What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vote Republicann!!

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These political threads need to be approached with a calm,open minded sense of reason.Similar to what I display on a nearly daily basis .

:laughing:

What's worse is I make a post poking fun at myself,and it got lost in the midst of this bullshit...lol

It's kinda like taking a piss in a scuba suit,gives ya a warm cuddly feeling on the inside,but no one seems to notice.

X

xavier7995

Ive seen that one. Big fan of the various documentaries about both gary and east st. Louis. Been to gary once, was driving cross country and happened to be passing by around 3am and wanted to check it out. Yep, it was a rough ass town. Hard to compare against east stl as i spent way more time there so have a more developed view of the place.

Still a lil salty i couldnt find the Jackson house, maybe there were signs and i missed them.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'm still trying to figure why anyone would put down people who work at Walmart,or any other retail job.
Some of those Walmart employees in El Paso disregarded their own safety to save customers they had NO personal connection to,so in my eyes they were for a moment first responders being paid minimum wage.
How the "F" do you put that down.

Don't overthink it. It's base sociopathy, pure and simple.

'Boogieman'

Ive seen that one. Big fan of the various documentaries about both gary and east st. Louis. Been to gary once, was driving cross country and happened to be passing by around 3am and wanted to check it out. Yep, it was a rough ass town. Hard to compare against east stl as i spent way more time there so have a more developed view of the place.

Still a lil salty i couldnt find the Jackson house, maybe there were signs and i missed them.

The family wants peace, unless you know where the house is your not going to find signs or anything like that. It looks like any other house in Gary to be honest you would have no idea who lived there. I never been to St. Louis myself but I heard it's rough.

X

xavier7995

Most of stl is fine, same as any city really. The portion that is over on the IL side is fucked up though. Theres also this weird little town that is nothing but strip clubs and 24 hr bars, its sort of next to east stl. I went there to see motorhead back in the day and it was some hilarious shit out of a movie, felt like walking into that bar in the movie from dusk till dawn.

Edit: town i am talking about is called sauget,il and the bar was pops. The yelp reviews of pops sum it up pretty well. Sauget was created by monsanto as some sort of weird area with very few rules governing business.

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
Agree that most of St. Louis is decent, like other larger cities has a few tougher areas, mostly closer to the river and north. East St. Louis has had the highest per capita murder several different years, it’s a poorer area that’s many times less populated than the Missouri version of St Louis. Sauget does seem to be exempt from environmental regulation, is how I would describe it. Went to Pops once cause it had strippers at the time when St Louis didn’t it seemed, mid eighties, feel underprepared unless armed over there.

Used to work at Eckerts orchards in Bonne Terre Missouri and would go through E St Louis to Belleville, Millstadt and Grafton Illinois to haul peaches if the Bonne Terre location lost their crop due to late frost on the blooms

X

xavier7995

Its the only place i have done the old white lady move and locked my car doors while driving. Twice in a row had people try and get in so lesson learned. Everyone i know has a tale of accidentally taking the wrong ramp and getting off the interstate before crossing the river.

redlaser

Veteran
Yeah, if your not familiar with St.Louis going north especially it’s easy to make the wrong choice even with the signs. Friends and relatives arriving from out of the area always get the heads up on E. St.Louis. Area sucks for residents in a lot of ways, but like you said Monsanto and other corps own the area for the most, Monsanto headquarters about 15-20 miles over the river in Creve Coeur. I remember when Carl Officer was mayor in E St. Louis, crap he would get caught doing. Lots of corruption that siphoned what tax money was ever collected.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
In 1975 I rode my 10 speed bicycle from Va. Beach to western Colo.

We came into St Louis from the east on U.S. 60 (I can't find it on the map anymore)

We rode thru East St. Louis... We were 3 white boys with hair to the middle of our backs...
I remember that it was a very sketchy area back then...

Crossed the river and camped out south of St. Louis...
The next day we toured A.B. and the Arch, and that night we camped out in Forest Park...

Little did we know!

redlaser

Veteran
That’s a healthy bike ride Bud, probably saw a lot on that trip.

Carl Officer was a Republican to stay somewhat on topic.
His family runs a mortuary business in East St.Louis, and he is an ordained minister.
Few unusual things while mayor:

Got caught driving a known drug dealers Ferrari going 105, he said he was going 140.

Went to go give a talk in civics to school children, but before starting he unholstered a 9 mm from a shoulder harness.

When discussing a new hospital’s wing devoted to unwed mothers, he promised to help re populate it.

Amynamous

Not every scientist in the world believes in global warming. Just the ones getting paid to.

I must be daft. I thought it was the scientists that don’t support global climate change are the ones that are getting paid to push their opinions without EVIDENCE.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Vote Republican? - HTF do I do that? - don't you have to be a USA citizen to vote - or doesn't that matter any more? - I used to be a 'legal/registered alien' in the USA (official status) - once upon-a-time - but lost my green card because I had to go back to my planet for over a year - does that help? - lol

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vote Republican? - HTF do I do that? - don't you have to be a USA citizen to vote - or doesn't that matter any more? - I used to be a 'legal/registered alien' in the USA (official status) - once upon-a-time - but lost my green card because I had to go back to my planet for over a year - does that help? - lol

Maybe not vote,well legally anyway.But free healthcare,free education,even a thousand a month just for you being you.And if you should happen to commit serious criminal offenses,we give you a free attorney,and wont deport you.

Oh heavens, my mistake I got this confused with the dims thread,scratch all of that.:)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Maybe not vote,well legally anyway.But free healthcare,free education,even a thousand a month just for you being you.And if you should happen to commit serious criminal offenses,we give you a free attorney,and wont deport you.

Oh heavens, my mistake I got this confused with the dims thread,scratch all of that.:)

Nothing like a good stereotype.

X

xavier7995

Gypsy is a brit bruh...they already have that stuff.