What's new

Vipar 300w?

papaduc

Veteran
This'll add nothing to your 600w setup mate. All it'll do in your space is waste a bit of leccy and make the air hotter. 300w can only run cool to the touch if it's spread over a large area. It's still 300w of heat into your room/tent. A better investment of 400w would be another hps.

Bubba Kush 23

Mid week 2 Banana Kush (Duke Seeds)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 12

DrBagseed

This'll add nothing to your 600w setup mate. All it'll do in your space is waste a bit of leccy and make the air hotter. 300w can only run cool to the touch if it's spread over a large area. It's still 300w of heat into your room/tent. A better investment of 400w would be another hps.

The shop was out of 600w so they gave me a 400w for a little discount instead, will it still make no real differnce? I already bought the lamp so I'm hoping it will do some good. Alternatively I will use it for vegging and invest in another 400w hps.

I didnt think leds were that useless

DrBagseed

Don't waste your money. Lush Lighting all the way when it comes to LED's. 90 day money back guarantee and 3 year warranty with 10 year lifespan. Hit me up for a discount code that will get you 25% off retail price via the Lushledlighting.com

Hey, thats for the offer but I already bought a light of ebay.
Have a great day.

DrBagseed

Its 120x120x200cm, I think that is 4x4 but I use cm so I dont know. Its kinda small to be honest, I want to turn a whole room into a grow room now lol, but don't really have any suitable ones because of windows and neighbors. :p

papaduc

Veteran
In your space with the number of plants, it'll be of no use. I wouldn't put it in there for show either unless you're controlling the environment easily with the lights on. If you want to upgrade you need another tent really.

The main things you need to spend on right now are PH pen & Heater. They'll boost your yields/results well more than another 300w of light.

DrBagseed

In your space with the number of plants, it'll be of no use. I wouldn't put it in there for show either unless you're controlling the environment easily with the lights on. If you want to upgrade you need another tent really.

The main things you need to spend on right now are PH pen & Heater. They'll boost your yields/results well more than another 300w of light.

I have bought a pH pen but the seller admit to not have sent it a few days ago when I inquired him about it because it was past estimated delivery.. very unfortunate situation for me. I also have a heater so thats no problem.

Its very sad to hear that about the led, but atleast it was a cheap one.. Hopefully it will be of use for something, I will try it in the tent anyways to see what it can do.

I wish I could have a bigger tent but the roof on the house makes the rooms kinda small in the 2nd floor, I dont want to grow in the 1st floor incase the smell was to spread to the basement or outside for some reason..

DrBagseed

IMO, these are better choices

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Gro...8710284?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item2c7606ae0c

although I would go with the 200w instead

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Gro...7870724?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item2c75f9de84
1. They can go on either side of your hps
2. They are much better lights

I have already bought the 300w now so there is no turning back.
They do at least look better, seems interesting. Maybe I should buy a 75w one to see how they do, they were pretty cheap and im sure the money spent would be returned in at least the moneys worth in weed lol.

papaduc

Veteran
In a 1.2m tent with a properly trained canopy or vertical wall grow, there should be nowhere to put a LED panel which doesn't obstruct the 600w light. It's really as simple as that.

Have a look at the dr or ds60. turned on it's side it's a fantastic propagation tent and half the price and twice the size of dedicated prop tents.

See if your panel would fit in that and use it next to your main tent to start seeds and clones and do some vegging.

Run some basic ducting from the outtake of the dr/ds60 to one of the intakes of your main tent, and the fan and filter of your main tent will take care of both. So, no need to buy any more equipment and the LED will give you a little bump in night temps in the deal ;)

DrBagseed

In a 1.2m tent with a properly trained canopy or vertical wall grow, there should be nowhere to put a LED panel which doesn't obstruct the 600w light. It's really as simple as that.

Have a look at the dr or ds60. turned on it's side it's a fantastic propagation tent and half the price and twice the size of dedicated prop tents.

See if your panel would fit in that and use it next to your main tent to start seeds and clones and do some vegging.

Run some basic ducting from the outtake of the dr/ds60 to one of the intakes of your main tent, and the fan and filter of your main tent will take care of both. So, no need to buy any more equipment and the LED will give you a little bump in night temps in the deal ;)

Papaduc, I have a 400w hps, I was getting a 600w but they were out of stock so I got that instead. Wouldn't it be okay then most likely taken W into consideration? The tent should be able to handle it after what I've seen others use, 600+ hps

Thats a good idea about the 60 tent to avoid spending more money on fans and electricity! ima check out prices on tents of that size, might go with an unbranded one though.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ordered 2 @ 75 before seeing the low actual watts= ~ 40w. Still, they will work

The 100 looks much better for few $$$ more

I have already bought the 300w now so there is no turning back.
They do at least look better, seems interesting. Maybe I should buy a 75w one to see how they do, they were pretty cheap and im sure the money spent would be returned in at least the moneys worth in weed lol.

papaduc

Veteran
Papaduc, I have a 400w hps, I was getting a 600w but they were out of stock so I got that instead.

Ahh, ok. In that case your best investment would be another 400 watt hps Imo. Let them give preimum light to half a tent each.

It really depends how big you veg them. Could and probably will be that the 400w you've got is enough. If they don't justify it don't waste the leccy.

t-bag

but with this lamp cob 75w (maybe 2x75w) is possible to replace a cfl 125w 6500 ° K for vegetative growth of 2/4 autoflowering?!

I ordered 2 @ 75 before seeing the low actual watts= ~ 40w. Still, they will work

The 100 looks much better for few $$$ more

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thankfully, BML Horticulture contacted me at this time, saving me from myself

but with this lamp cob 75w (maybe 2x75w) is possible to replace a cfl 125w 6500 ° K for vegetative growth of 2/4 autoflowering?!