What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
License

License

Hey Red, beautiful girls! When do you get your finca license?

Thanks man, that is a good question. We already have several licences to work with cannabis but the big one to cultivate and process THC is pending an inspection of our facility from ICA. Now I was told by my business partner that the inspection would be this month but no date yet. I hope to be fully licensed this spring but not counting on it.
So I'm making hash.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sunny days

Sunny days

Bogota has been blessed with a high pressure weather system that has provided us over a week of bright clear days and high temps (during the day). So this is a Mangobiche#4 X Bangi Haze that is taking her sweet time. I just started germinating the seeds I made with this plant. I pollinated with SMG 07 pollen as well as some other NLD plants.

attachment.php

I don't mind the long growth cycle (I don't use lights at all) but I personally would like a stronger hit. The SMG male I used, I smoked tested it among others after collecting pollen and he has a nice effect that I liked more than the others.

attachment.php

I'm hoping the SMG will add some potency but not sure. My company bought a house and property right next to the finca where I plan to live and grow a few personal plants. I expect that we will be licensed this month or the latest next month.

attachment.php

So I'm enjoying the sun cause will be raining in Bogota soon.

red rider

Attachments

• IMG_20200207_101713.jpg
    IMG_20200207_101713.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200207_101729.jpg
    IMG_20200207_101729.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200207_101736.jpg
    IMG_20200207_101736.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 35

clearheaded

always remember high levels of CBD is like taking grapefruit juice and lowers the cytochrome (cy4??) enzyme increase plasma levels of drugs like opiates valium and many others those just being more dangerous. so just be careful if taking other medication for anxiety or blood pressure or pain.

Also get some major fans with filters to keep positive pressure in your greenhouse, naturally keeping bugs out making it harder for them to fly in! aswell as any dust mold salt mist pollen filtered out, just opposite of indoor grows where suck air out and filter ie neg pressure. blows you off aswell when you enter ;) small AC inline would help knock down humidity aswell. could set up a swamp cooler on air exit and just have it cool hydro lines or water that pump back to air intake.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
always remember high levels of CBD is like taking grapefruit juice and lowers the cytochrome (cy4??) enzyme increase plasma levels of drugs like opiates valium and many others those just being more dangerous. so just be careful if taking other medication for anxiety or blood pressure or pain.

Appreciate that info.

Also get some major fans with filters to keep positive pressure in your greenhouse, naturally keeping bugs out making it harder for them to fly in! aswell as any dust mold salt mist pollen filtered out, just opposite of indoor grows where suck air out and filter ie neg pressure. blows you off aswell when you enter ;) small AC inline would help knock down humidity aswell. could set up a swamp cooler on air exit and just have it cool hydro lines or water that pump back to air intake.

The green house is built to government specifications and must be so to pass inspection for licensing. I will modify after the inspection. The location of the green house is in between two high peaks and has a constant air flow (breeze) that rises up from the valley below in the day as temps rise and at night flows down as temps cool. I will not be using air conditioning at any point there.
Very good advice none the less, thanks for the input.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
MH4 A

MH4 A

Well turns out after seeing the new doctor with all my testes results that doesn't look like there is any sign of bladder cancer. I was happy to hear that until he said I needed yet another cyscostomy just to make sure. And the CT scan showed a slightly enlarged prostrate and two hernias without complications, which explains the constant pain. So anyway I go see another doctor for the hernia surgery (which he said was very minor surgery). I will get all this done in the next few months.

Still waiting on the licenses but bought a house close to the finca and getting ready for me to stay at once we are operational. Lots of work has been done on the finca and we are ready for the inspection.

