What's new

VIRUS in Tangie seeds-beware!

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EDIT: ok I skimmed through the thread too fast, you sprouted more than two seeds and the healthy two weren't the ones displaying the "symptoms" fact remains, chill, the plants would have most likely been fine and grew out it. no need to spread hysteria surrounding specific breeders and their strains.

new growers are funny af... *sprouts 2 over hyped seeds, goes on to teach the internet about cannabis diseases*

#fakenews

its simple leaf mottling, seen it tons of times and never had a problem, looks like the plants have already grown out of it too.

go ahead and waste 300$ on a lab test if you want, but the BIGGER issue....

why are you growing CaliConnection seeds in the first place, who does that anymore anyway???

I actually don't know if it's virus or not, as stated above. All info I have stated above relates to diseases and viruses, they adhere to the topic. My apologies that it upsets some of you, that isn't the intention here. The more input we get, the better it is for everyone. Let's keep this thread focused on the topic, not on individuals.

Whats upsetting is you are prattling on about things you havemt the slightest clue about lomg ranting posts of total irrelevancy.

You are not convincing anyone we all are a tad too expereinced for this... so many people saying the same things.

Infinitesimal put it well. #fakenews

EDIT: ok I skimmed through the thread too fast, you sprouted more than two seeds and the healthy two weren't the ones displaying the "symptoms" fact remains, chill, the plants would have most likely been fine and grew out it. no need to spread hysteria surrounding specific breeders and their strains.

new growers are funny af... *sprouts 2 over hyped seeds, goes on to teach the internet about cannabis diseases*

#fakenews

its simple leaf mottling, seen it tons of times and never had a problem, looks like the plants have already grown out of it too.

why are you growing CaliConnection seeds in the first place, who does that anymore anyway???

Swerve has actually 1 listing thats very legit amd worth buying. Only 1 though.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Swerve has actually 1 listing thats very legit amd worth buying. Only 1 though.

well shit, fuck me, "even a blind dog finds a bone every now and again" or something to that affect :laughing:

I remember seeing that Buddha Tahoe or whatever a while back, looked pretty nice and had lots of hype... dunno how frequent that expression would be in his packs though :D

mushroombrew

Veteran
well shit, fuck me, "even a blind dog finds a bone every now and again" or something to that affect :laughing:

I remember seeing that Buddha Tahoe or whatever a while back, looked pretty nice and had lots of hype... dunno how frequent that expression would be in his packs though :D

You guys crack me up!! haha poor swerve!

meizzwang

#fakenews

Fact remains, nobody here has shown proof that this isn't virus in Tangie, there's just a lot of anecdotal here-say observations. Let's see some proof with pictures of the plants and test results.

Roses can live with rose mosaic virus and be symptomless when kept healthy, yet I don't want that in my garden. Given that experts can't with 100% certainty discern variegation from virus just by looking at the symptoms, that's reason enough for me to select against variegation when they show up in seedlings.

Last edited:

PM me and ill tell you. I dont want the OP getting some and starting a diss factory thread about them. Other reason is i dont actually want them to sell out before i get a pack. Im sure glad he brought them back though. Its not "quality breeding" its a s1 but its a good offering thats totally legit regardless of the view on swerve.

On the subject of swerve i wish him the best. Hes got MS and seems to be a tough go for him. He might be a bit of a jackass but hes still a human and i feel for him. I know he catches lots of flack but theres worse out there for sure

frostqueen

Given that experts can't with 100% certainty discern variegation from virus just by looking at the symptoms, that's reason enough for me to select against variegation when they show up in seedlings.

Bottom line: that's your decision. I find it a bit bizarre and unfounded, but to each their own. No point in debating it further after so many have tried to give educated opinions on it already. I'll just toss out some final food for thought before moving on.

In general I find the whole virus hysteria thing to be baffling. Certain people really get bunched up about it as a serious threat and freak out any time a leaf deforms or variegation is seen. It's just never made sense to me. It isn't that these virii don't exist, don't get me wrong. I just think they are fairly rare in isolated cannabis gardens.

I've run a large number of genotypes through my garden over the years as a breeder, and I've never seen an obvious virus situation that subsequently caused problems by spreading to other plants or affecting output or quality in any way. In fact, some of the best plants I have today show this trait; two Wifi sisters who both show variegation in many of their fan leaves. It's actually quite beautiful, and with the obvious health and vigor I've seen... yeah. NOT a virus.

