I usually just pick the best male (from the strain Im using) for breeding and Im wondering if I should be using pollen from more than 1 c99 male. Especially if the male Im using isnt a proven keeper? Would this make my chances of finding good plants from their offspring? Usually I just use the resulting seeds for the next summer. but Im thinking on selecting plants from the GF x c99 cross to continue breeding with. As you can see Im just a pollen chucker now, but thinking about getting into breeding.

Yes.

Its best to have multiple males to select from, I usually pick out the best three, mix the pollen together, and put it in a vial and freeze what isnt needed. I did that with Deep Chunk, and sweetTooth, then got it out a few months later to hit the outdoor crop with. I just hit GDP with SweetTooth3 on one branch,Deep Chunk on another, Purple Camo female pollen on another, And Chemdog4SD on another. Just be careful and use a tiny artist brush.
I have a friend that reversed a Male so he could smoke it as a female bud and try it out before using it. It worked.
picture.php

Pictured above is a Humboldt Green house mistake. It was from a greenhouse full of an OrangeCrush/ SalmonCreek BigBud clones. It was a female that got stressed we figure. Bagseed,no males. I keep a mother of this all the time as well. Superb Flavor and High.

DP

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran

I'm not sure as I'm no breeder. I do think if you used more then one male C-99 for pollen it would increase your chances of their being a greater variety in how the genetics express themselves but I'm thinking unless you grow out hundreds or thousands of plants at a time your chances of finding anything exceptionally different within a crop is going to be pretty low.

off topic but Dr P you should make some Sw Tooth seeds or some crosses w/it! Breeders steves ST or Barney's? Had ST from steve going around 10 yrs ago and it was a sweet dank strain! shish was almost just as nice! outta here Peace!

oldog

How to type degree symbol

How to type degree symbol

Type 98 etc, hold down Alt button, on right side keyboard type 0176, release Alt
= 98°

Why is this thread so aggressive ?

Have a nice day.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
SweetTooth 3

SweetTooth 3

Everything I have gotten from Barneys has been crap, with exception of this one plant. Yes it came from Barneys, and its a wonderful smooth, sweet, Afghani-Caramel flavor, with a hell raiser of a headrush and High.
I have one small one outside in bud now, but didnt pollinate that one. How about Chemdog4/Sour Diesel pollen?

picture.php

She makes these

picture.php

Type 98 etc, hold down Alt button, on right side keyboard type 0176, release Alt
= 98°

Why is this thread so aggressive ?

Have a nice day.

This thread wasnt agressive at all until bab ku showed up and figured that Hempies thread was the place to unleash and i was the main focus of that attack because o i cant remember how he put it thats how much it's affected me :)

but no typicaly this is an awesome thread helpful friendly and timely response's i don't know about the comment i don't know shit your welcome to look at my albums not even sure whats in them but i'm sure theres enough there to show that in fact i just might just maybe know whats going on :)

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Is dis ° ?

Is dis ° ?

Well,
Lemme see.
Is dis ° ?

O I C. He he he.

Works in most editors.
But it seems to confuse browsers.

I composed this in I. E. as an E-mail, then copy n paste to IC's wysiwyg.

When I tried doin' it in IC's editor, it woke up da browser and Yahoo'ed me.

Aloha Y'all

Latest posts

Latest posts