What's new

Vote NO to legalize cannabis....Or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSWM

In other words, Libertarianism isn't very well connected to the reality of human nature.

You said it yourself.

...but coercing people to follow rules by force is a much better expression of human nature? I'm not saying libertarianism work, but I don't think this current system of slavery does either.

This thread.

If anyone has ever wondered how the current path toward legalization is affecting growers who capitalize off its illegal status... this thread should answer that question for you. The only arguments I'm seeing against legalization are that it will eliminate the commercial bedroom grower, and that it will upset certain individuals' libertarian ideals.

:laughing:

That is the imaginary world I referenced in a previous post.

The only argument that I have made against legalization has nothing to do with any commercial aspect. I simply want to grow cannabis freely to feed/clothe/heal myself. I can currently do so with little effort in California. In CO there is a limit on how many plants I can grow, granted, there is no limit on the amount produced by said plants.

Regulation iisthe enemy here, be it in any form. Obviously Kentucky would benefit from CO legalization, but you guys really should stop touting it as the golden standard. It isn't. Neither is Cali, but making the comparison shows steps we could take, from both side.

Getting local police off the back of storefront would be a plus here in Cali. But it's not hard for Joe blow to get weed as it is anyways, so if that means stricter regulations on the growing side then I'm not sure its worth it. And even then, cities can currently ban store fronts, would the state stop that from happening with recreational?

budtang

And even then, cities can currently ban store fronts, would the state stop that from happening with recreational?

Probably not. Cops love finding $500,000 in a dispensary safe and only reporting $400,000 when the court date comes. The judge they pay off for the warrant does too. : )

LSWM

For the spectators reading this thread: vote yes on any and every legalization bill. All that anyone is immediately stopping the incarceration of people who use cannabis. After that happens, you can then rally your troops and promote your libertarian paradigms. But until then, if you vote no on a legalization bill, ESPECIALLY if your only reason for doing so is it will put you out of business, then you are the enemy. (For lack of a better word).

Also for the spectators, or anyone keeping score: if the pot stores don't have the quality you are looking for, start growing it yourself. If people have been able to successfully grow their own stash in the draconian paradigm, can you imagine how much easier it will be to do so in the paradigm where pot is legally sold in retail stores?

Nobody is going to jail here in CA. Please tell me more about how CA should just blindly vote yes to regulations.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
but you guys really should stop touting it as the golden standard. It isn't.

Having read through this entire thread as it has unfolded, I think it's safe to say that there hasn't really been anyone touting it as a golden standard, except for the people who are trying vehemently to point out that it is NOT a golden standard. All people are saying, if I may speak on behalf of the pro-legalization crowd, is that right now it's the best example there is of a paradigm where recreational pot is legal and can be bought in retail stores, which also goes on to mean that the simple possession of pot now is also legal, regardless of where or how it originated.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Nobody is going to jail here in CA. Please tell me more about how CA should just blindly vote yes to regulations.

Oh I'm sorry... in some places where incarceration doesn't happen, there are fines. No one should have to go to jail OR pay fines for smoking pot.

LOL at your choice of words there... "blindly vote yes to regulations" lol. Look at it however you want to, I'm not interested in changing your mind. Based on all the +rep I've gotten all throughout this thread, repeating the same sentiment over and over again, I'm convinced that you are the minority mindset, and most people want what I want, which is for my fellow citizens to stop being penalized for using cannabis.

Jhhnn

Veteran
...but coercing people to follow rules by force is a much better expression of human nature? I'm not saying libertarianism work, but I don't think this current system of slavery does either.

In a society with democratic principles, that's done on the basis of consent. In Libertopia, social predators apply force as they see fit. Why else would authoritarian right wing billionaires promulgate libertopian fantasy in the first place, if not to supplant democracy with their own corporate authority?

Freedom for them is just freedumb for the rest of us.

LSWM

In CA blindly voting yes to regulations makes zero sense. As an informed user you are offered so much protection as a medical patient. If you get a fine for possession that's on you, but if instead of taking responsibility and taking steps to be legal, I guess voting yes to more regulations is okay...

The whole point of not voting for legalization is to avoid regulation, but as I said above, the general population has no interest in personal responsibility so I guess legalization makes the most sense to them.

My first thought is to say fuck those people too stupid to protect themselves with a medical recommendation, but then I think of the racial inequality in drug arrests and the ignorance that is bred in the inner city... Fuck it. I guess keeping the ignorant out of jail for possession is better than me staying out for growing obscene amounts for personal consumption.