This is the Mangobiche#4 X Bangi Haze A clone.

attachment.php

red rider

Attachments

• MH4 A.jpg
    MH4 A.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 26

KITCHA

Veteran
Such good news Red, anything bladder related it painful or down rite uncomfortable i.e Catheda's. Have you been getting chemo etc or a Canna based treatment sorry to ask if its already been covered mate and congrats, Finca health and dream falling into place! Peace form Australia Kitcha

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update

Update

Thought I'd put an update, 58 days ago my company was awarded the licence to run trail for ICA to register some of our "non psychoactive" varieties. I wasn't at the finca when we passed inspection that day but the same day the Colombian government did a "practice" quarantine that still hasn't ended. Anyway I got trapped in my house in Bogota for the duration. At my finca we now have a prefab office with m/f bathrooms and a laboratory (awaiting the purchase of hplc). And my house (an old farmhouse) is being restored although kept basic at my request. Anyway I've got to grow 5 CBD varieties (100+ each) that will be evaluated by ICA and then destroyed. I don't see any problem at all doing the evaluation but all the regulations are slow and costly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is going to be my house at the finca a few months ago, hopefully there's at least been a little painting done by now. At this point I'll paint the house myself but I am ready to get out of Bogota.

attachment.php

attachment.php

While waiting I flowered some more Malawi and a shitty Afghan kush I trashed but I really want to flower some of the SMG and other Colombians at the finca. What's a few more months.
I did have a very pleasant surprise last Friday when I female grower friend of mine made a visit. I hadn't seen her for over a year and damn she lost weight and was looking fine (of course she was the first person to set foot in my house for 2 months). But she had flowered some GSC from clone and traded some of my CBD flowers. This woman doesn't smoke but she grows her legal 19 plants and makes creams and tinctures. Her grow partner is a young guy that won some of the early cups in Bogota. So she left me about 200gm of the GSC I've never tried. I've got to say although most of what I got is larf it is off the chain good. The taste, the hit all top notch. I've smoked her weed before and was so so but this time really good even compared to the Malawi which I'm convinced is the strongest best effect sativa yet. Unlike the Malawi that satisfies, the GSC are addictive and then overindulgence occurs. Anyway in spite of having the perfect opportunity my beautiful grower friend left unmolested.
I am hoping to move this week and start at the finca but not holding my breath.

red rider

Attachments

• IMG-20200302-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20200302-WA0025.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-20200304-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200304-WA0004.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-20200310-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200310-WA0004.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-20200310-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20200310-WA0012.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 30
Hey Red,

Glad to hear that everything is still moving forwards, even if you are sort of stuck...

Interesting that you are smoking some GSC down there. I’m smoking some Colombian Gold (from a Dispo) up here lol.

Thanks for the update!

Nexus7

@redrider

How exactly did you smoke test your male? I have 3 males of JGL/Crippled Crow's '72 Gold I wouldn't mind testing. There's no visible trichomes really ... well maybe some small fine ones on the pollen sacs but they could be something else.

In the past I would just collect the male pollen sacs before they open up, dry them out and smoke them first smoke of the day. I would get a nice mild buzz.

Any more to it than that?

bigAl25

Veteran
Damn Red rider your medical journey with bladder cancer resonates with my journey here in the states(Midwest). Did they do a CT with contrast? Mine was 2 weeks ago and it showed no remaining bladder cancer but a hernia at the top of the incision made to remove my bladder. I now have no bladder but a stoma and bag to collect my urine. We are adapting to this and I've played golf twice with the bag in a belt to hold it steady. You mentioned an enlarged prostrate, my physician removed my prostate , bladder and lymph node during my operation. Three operations and a summer of chemotherapy and now I am clean of cancer. I wish you the best in your fight and I am full of advice on my Physician's approach if you are interested. By the way I just finished my small covid influenced grow. Plant's are drying and I'm in heaven trying the different strains.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Male selection

Male selection

@redrider

How exactly did you smoke test your male? I have 3 males of JGL/Crippled Crow's '72 Gold I wouldn't mind testing. There's no visible trichomes really ... well maybe some small fine ones on the pollen sacs but they could be something else.

Well I flower the males separately as soon as the identify themselves. I let them flower and collect label and store the pollen then dry them out and smoke them. It's not the best way to select but it's what I do.

In the past I would just collect the male pollen sacs before they open up, dry them out and smoke them first smoke of the day. I would get a nice mild buzz.

Any more to it than that?

