What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Virginia breeders and growers

PDX Dopesmoker

When I was on my way out of the '90 RFK dead show, I swear I saw a group of hippies arguing over the last quaalude, I remember it somewhat vividly because I remember I was pretty sure it was a guerrilla theater act at the time.

Crazy Chester

When I was on my way out of the '90 RFK dead show, I swear I saw a group of hippies arguing over the last quaalude, I remember it somewhat vividly because I remember I was pretty sure it was a guerrilla theater act at the time.
I was there too - wet one, it was - great show!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I had to drive over the Blue Ridge and across Skyline Drive to go get my dog some medicine.
I took over the dog when a buddy died and it's Vet is halfway across creation..
I found this propaganda billboard in Page County Virginia.

picture.php

Going thru the mountains
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ElGato

Veteran
I had to drive over the Blue Ridge and across Skyline Drive to go get my dog some medicine.
I took over the dog when a buddy died and it's Vet is halfway across creation..

Yo brother, you were getting close to my neck of the woods when you crossed over the mountain there ....beautiful country

and dig the funny billboard

I drove up to Herndon today to pick up a Guitar and it so reminded me of why I moved out here years ago lol

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I was raised and grew up in Norfolk and Virginia Beach...

Threw my first seeds out around '72 or so, out in the Dismal Swamp...

I'd only been tokin for a few years then, and there was very little information to be found about it in those days....

My plants were very so-so... they only got about 3 feet tall because I didn't have a clue about growing then..

Over the years I got quite a bit better at it, but I haven't grown anything in VA, since about '77...

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
VA is a commonwealth state, I think KY and PA are too but I'm 100% sure you don't play around in a commonwealth state like Va. Especially these extreme rural area locations that the police do whatever they want. I don't see after all the yrs of legalization out West they still haven't figured it out. I know the last 5yrs in WV the CBD stores are popping up everywhere, as we've had a governor that's in favor. But it might be 20 more yrs before you see any type of legal rec growing allowed in these parts. I've always said I'd be happy with 4 rec plants.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Yo brother, you were getting close to my neck of the woods when you crossed over the mountain there ....beautiful country

and dig the funny billboard

I drove up to Herndon today to pick up a Guitar and it so reminded me of why I moved out here years ago lol

I have had to work up in Nova alot these past 10 years. I can't stand it. I'm not cut out to live in the city, I'm not even cut out to be there. The traffic is fucking bullshit. Fairfax, Sterling, Alexandria, etc have MASSIVE amounts of people now.
Manassas, Culpeper and Fredericksburg are now becoming like Fairfax was 20 years ago.

ElGato

Veteran
I have had to work up in Nova alot these past 10 years. I can't stand it. I'm not cut out to live in the city, I'm not even cut out to be there. The traffic is fucking bullshit. Fairfax, Sterling, Alexandria, etc have MASSIVE amounts of people now.
Manassas, Culpeper and Fredericksburg are now becoming like Fairfax was 20 years ago.

I used to live in Fairfax and Manassas ...I've been out here in the Shen-Valley since 95 and I tell ya bro, I dont miss that shit at all.

untill Covid, I would still go up to NOVA for shows/music, usually at the Birchmere or Jammin Java and only like 4-5 times a year >> I will still do that when things get better, but I will never ever live in a fucking Mess like Northern Virginia again ...or any metropolitan area for that matter. Money be damned.

Life out here is far far superior and people are more chill in general.
I have the Shenandoah 15 minutes to my east and the mountains/Nat'l forest 20 minutes to my west ...it's a beautiful area. And although it's growing fast, it's nothing like the NoVa

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You must mean NE VA - because NW VA isn't bad. At all. Some absolutely beautiful country out there.

dank.Frank

ElGato

Veteran
You must mean NE VA - because NW VA isn't bad. At all. Some absolutely beautiful country out there.

dank.Frank

indeed bro, the extreme NE (Metro DC)part of Virginia is commonly referred to as Northern Virginia/NoVa

the Northwestern most part of Virginia is not called Northern Virginia, even though it's more to the North than most of NoVa ...lol, go figure.

but yeah, Northwestern Va. - the Blue Ridge and Northern Shenandoah Valley, it's gorgeous

like this...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
indeed bro, the extreme NE (Metro DC)part of Virginia is commonly referred to as Northern Virginia/NoVa

the Northwestern most part of Virginia is not called Northern Virginia, even though it's more to the North than most of NoVa ...lol, go figure.

but yeah, Northwestern Va. - the Blue Ridge and Northern Shenandoah Valley, it's gorgeous

like this...

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/L4PHBZHZ/River-Drive.jpg]View Image[/url]

Exactly! Northern Virginia is more a term that refers to the city and their mindset, not really a
A geographic location

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Just so those of you who have never been to Virginia know....

No one from the state considers the Fairfax-Alexandria region to even be part of Virginia...It's just suburban D.C...

AND THEY CAN KEEP IT....

OldCharlie

Agreed, that Route 66 traffic in and out of the DC area is the absolute worst. Albemarle County in Central VA is good livin! And it's only 2 hours away.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was raised and grew up in Norfolk and Virginia Beach...

Threw my first seeds out around '72 or so, out in the Dismal Swamp...

I'd only been tokin for a few years then, and there was very little information to be found about it in those days....

My plants were very so-so... they only got about 3 feet tall because I didn't have a clue about growing then..

Over the years I got quite a bit better at it, but I haven't grown anything in VA, since about '77...

Damn BG, it's a wonder I didn't run into you. I lived in Norfolk from 70 - 80. Lived in the ODU area of Norfolk. You remember that Colombian red and gold that passed thru in the mid-70's?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bit.ly/legalizeitrightdiscussion - Thursday, January 14th, 6pm - VA panel discussion, including Berner, CEO of Cookies.

Could be interesting. You know the west has an eye on Virginia hard.

dank.Frank

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Agreed, that Route 66 traffic in and out of the DC area is the absolute worst. Albemarle County in Central VA is good livin! And it's only 2 hours away.

All of that nova traffic sucks. And it's spreading south and spreading west. 66, 7, 50, 28, 29, 95, 1. even 17 and 3 around Fredericksburg