I think that's some fucking twisted ass logic but I guess we should all make sacrifices for the greater good, no?

budtang

No one should have to go to jail OR pay fines for smoking pot.

The irony here is that you can go to jail in Colorado, where weed is legal, for growing weed in your house and selling it. That's bizarre in a state where weed is supposed to be legal. It's laughable that you even consider weed to be "legal" in Colorado given those hypocritical circumstances.

So, nobody, except growers who pay their bills with the weed grown in their home, "should have go to jail OR pay fines for smoking pot?"

LSWM

In a society with democratic principles, that's done on the basis of consent. In Libertopia, social predators apply force as they see fit. Why else would authoritarian right wing billionaires promulgate libertopian fantasy in the first place, if not to supplant democracy with their own corporate authority?

Freedom for them is just freedumb for the rest of us.

I hardly believe the Feds need any consent from anyone to do anything, not even the majority...

Jhhnn

Veteran
The irony here is that you can go to jail in Colorado, where weed is legal, for growing weed in your house and selling it. That's bizarre in a state where weed is supposed to be legal. It's laughable that you even consider weed to be "legal" in Colorado given those hypocritical circumstances.

So, nobody, except growers who pay their bills with the weed grown in their home, "should have go to jail OR pay fines for smoking pot?"

Your point is what, exactly? You can go to jail in CA for doing the same thing if you're not protected by authoritarian MMJ paperwork.

budtang

All people are saying, if I may speak on behalf of the pro-legalization crowd, is that right now it's the best example there is of a paradigm where recreational pot is legal and can be bought in retail stores

Until I see top shelf being sold in Colorado weed retail stores, weed is still illegal in Colorado imo. Where is this legal top shelf weed you speak of? I'm not seeing it.

When the only way I can possibly acquire top shelf weed in that state is to break the law and purchase it from a grower illegally, weed isn't legal in that state. When I see top shelf grow operations approved and top shelf weed readily available on retail store shelves I'll give you credit for being legal. Until then...

which also goes on to mean that the simple possession of pot now is also legal, regardless of where or how it originated.

Unless you purchase the weed from a source that isn't licensed by the state. Then, that product is an illegal narcotic under your state's "legal system."glgl

budtang

Your point is what, exactly? You can go to jail in CA for doing the same thing if you're not protected by authoritarian MMJ paperwork.

Why would you say that? It has nothing to do with anything I'm saying.

You don't go to jail if you have the paperwork, Jhhnn. That's the point. I can't even get the paper work in your state. The option isn't available in your state. I have no problem getting it in California.

If I start working there you can be damn sure that their growing department is going to get an earful from me.

There is no doubt in my mind. I'm sure they'll be very happy they hired you blind the moment you get off probation. Grace them with your wealth of knowledge and see what happens.

In case you're interested, all I'm looking to hear from a bush bitch is "yes sir." That's the job description, same as any other entry level job. They're replaceable. It's that simple.

budtang

There is no doubt in my mind. I'm sure they'll be very happy they hired you blind the moment you get off probation.

Given how shitty their weed is, I'm sure they will be happy.

In case you're interested, all I'm looking to hear from a bush bitch is "yes sir." That's the job description same with any other entry level job. They're replaceable. It's that simple.

In case you're interested, my friend tells the owner of Gaia straight to his face that his weed is mediocre. He's well aware of it. He knows he isn't producing top shelf that can compete with the best from Cali because people who have actually seen good bud have informed of it. He doesn't have to in Colorado because the weed sucks so bad there right now.

I would never work in a grow operation myself. If I work there I would be a bud tender and grow under the table.

You do realize that all of their competitors and half of Washington sells consulting services and the consultants have multimillion dollar businesses as references their techniques work, right?

Are you on probation for running a 10,000 plant operation out of your house by chance?

budtang

You do realize that all of their competitors and half of Washington sells consulting services and the consultants have multimillion dollar businesses as references their techniques work, right?

They made a lot of money growing mid-grade. What is your point?

It's pretty damn obvious these Colorado consultants weren't growing top shelf because it doesn't exist in Colorado retail. I can't speak for Washington.

LSWM

Which would be mistaken at best, more likely deliberately wrong.

The majority of the current population has not given consent to 90% of the laws which govern them. Their parents elected leaders and those leaders gave consent to regulations before I was ever born.

Saying that the majority is consensual in what the federal government does is saying that american citizens not only support, but are in turn responsible, for the deaths of innocents in drone strikes in Iraq or Afghanistan.

There is an incredible disconnect between our representatives and the will of the people. Trying to say that consent is given based on our current democratic system is absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts