What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage (Aged) Herb

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I make a trophy jar for 420 every year that consists of all the finest herbs and hashes i got that year. none have ever made it more than a year.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
First bud homegrown that I helped grow ever, the small little top bud that we got off of it we dried and put in a film canister. 3 years later we moved out and when we moved into our new place we found the film canister. HOLY SHIT! It was exactly 2 bong hits and it was very very awesome! We were stoned most of the day moving stuff. It was great. I wish I had a pic of the bud. The hairs were red and the bud was dark, almost black. It wasn't that crystally but it sure was a hard hitter. Wish I remember what it tasted like. Shit that's like 7 years and shit. :joint:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One year cured outdoor ACE Panama :yummy:

014.jpg

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rosy :wave:
thx for the info ;)

2 years cured charlie garcia´s Nepalese selection...thx master! :respect:

006-4.jpg

M

mosca negra

Hola Raco! Damn, you got me jones-ing for some delicious aged nugs... Gonna have to break out some Motavation or some Strawberry D!!! Your FINE ACE nugs look good enough to eat!! lol How do they taste?

Dubi is a fine breeder and a stand up guy!

Salute!

Mosca

Yeti

This motivates me to start a curing jar to save perhaps a few buds from each plant until its full and hide it from myself for perhaps "ever". A curious adventure to say the least; a test of my will you could say.

I already do this, saving my favorite tops for special occasions with people or events, however I don't think I've ever made it over a year. I can't seem to resist.

Raco, you inspire me with those sativa buds. I don't know how you could withhold yourself. For me it starts with rolling a joint or two out of the leaf and continuing on with the lower calyxes (Not to tempt you). You obviously are some sort of jedi or something.

Great thread. Keep posting pics, it's great to see. Maybe in a year or two, if I can help myself, I'll get something up here.

Yeti

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Oct 10 this year will hit the three year mark of a couple strains I found. Not much, but I found it is extra stoney. I only vaped it so far though, so can't give a smoking taste. Maybe I'm try and pics to come...cool thread.

ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx for the kind words ;)
6 months cured indoor Chunkbeki F1
when the afghan meets her long lost cousins, the uzbeki´s...:abduct:

003-31-1.jpg

eddie.saw

My ex boss grows like 8 different strains he got in A-dam in the early 90's

my favorate of the two were magic bud and nebula...

dude was strickly outdoors pulling in around 30 elbows a year..

in 2008 he comes back from his burial spot in the sticks. pulls into the drive way and steps out with a half gallon mason jar that said nebula '02 mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm

taste was nuts. absolutly went from 7 at the two months or so stage but six years.. mmm smoothest smoke ever..

i remember the bud almost looked brown in some places from the amber trichs in such denisty.

miss working for oz paychecks. lol

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I rarely smoke anything cured less than 6 months, except for testing new gals, and my stash runs up to four years old. Most herb really looses potency after two years it seems to me, but all strains handle it differently. I agree that sour diesel is greatly improved with more than a year cure, lovely stuff. My policy now is to seal and freeze stash at 18 months, so when I am too feeble to grow, I will still have world quality smoke till I die.
H

Jalisco Kid

I too have about 6 flavors over a year old. Most of my friends who smell them in the jar do not care for the smell. But let it set out for a few hours the smell is killer. I do it for the smoothness, that and I love the golden look. Reefs red congolese taste the best with a year cure. StrawberryD is nice as is bubba with a 1 year cure.
I had some genius that I feel got 3x stronger with a 9 month cure as it took 3x less to smoke for that satisfaction. JK

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
I had a nugget or two in a small jar, stashed away for a rainy day, can't remember when I stashed it, but guess it would have been 5+ years old. Was great, little dry, but packed a punch. unknown strains.

hyposomniac

In my somewhat limited experience... buds have the best flavor during the 3-6 weeks in the jar after drying. After that the most potent flavors seem to dissipate leaving the more subtle to be noticed..