I've also made quite a few hybrids using a reversed 'The White' as a pollinator, and the trait carries over from daddy into my hybrids, so that's likely where the WiFi sisters got it from. One cross I made with Obama Kush is especially amazing and also shows the variegation trait in maybe 2/3 of the offspring.

Best of luck and happy trails.

Maybe bad growing medium? Or pest had a plant recently I found a tiny little green bug on that made a leaf look like that and then the plant continued to sprout all miscolored and ugly..

meizzwang

Bottom line: that's your decision. I find it a bit bizarre and unfounded, but to each their own. No point in debating it further after so many have tried to give educated opinions on it already. I'll just toss out some final food for thought before moving on.

In general I find the whole virus hysteria thing to be baffling. Certain people really get bunched up about it as a serious threat and freak out any time a leaf deforms or variegation is seen. It's just never made sense to me. It isn't that these virii don't exist, don't get me wrong. I just think they are fairly rare in isolated cannabis gardens.

I've run a large number of genotypes through my garden over the years as a breeder, and I've never seen an obvious virus situation that subsequently caused problems by spreading to other plants or affecting output or quality in any way. In fact, some of the best plants I have today show this trait; two Wifi sisters who both show variegation in many of their fan leaves. It's actually quite beautiful, and with the obvious health and vigor I've seen... yeah. NOT a virus.

I've also made quite a few hybrids using a reversed 'The White' as a pollinator, and the trait carries over from daddy into my hybrids, so that's likely where the WiFi sisters got it from. One cross I made with Obama Kush is especially amazing and also shows the variegation trait in maybe 2/3 of the offspring.

Best of luck and happy trails.

Many of us are still looking for a definite answer, hopefully we get some test results instead of popular opinions.

Fuel

What you call "popular opinion" with a hint of sarcasm is a stock of experiences that start to disapear each day a little more and that is replaced with garbage marketing each day a little more too.

But that's ok, the "tangie seeds have ebola" title is blinking and it generate 7 pages because you're unable to recognize a variegation when you see one. Normal. Welcome in the future.

One very patient "peasant" pushed the passion to give you an accurate example to experiment yourself with a specific cut triggered by a specific need that all experimented "peasants" allready known since a while. More definitive, practical and "fast food" to digest than that, i don't known if it's possible.

Many of us are still looking for a definite answer, hopefully we get some test results instead of popular opinions.

Whats with all you inexperienced fly by nighters showing up and telling the long seasoned people like you know anything? You dont need a lab test plants simply have varietion. If you expected them to all look the same, huff more funes see where it gets you. Anyway this thread is like another thread ive posted at recently where another one of you obvious first time (or even zero experience) internet winners tells the rest of us how wrong we have been based on your one assumprion. Maybe you opperate both accounts the posting style is the same...

WelderDan

Veteran
I'm glad I chose to just be an observer instead of participating in this thread. I had my own ideas about what I was experiencing, and after following this thread for the duration, I have determined that my initial thoughts were correct.

All my plants grew out of it. Unfortunately, of the 8 plants, 6 were male except for the 2 feminized plants. Go figure. At least I was able to do some pollination.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran

The right thing would have been to get some test results before starting a thread based only on your opinion titled "VIRUS in Tangie seeds-beware!".

I've got no love for swerve but this is a tad bit chickenshit!

The right thing would have been to get some test results before starting a thread based only on your opinion titled "VIRUS in Tangie seeds-beware!".

Its nonsense. Its just another new grower trying to slough off "popular opinion" aka collective knowledge.

Tangie seeds been around forever. DNA produces both the crockett verion regs and their branded fems. The reality though is greenhouse produces almost all the seeds for all the banks in amsterdam. They have for years. Greenhouse seeds are fine regardless of the complaints and so are all the products they produce for others.

The story: new grower has no clue about any basic plant care and sees potential "problem", internet search reveals possibility of virus. Internet troll hits the forums announcing he certainly has a virus. Fuck anyone who disagrees. 1 trolls "knowledge" teaches all the rest of us lowly forum leaches.