No, just try that.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Red rider your medical journey with bladder cancer resonates with my journey here in the states(Midwest). Did they do a CT with contrast? Mine was 2 weeks ago and it showed no remaining bladder cancer but a hernia at the top of the incision made to remove my bladder. I now have no bladder but a stoma and bag to collect my urine. We are adapting to this and I've played golf twice with the bag in a belt to hold it steady. You mentioned an enlarged prostrate, my physician removed my prostate , bladder and lymph node during my operation. Three operations and a summer of chemotherapy and now I am clean of cancer. I wish you the best in your fight and I am full of advice on my Physician's approach if you are interested. By the way I just finished my small covid influenced grow. Plant's are drying and I'm in heaven trying the different strains.

Dude wow congratulations on being clean of cancer now and forever! Yeah I had that damn CT scan with the contrast, no sign of cancer but two minor hernia. I still have to go back but not in a hurry. Glad to hear you had a nice harvest and many more to come, thanks for posts.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gold

Gold

Hey Red,

Glad to hear that everything is still moving forwards, even if you are sort of stuck...

Interesting that you are smoking some GSC down there. I’m smoking some Colombian Gold (from a Dispo) up here lol.

Thanks for the update!

Yeah I was impressed with the GSC, i'm sure there's much better representations but this is nice especially coming from Carolina the grower. I've known her for a long time but now she has been contacting me more often. Now she wants to give me a clone of the GSC but although I like the plant, they had spider mite and I know how that goes, I declined the clone.
I like fancy hybrids and there are times when I process them better. But what I seek out is certain very potent tropical varieties that don't do well anywhere but here. The outdoor sun grown GSC has a world class effect that is remarkable to say the least and the taste. The taste is where I have a problem with it really, it's so good, so loud, it's addictive. Same with the effect, addictive or better put not satisfying. When I hit the Malawi (which is equally as potent) or the mangobiche/haze, I'm good for a good part of the day. Even though the GSC is potent it just makes me want more not really scratching the itch.
I have recently acquired maybe twenty or so different seed varieties from Santa Marta and the Caribbean coast to look through. I just can't grow them in the city, so waiting to get to the farm. We have a licence to produce, sell and export seeds, so they tell me.

red rider

^yeah, I love the taste of Cookies! The high is ok too lol.

The Colombian Gold I got has a nice skunky, slightly sweet flavor and kind of relaxing Sativa leaning high. I like it a lot for the mornings and daytime. Although, I have noticed that if I overdo it a bit then it can put me to sleep...

Anyways, that cool that you’re going to be allowed to Export your products. I’m not sure if any Countries or States are “allowing“ Cannabis Product imports yet?

It sure would be nice to get the Colombian Gold straight from the source!

I’m hopeful that international Cannabis commerce will be coming soon...

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I get a little frustrated with the situation because I really don't understand all the laws and regulations we have to comply with. A lot of it makes no sense and I can see problems or possible problems in the near future. I can't even guess how we are going to market much less what or where. I would think being able to "export' would mean selling outside of Colombia. I try to get explanations but I get bored with the attempt before getting even a clue. What I do know is we have all the legal requirement to begin trails to register 6 non psychoactive varies at the inspected grow location. Now why I'm not there doing that at this moment is a slight mystery. But on the other hand it might be better I don't know too much and start stressing everyone. So I am still going with my original plan of growing the best Colombian in Colombia or try to.

red rider

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I get a little frustrated with the situation because I really don't understand all the laws and regulations we have to comply with. A lot of it makes no sense and I can see problems or possible problems in the near future. I can't even guess how we are going to market much less what or where. I would think being able to "export' would mean selling outside of Colombia. I try to get explanations but I get bored with the attempt before getting even a clue. What I do know is we have all the legal requirement to begin trails to register 6 non psychoactive varies at the inspected grow location. Now why I'm not there doing that at this moment is a slight mystery. But on the other hand it might be better I don't know too much and start stressing everyone. So I am still going with my original plan of growing the best Colombian in Colombia or try to.

red rider
I suspect they keep it confusing on purpose. This keeps out the small growers. You probably need a lawyer to lay out a trail for you. And it better be a very good and expensive lawyer.

Latest posts

Latest posts