One of the plants I grew tasted like the first few bites of lemon skittles... the last couple jars to be smoked (almost3months cure), were noticeably different, but not an improvement; still nice but no more skittles. This is a trend I've noticed with most bud I've had.

Same grow - longer cured SSH lost its anise flavor, woody flavor became more apparent (Oh and how could I forget the catpiss! It became noticeable). Again, not an improvement.

nortad

i've got some neville's haze from late 2006. it has lost most of the wood/pine/skunk, but kept the lemon flavor, and the buzz has mellowed out some, though it's still quite clear and uplifting. i actually enjoy it more now than i did right after it was grown.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
As promised...3+ years as of this past October 10th.
DSC09273.jpg

trainwreck x kush...
DSC09274-1.jpg

The other buds in the middle are what I call Green Daddy Purple...
DSC09275.jpg

DSC09430.jpg

Group shots..
DSC09432.jpg

I put .5 grams into my volcano and got three vetran smokers including myself irrefutably medicated. By that I mean it was definitely stronger than before. My friends' brother was amazed because he swore that aged weed looses it's potency. Check and mate my friend...

ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
I make a trophy jar for 420 every year that consists of all the finest herbs and hashes i got that year. none have ever made it more than a year.

He he he... My buddy used to do that too. We called it The Archives. Thanks for bringing that up, haven't thought about Tiny in a long time. RIP big man...

P

PkRipper

we help this old guy out every year by trimmin his plants for him "he is over 70 years old "....

as we trim he lets us smoke what he has in his freezer.....like romulan from 04' , bluemoonshine from 01-4'....

my fav is the one year old purple kush ....frozen in vac bags.....
also when dealin with aged weed i tend to dig out the middle of the sack and then dig out the middle of the nug to find tha sticky gooey middle .......
we have germed beans that sat inside buds in the deepfreeze for years...

Crom

Aged herb is definitely awesome to smoke. I have some Jack Herer that is over a year old now, it has a nice golden/yellow dark green colour now and the high is very INTENSE (as if Jack Herer isnt to begin with). Its like Jack Herer ++++++ ... last time I had some it felt like I was being pulled through a tiny hole at insane speeds like I was racing through time.

I also notice you can smoke a lot less and still get a decent high with aged weed. Some strains like OG Kush change in high I've noticed. It almost feels like its a bit clearer in a way and the taste is also very different. The odd thing is that the smoke was smoother before it was aged?

One thing I can say about aged weed is that it becomes more potent, some strains more or less.....BUT it nice to smoke a weak-mild strain that youve aged 8 - 12 months and then all of a sudden it kind of kicks you in the face lol.

luciano28

Its hard for me to cure my buds that long, unless Im not very fond of the strain. If its a fave of mine, it wont last, I'll go hunt out that nug I try to hide even though I have other weed to smoke. But one of my best friends, gets a bit of every one of my harvests, usually an eight or a quarter I give him and he barely smokes because he has a job that requires UAs and clearances. He didnt smoke at all for like 8 years until he got promoted high enough to where he feels comfortable to smoke again but like I said very sparingly. Anyway, this is my go to guy when Im missing a certain strain I had, lol. In 2008 I grew a Bubblicous from Nirvana I cry I didnt clone. It was everyones fave weed and had a purplish/pink hue. Well early this year when we were hanging out, I smoked the very last joint of the herb. He isnt very good at storing his herb, he uses a cigar box but he keeps all the strains rolled up in sandwich baggies. So this stuff was basically drier than hell and crumbled to the most pretty pink powder. It also had such great flavor. I never got that actual bubblegum taste with that weed until that joint, the bubblegum flavor was there. But there is no way I could of cured a bud for 18 months like him. He has the last bit of my MOD Godberry from last year, Im gonna have to bug him to smoke some with me, lol. This dude is so good at hoarding herb. He has like a 6 year old piece of hash.

Latest posts

Latest posts