What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vietnamese Weed

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
hey fellow ic'ers. i was wondering if anyone knew where to get weed in vietnam. the last time i went there was over 3 years ago and i am planning on going back within the next couple of years to visit family. my family lives near saigon (ho chi minh city) about an hour or so away, maybe even less. when i go there, i also plan on collecting some landrace strains to bring back and work on some genetics. so far, the only one on my list to get is vietnamese black.any info or suggestions would be great.

ps. if anyone knows where to get any pure vietnamese landrace beans in the states, please let me know.

:joint: :joint: :joint:

G

Dalat is isolated in the northern mountains, would probably need a helicopter like Di Wee Dalat used to get there.

The northern areas that are more mountainous and rural are the best bet, but to be honest, it all depends on who you can meet, just grabbing commercial bagseed is a good bet, but the best stuff will be in the hands of smal lfarmers who have kept lines in the family for a long time, find some farmers who are willing to part with seeds and you could find some real gems.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
i've been to da lat before, twice actually. it is very nice there because it isn't as hot as everywhere else and mostly cool all year round. funny thing is that when i was there in june, people there were all bundled up in winter gear when it was 60F. finding it from farmers would be pretty difficult since i would have to do a lot of guesswork, but looking for commercials wouldn't be bad. thanks for all the help guys.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Thanks for the info lc00p4! I'll be visiting Vietnam soon. I'll be sure to report back on my findings. ;)

hle144

Dude, you and I are both Vietnam kieu, they don't take kindly to pot smoking there, brother...
I don't even think about smoking when I'm there... Would not be cool for your family there if you were to get in some trouble...

Cannabis is not too big in the culture, if your looking for landraces, Thailand or Cambodia might be more worth the effort...