Veteran
Not sure if it was posted already but anyway:

On the trail to Oakland: The Search for Haze

Homegrown2106.jpg

Homegrown3107.jpg

Homegrown4108.jpg

Homegrown5109.jpg

:tiphat:

On the trail to Oakland: The Search for Haze What is the number of the issue of HT magazine and the year of the publication of this issue?

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
On the trail to Oakland: The Search for Haze What is the number of the issue of HT magazine and the year of the publication of this issue?

Actually the title was "Greetings from California: In search of Haze", apologies for the mistake.:tiphat:

Anyway it wasn't High times... it was Homegrown International:

Homegrown104.jpg

:biggrin:

J-Icky

Actually the title was "Greetings from California: In search of Haze", apologies for the mistake.:tiphat:

Anyway it wasn't High times... it was Homegrown International:

View Image
:biggrin:

I would love to be able to find a collection of those old "counter culture" magazines. That issue in the pic looks like it would be an awesome read with the haze story and the mushrooms.

Thanks for the pics and articles!

window

Veteran
I have that magazine Madjag, its #8, published in 1980 in the U.K.
There were only ten issues that ran from 77 to 81 they were billed as Europe's first dope magazine, published by Lee Harris who also runs London's oldest head shop.
I collect them myself, got 8 out of 10, you can find them occasionally on certain internet auction site but its easier to track down the book 'The best of Homegrown'
Which came out years later and includes the ' greetings from California' article and many more.

rcrumb

This is the best thread I've come across for a long time! :biggrin:

A big :tiphat: to everyone who has posted!

One of my uncles regularly travelled around the world from the early 1960s to mid 1980s. Getting immersed in other cultures & getting high with them was his favourite hobby. Photography was his 2nd.

He told me many great stories, and had numerous thick photo albums which were proof of his escapades & the joys he had in days long gone.

The albums are a treasure trove of drug & travel photography since he often went back to his favourite places over the decades and had good friends everywhere.

There are some classic photos of him with pygmies in the Amazonian jungles, making hash in the Bekaa Valley, playing buzkashi with Afghan rebels, in mushroom ceremonies with Maria Sabina in Mexico & so so much more.

As a result of being inspired by his stories and photos I obsessively built up a collection of the best drug related magazines & books I could get my hands on in the early 1990s.

I will scan and post some stuff which isn't already in this great thread.

:laughing:

--
Stay high, stay low, stay free.

rcrumb

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]High Times - March 1978 - Fun by the Ton

High Times - January 1977 - LSD Special
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
High Times - December 1981 - Nat E Dread
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
High Times - December 1977
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

rcrumb

I absolutely loved the advertisments from the 1970s & 80s - I'll be uploading plenty of these later. Here's one for now:

This song is from the LCC UK's magazine

"Do you have a marihuana cigarette..." - from Call Me Adam by Tuli Kupferberg (via Warton)

bradipo

Hi Rcrumb,
thanks for those great covers!
Please, can you also post, from the HT march 1978 issue, the "Getting high with the pygmies" article?!?
I'm very interested by this subject... ^^
Regards.
B.

Latest posts

Latest posts