What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

Chi13

ICMag Donor
1978 version. This was published in Australia by Wild & Wooly, so may be different to US copies?
Click image for larger version  Name:	Grow guide.jpg Views:	9 Size:	96.4 KB ID:	17982603

Last edited:

funkyhorse

Can you plant those seeds?

In South America people used to grow seed from bricks back then and this is continuing even today. The difference between back then and today was that back then you were getting all same looking plants while today the seed you find is a lottery, they are all different and everything is hybridized and low quality
The % of seed sprouting from relatively fresh brick is about 5% and it might get to 10% if you are lucky. Seeds were not only pressed but also went under fermentation process back then.
Today brick dont ferment anymore because the strains grown today are not the same, today brick just gets rotten and dealers of today's brick need to slice the outer layer of the brick before processing it. The out layer is coming always rotten but the inside is not that bad and can still be smokable if you have nothing else to toke on and this is the quality going in South America today which is really sad

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
It was Oaxacan, what we used to call "Woa bud." Really skinny, airy buds, as you can see, and no visible frost. Harvested very prematurely, most of the seed was not ripe. There was a shit load of seed. Many stems also. Less than half the weight was actually smokable. It was happy weed, but not very potent, probably because it was so immature at harvest. When we'd run out of weed, we'd break out the rolling tray (or the album cover) and separate all the seeds that still had husks on them, then separate the dried calyxes from the seed. That's where the resin was. There'd be enough calyxes for a joint or a couple bong hits. That shit was fire. Way more potent than the rest of it. Tells me it could've been really good weed if grown and cured properly.

I remember having a 35 mm film canister full of Oaxacan seed. I think I threw them away but I'm not certain. I should go rummage through my old camera gear bag, just for kicks. It's been in a locked file cabinet in the basement for 10 years, and I've lost the key.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, awesome story! Sounds like the Red Snake I just cut down. Break out the crowbar and see what's in that file cab with that old Pentax or whatever you were shooting. ;)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
picture.php

CRESCENT MARQUE Cannabis Cigarettes:
The above photograph was obtained from a United Nations Publication [Bulletin on Narcotics" Vol. 3, No. 1, Jan. 1951 pp9]: The caption reads: "Marihuana (Indian Hemp) cigarettes seized in the illicit market.

I actually have a box of these crescent marque tubes.