What's new

Vote NO to legalize cannabis....Or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSWM

No, you are operating a for profit commercial grow

This is an incredibly ignorant statement. Legally any grower or dispensary, collective or cooperative,must operate in a non profit manner. As anyone else will tell you, an NPO can pay their workers a "fair" price for their time and services.

It's hilarious how everyone wants to get into the legal details of legalization, then dismisses any legality of the way medical laws in CA currently work.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Well, then it's not really "legal" then, is it? That's kind of the point of this thread. Thank you for FINALLY acknowledging it.

There is a big difference between growing in your backyard and growing in a sealed room. The smell can be contained indoors and the neighbors would never know what's going on. The limitations need to at least make sense in order for their to be policy. A person smoking a gram of weed with the window open can disturb a neighbor more than a couple of bedrooms full of plants where the smell is controlled with carbon filters. That's why your limitations need to be repealed. They make no sense.

Just to prove my point, I recently read an article discussing the issues neighbors have with people in Colorado even smoking weed on their own property. It's getting pretty ridiculous out there:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/pot-legal-homeowner-agreements-ban-24707228

"It's not clear how many homeowners' associations have confronted marijuana conflicts in the 23 states with some form of legal marijuana. But lawyers who specialize in HOA disputes, as well as a Colorado regulatory agency that advises HOAs, say there are growing conflicts among neighbors who want to smoke pot and others who don't want to see it or smell it."

Forget about not being able to grow it, you can't even smoke it anymore in Colorado. This is getting comedic. Somebody needs to explain to Colorado that the growers with indoor operations controlled with carbon filters aren't causing any problems. Except, for the fact that the weed they're selling out of their homes isn't being taxed and funneled back into the educational system. The rules justifying their exclusion from the tax process in Colorado make no sense as I've just demonstrated here in this post.

HOA's turn stupid everywhere, even over veggie gardens. That's not unique to CO. Dragging out one example of such does not make it the general rule, at all. In Denver, I can get high on the front porch if I want, set up a picnic table on the lawn & offer free tokes & small quantities of weed to passersby. I could harvest my grow & hang the plants on the same front porch, let the lovely aroma waft through the neighborhood. It's rough, I'm tellin' ya, really rough.

The funniest part of it all is you going on as if you have the vaguest idea of what you're talking about. It's the sad side of comedy gold.

Jhhnn

Veteran
This is an incredibly ignorant statement. Legally any grower or dispensary, collective or cooperative,must operate in a non profit manner. As anyone else will tell you, an NPO can pay their workers a "fair" price for their time and services.

It's hilarious how everyone wants to get into the legal details of legalization, then dismisses any legality of the way medical laws in CA currently work.

"Fair" being what, exactly?

Oh, wait- I know. It's whatever the owner can pay himself, right?

I do enjoy the legalistic hairsplitting- gives me a laugh. You'd do better to save it for the rubes, however.

LSWM

I'm fucking done. CO people in this thread love their laws, well guess what you can keep them!

I'll be out here in CA growing as much weed as I want to, be able to be compensated for my hard work, and continue to do so tax free, and without governent intervention into my methods.

I can smoke weed in my back yard if it is fenced/not publicly visible and there are no children present. I can do the same with my drying plants.

I can grow outdoors, indoors, in a greenhouse, you name it. I can setup a private area for patients only where I can hand out samples to a "passer by" of course you need to see their mmj rec, but I'd assume checking the age of passers by would be an important step in CO as well with your sample stand in front of you house.

Its rough, I'm tellin' ya, really rough.

LSWM

I do enjoy the legalistic hairsplitting- gives me a laugh. You'd do better to save it for the rubes, however.

Legal hair splitting is exactly what we are arguing about, yet when it comesto CA medical laws you guys suddenly jump ship.

Show me 1 NPO operating where the owner is making what you would consider "fair" and I'll show you 10 that anyone would consider unfair. Yet they exist and the government has little legal right to prosecute them unless they do something really bad.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Have fun... and try to keep in mind, there's no instant gratification in the adult world... we'll keep hammering away at this work in progress...

unless of course you think you can do better in Cali... but make no mistake... whatever happens here will affect you... big business is here. I wouldnt be surprised if cali got a whole lot more restrictive now... it is the cali governmental way.