God we should just shut up and appreciate all the great knowledge dropped in these troll threads...[EDIT: Virus not verified. In any case, variegation should be selected against in seed grown batches unless there is some known benefit.] Look at this nonsense edit in the OP... :thank you: anyway OP for the countless laughs. There is a known benefit to know tossing those you goofball its called waste. You are wasting fine plants and possibly tossing amazing genetics over a birth mark. Your loss Einstien

meizzwang

It would be nice to be able to change the title of this thread as my opinion has since changed, but I'm not able to. It's not my opinion that this is virus (read all the posts in this thread), I don't know either way.

I guess "the right thing to do" is in the eye of the beholder: maybe someone will be inspired by this chicken shit thread to actually do a test and post results.

smoke it!

No the FACT REMAINS that YOU SHOWED UP OUT of THE BLUE and LIBELED SOMEONE'S BRAND AND EXPECT YOU'RE GOING to CHARGE US with NOT HAVING DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

What SHOULD happen is you should be BANNED for not speaking RESPECTFULLY and thankfully for being SHOWN the ERROR of your IGNORANCE-ADDLED WAYS: and if the seed breeder had the resources SUING YOU would be the PERFECT option until you VOLUNTARILY RETRACT your FAKE BULLSH**.

It's not everyone else's JOBS to REFUTE your BASELESS CLAIMS, sociobilly it's our JOBS to PROTECT the BUSINESS WORLD from PEOPLE such as YOURSELF, DEVASTATING entire FIELDS with
FAKE
UTTERLY UNSUBSTANTIATED,
LIBELOUS CLAIMS.

You haven't shown a S.I.N.G.L.E. I.O.T.A. of EVIDENCE your LIBEL is TRUE.

That's YOU haven't, smear bunny. Your UNFOUNDED LIBEL is DISGUSTING and what's far MORE DISGUSTING is your DUG-IN SKILLED WILLFULNESS in not accepting responsibility for your

again: UTTERLY UNFOUNDED, MALICIOUS LIBEL.

The fact it's ILL WILL on YOUR PART is proven by the fact you're INVERTING the LAWS of PROOF once people have CALLED you on your

MALICIOUS LIBEL.

We don't know where the MALICE COMES FROM: but it's CLEAR it's THERE and THRIVING in the REFUSAL to ADMIT your

F.A.K.E. LIBELOUS CLAIM is
precisely THAT.

You need to APOLOGIZE to the SELLER and to THE OTHER MEMBERS and hope you aren't BANNED for what's very OBVIOUSLY some sort of personality disturbance: with all the flopping around, skillfully refusing to accept responsibility for what YOU'VE done to damage OTHERS it's plain this comes from some kind of yearning to get away with successful libel simply because you don't have the conscience to refrain from damaging others because - after all where you sit, there's no pain or harm so - f** them. And f*** anyone else who you decide to shamelessly and baselessly LIBEL.

THAT's what's going on with you.

Fact remains, nobody here has shown proof that this isn't virus in Tangie, there's just a lot of anecdotal here-say observations. Let's see some proof with pictures of the plants and test results.

Roses can live with rose mosaic virus and be symptomless when kept healthy, yet I don't want that in my garden. Given that experts can't with 100% certainty discern variegation from virus just by looking at the symptoms, that's reason enough for me to select against variegation when they show up in seedlings.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
It would be nice to be able to change the title of this thread as my opinion has since changed, but I'm not able to. It's not my opinion that this is virus (read all the posts in this thread), I don't know either way.

I guess "the right thing to do" is in the eye of the beholder: maybe someone will be inspired by this chicken shit thread to actually do a test and post results.

Just to be clear, it's the title of this thread that I think is chickenshit.

You've stated that you changed your opinion and wish you could change the title so you not only agree with me but understand why I feel this way.

Not a big deal......you fucked up. It happens.

When in doubt, the resposible thing to do is write the title in the form of a question.

I ain't trying to bust your balls homie but some of these cats have been at it for a long time and they know their shit. If you dont know who's who around here or who's opinion is worth a shit, just ask. I'll clue you in!

Last edited:

meizzwang

Just to be clear, it's the title of this thread that I think is chickenshit.

You've stated that you changed your opinion and wish you could change the title so you not only agree with me but understand why I feel this way.

Not a big deal......you fucked. It happens.

When in doubt, the resposible thing to do is write the title in the form of a question.

I ain't trying to bust your balls homie but some of these cats have been at it for a long time and they know their shit. If you dont know who's who around here or who's opinion is worth a shit, just ask. I'll clue you in!

well said, thank you!