LSWM

CA did not do the legal footwork to be a model for anything... and again...

`3 Strikes' Law Mainly Nets Marijuana Users - Chicago Tribune

Yep... much better in Cali

If you've read the thread from the beginning you would see I conceited defeat and that legalization would in fact help ignorant people from staying out of jail. Any person competent enough to read and understand the laws which govern them have ZERO chance of any legal repercussions regarding marijuana in California.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Legal hair splitting is exactly what we are arguing about, yet when it comesto CA medical laws you guys suddenly jump ship.

Show me 1 NPO operating where the owner is making what you would consider "fair" and I'll show you 10 that anyone would consider unfair. Yet they exist and the government has little legal right to prosecute them unless they do something really bad.

Forbes-Image-21.jpg

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
If you've read the thread from the beginning you would see I conceited defeat and that legalization would in fact help ignorant people from staying out of jail. Any person competent enough to read and understand the laws which govern them have ZERO chance of any legal repercussions regarding marijuana in California.

I thought we were talking about the greatness of the california system?

LSWM

Have fun... and try to keep in mind, there's no instant gratification in the adult world... we'll keep hammering away at this work in progress...

unless of course you think you can do better in Cali... but make no mistake... whatever happens here will affect you... big business is here. I wouldnt be surprised if cali got a whole lot more restrictive now... it is the cali governmental way.

I think we can do much better.

Please read.
http://www.jackherer.com/initiative/

budtang

That would be sweet. How would you suggest it all be controlled? By an "honor system"...including reporting how much you grew/what it cost to grow and how much you sold it for...? Or would even that be too intrusive in your world?

And what about chemicals and pesticides/etc.? Again...take the growers word that there's nothing bad on the product...or are any regulations too many regulations for you? Folks should "just believe"? On good faith? cus there are so many HONEST people out there?

What do you call "only growing 6 plants per household?" That's an honor system. You already have a system that opens the door for people to dodge paying taxes on weed. The only difference now is that you can't possibly tax ANY of them. It's better getting some of them to provide consumers with a larger variety of taxed weed in a retail environment.

Chemicals and pesticides would be screened for by the dispensary purchasing the weed from the grower, as well as state inspectors who are likely already doing that with these store fronts. If you want to go as far as to inspect the actual grow operations at residences I wouldn't have any problem with that as long as that doesn't include forced used of chemicals and pesticides.

THAT'S THE POINT OF THIS THREAD.

Why don't the liquor stores operate like that?

Why are you talking about liquor? They're 2 entirely different products and industries. You don't see successful businesses in the liquor industry that are run out of people's HOMES.

There are dozens of examples of successful breeding operations, grow operations, etc. in the Cannabis Industry here on this forum of people growing in their homes for retail in California. Why isn't Colorado doing the same thing as California in regards to residential operations?

Billy Bob brews some beer in the basement next to the lawn mower repair shop he has set up down there as well.

Samuel Adams was a brewing company started in a garage. It's now a billion dollar company. Partially, because the guy impressed other investors with the product he produced in his garage. They saw the potential and gave the guy money to lease larger space at a brewery.

Cannabis growers could do that in their own homes, but not with 6 plants. That's the problem. You don't need examples in the alcohol industry to prove that you can run a successful grow operation in the cannabis industry out of your home. They're different industries.

LSWM

The only argument I've seen for changing things in California would be to give more freedom to the ignorant, so long as those informed are not restricted.

I could really care less what the legalization laws say as long as it keeps young minorities out of jail/prison and doesn't touch my medical laws.

I would love to see unlimited personal growing be legal recreationally, but currently my states medical laws allow you to do so. Only problem is fear of federal intervention.

budtang

In Cali you can operate a home based food business....for sure.....but not without licenses and inspections and insurance....as well as a bevy of rules that MUST be followed.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

I would be happy to participate in everything listed.

LSWM

I can't believe you would respond to this without retracting your previous statements about raw marijuana.

Simply ignoring pieces of the argument because you don't like them or they don't fit into you narrow mindset, and continuing to blindy defend and argue is a waste of my time and everyone else's.

We are here to share experience and information through discussion, or so I thought...

Jhhnn

Veteran
I can't believe you would respond to this without retracting your previous statements about raw marijuana.

Simply ignoring pieces of the argument because you don't like them or they don't fit into you narrow mindset, and continuing to blindy defend and argue is a waste of my time and everyone else's.

We are here to share experience and information through discussion, or so I thought...

Yeh, the part where you claimed that raw marijuana had no psychoactive properties, then claimed low psychoactive properties, then obfuscated into pointless dithering about THCA.

It was all a duh-version into some obscure realm of cannabis homeopathy, iirc.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with NPO operators paying themselves, now does it?

monsoon

WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

I would be happy to participate in everything listed.

My POINT is that a lot of us would have been happy with the system/idea you are stuck on and keep chastising us for >not trying<...when in fact, due to loopholes in the original wording on A20...we had that very system here from late 2008 to mid 2010...so some of us are very familiar with how it works. Very.

Sadly...as more folks moved here to make bank off the system (just like you talk of doing to Cali) the State was also taking notice and becoming far more familiar with how it was all working. Seeing millions of untracked dollars from drug sales flying by...just far enough above board to be noticed...and ALL of which was being generated WITHIN a State operated/mandated program...the State then also took advantage of the same loopholes the new "dispensary" owners used a year or so earlier to establish themselves and took it upon themselves to play catch-up in a big way...passing HB1284... 'legitimizing' the dispensaries, and setting it up so they had to supply themselves...simultaneously squishing the hopes of all home (med) growers in the process to be a part of the supply chain.

By the time 64 rolled around...the trend was set in stone and there was absolutely no mention/plan to include home growers. 64 truly had no bearing on any of it...as the decision had been made years earlier to cut out the home growers from the picture and avoid a repeat of the scenario that happened in the med realm.

You can bet Cali is watching and planning a similar stunt... there's just too much money to be made for the state to not get more than their fair share.

Jhhnn

Veteran
My POINT is that a lot of us would have been happy with the system/idea you are stuck on and keep chastising us for >not trying<...when in fact, due to loopholes in the original wording on A20...we had that very system here from late 2008 to mid 2010...so some of us are very familiar with how it works. Very.

Sadly...as more folks moved here to make bank off the system (just like you talk of doing to Cali) the State was also taking notice and becoming far more familiar with how it was all working. Seeing millions of untracked dollars from drug sales flying by...just far enough above board to be noticed...and ALL of which was being generated WITHIN a State operated/mandated program...the State then also took advantage of the same loopholes the new "dispensary" owners used a year or so earlier to establish themselves and took it upon themselves to play catch-up in a big way...passing HB1284... 'legitimizing' the dispensaries, and setting it up so they had to supply themselves...simultaneously squishing the hopes of all home (med) growers in the process to be a part of the supply chain.

By the time 64 rolled around...the trend was set in stone and there was absolutely no mention/plan to include home growers. 64 truly had no bearing on any of it...as the decision had been made years earlier to cut out the home growers from the picture and avoid a repeat of the scenario that happened in the med realm.

You can bet Cali is watching and planning a similar stunt... there's just too much money to be made for the state to not get more than their fair share.

It's no secret that a lot of black market weed comes from supposedly "legal" small growers simply because there's been no way to track production in an effective manner. Of course they sell to dispensaries, but that's only part of the truth. It's been an easy cover for growers wherever they could exploit it. They've also been free to overcome problems w/ whatever chemistry they choose and to pump up production with a variety of things like paclo.

As you say, CO clamped down on that years ago, but medium sized independent med growers survive in CO to this day in some way that I don't pretend to understand. Hell, I met with one last fall when investigating opportunities, graced by their hospitality offered because of a mutual friend. They had over 1000 plants in a small warehouse grow, mostly Flo & Blue Dream, also one of the Chem lines. Nice people, very friendly encounter, but neither of us seem to want to pursue it. Happened to drive by a few weeks ago, noticed their vehicle outside, so they're clearly still in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts