What's new

Vietnam Black X Meao Thai!!

G

guest121295

I think the only thing I could say is that the VB that Ace has is very distinct and seems to dominate all the crosses I've run.The smoke can be from speedy to busy.It has its own dirty flavor.Believe me if you're a weed geek you'll like it, its far away from the general genepool that makes up most of the weed we smoke here in the US.You don't just find a bag that smells like VB, you can find one that smells like skunk though!!:)

waveguide

Veteran
cheers chaco, you and mayan have made some business for ace.

no clue where i got my ideas about VB.. my faves are the strains people usually caution "watch out, it'll make you paranoid" - "aah, yes.." :)

G

guest121295

Well, they deserve it and I honestly don't think anybody will have , in the end, any regrets about spending their time growing these.I think this one has maxxed out in size and is starting to ripen, slowly.Leaves are just starting to drop...:)Day 54 today.

peterpan

Veteran
If I saw that pic without seeing who posted it I would know right away its Chaco. Your plants love you. PP

G

guest121295

Well I have to say that this heat wave was something I was unprepared for.I have my jumbo wall unit blocked off so without some serious reconstruction, I could not turn on the a/c.We've never had hot weather in March, let alone for a whole week....so the point is that on the lamp side of this plant, from a room that was too hot for 2-3 days this morning there were male flowers sticking out by the bunch, nothing near to pollen so I cut the thing right down and hung it upside down in a cool spot...Damn this weather! needless to say, I have my a/c going now and the temps is back to 73 degrees from 87...This is an environmental stress herm show, its only on the lamp side of the plant and its been25 deg C everyday for 5 days when it should be 5 C at best, damn I live 1 mile from two bodies of 42 deg F water and its still hot!....Sorry for the essay, I'm kinda pissed that such a great plant went down because it looks strange running a hug a/c in March....:tumbleweed:

Last edited:

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Bummer. I hear ya man, definitely an unexpected bit of weather lately. It's SoCal in New England suddenly. T-shirt and shorts all week long and it's fucking March! Silly. I didn't want to toss in an AC yet so I switched the veg back to T5s to keep temps in the low 70s. I hate to complain, cuz who doesn't like sunny and 70?, but it sure ain't grower friendly!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear that. Can't believe that when I finally get my 2nd 600w running, we get this weather!
:frown:
Left the 2nd one off today after coming home to 90 degree temps the last two days.
Haven't noticed any damage yet, but I can't get the A/C in soon enough.

My heart goes out to you buddy, she was stupendous. Lucky you're hoarding pks.

:tiphat:

P

Peat

Spring has sprung. :toohot:

been runnin my a/c for a couple of wks

:listen2: If I worried about what looked strange, Id never leave the house. ;)

I had to unplug a light too...
tweeked the intake vents a bit & now can run both bulbs again

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Impressive individual CHACO!! :smoke: It's admirable how you take care of your sativas and how they like to fatten up! ;)

Original Vietnam Black line had hermie tendencies but we tried to avoid the hermie traits in the VB mum selection. I think you are growing the old Vietnam Black Thai F1 hybrid released around 2008-2009. Being closer to the VB genes it may show a few 'bananas' indoors that are usually infertile, anyway carefully remove them and try to not abuse much of flowering stimulators (may contain hormones that affect her flowering). This is more an 'indoor issue' because we have never experienced this problem in our outdoor tests of the hybrid.

sso

Veteran
so far ive grown my sativa with lots and lots of topping, plus i bent the stalks over somewhat into flowering. (not heavily , they were upright again within a week with a knot in the stem)

its about 1.5 foot tall with about 13 tops (plus some smaller one´s)

i stopped topping a good while before flowering (flowered at the 1.5 month mark, a little after getting alternating branches, was about 0.5 foot tall then, pretty massive bush)

nothing bushlike about it now, basically its 13 stalks with a bit of leafy buds at the end, dunno how long in flowering now, 1.5 months or 2.

but i fear the stories about sativas being so difficult indoors being somewhat of an exaggeration.

however bud production is rather small , especially considering the time involved, fantastic smelling plants though. i hope the smoke equals it :)

one gets pretty tired of constant indica diet (for 2 decades lol)

sso

Veteran
oh,

the nr1 reason for hermying in sativas.

ive always heard ,from growers that grow sativas, you need to grow the plant to maturity, before flowering, get alternating branches. (it has to do with the environment they come from, no winters, just rain season and not rainseason, very slight variations in day and night (12/12 or 13/11 day period.)

its what ive done, havent seen a bit of hermy (and it came from bagseed ;))

i have heard this from 3 sources (straight from the cow, long long time growers (and 1 grower of mostly sativas in that time (the others extensive experience in sativas, just not matching the other one)

and from 1-2 other sources ive just read, not talked with.

sso

Veteran
hehe, ive been tasting the sativa..

quickdried on a radiator at a fairly high setting (takes about 3 hours)

and its still something id prefer over my usual smoke (rather good hybrids, some really good)

and, its only 2 months into the flowering stage.

best part?

i just cut off a small top, leaves, buds, fanleaves and stem and dried that.

it still smells and tastes great (taking into account the quickdrying method lol, its not harsh though)

and its mostly leaf lol (still not harsh, even fanleaves are a pleasant smoke with a bit of high (takes about 3-4 tokes to get comfortable..)

and it still is something preferable to anything ive tasted , well, since i tasted that pure sativa for the first time, 20 years ago (probably a mexican strain)

quite comfortable while relaxing and yet does not take away your energy or focus (it softens the focus bit and gives a slight drunk feeling, but ive been smoking lots)

easy to go on this. not an introspective smoke though, though id like this as my maindiet smoke :)

sso

Veteran
usually, with indicas i prefer heavy narcotic indicas on which i smoke myself into a near comastate and avoid most people lol.

this is much more social.

and usually with indicas there is something missing to the feel (to my opinion, but then again my first toke was pure sativa (amazing coincidence this guy brought some back from the states, 20 years back, something he claimed he´d "found" in the forest lol (we were 18 or so)) (and i enjoyed that smoke very much, later i could only get hash from indicas, what was available locally, only, and i got used to them but did not like as much initially.though they had some of the feel of the sativas.)

but on this sativa (very thin leaves, almost bamboo looking plant, tiny buds that grow upwards not outwards so much. pretty large internodal distance but grows shorter as you go up)

im pretty comfortable at only "feeling slightly drunk (without the stupid quality of the drunk or the narcoticness) hmm, its a sorta slightly tipsy , yet sober mind, feeling very comfortable in the body.

the parents of this plant was a much racier smoke, i suppose either how early im cutting this smoke accounts for that or perhaps the indoors setting.

dunno, im kinda preferring this and its very long lasting smoke, hours before you come down and this such a preharvested stuff..

sso

Veteran
hybrids btw, have never satisfied me to the same extent as sativas. and i prefer pure indicas over them. (or 80/20 or 90/10 indica/sat hybrids)

never..

always had something missing . never enough high and rarely enough bodystone to make up for it.

took you bit but not high enough.

G

guest121295

I can smoke pretty much anything fresh and be happy, I'm not looking to be too intoxicated but generally I'm pretty easy to satisfy in that way.The VB/Thai is just about dry, I hung her in my basement over the water boiler where its about 70 deg.She looked great yesterday just about dry.I was smoking some pretty pure purple sativa yesterday and I didn't leave my yard, hell I didn't leave the building....I just ran out of coco and I have a closetfull of soil.I think I'm done with the coco when the plants in it are done, I just don't need that much weed anymore and I've had my fun with it.The dirt is so easy and soooo CHEAP!:)I have 2 nice Flying Tigers from Highlighter in flower now, they took the last of my coco and when I'm ready all the new VB/Thais will go into soil boxes.I think the VB/Thai I had would still be going if not for that heatwave, who knows??

G

guest121295

This plant will smoke just fine for me.I'll let it hang like this in the basement for another few days and then bring it out and manicure it a bit.There has to be a few nice joints in here...
picture.php

sso

Veteran
looks really nice.

personally i use soil too.

my vietnam strain does not seem to need much rootspace and the 7 foot plant i saw there,in vietnam, was in a rather small container.

seems to be mostly clay the soil, out there, but the plants took to my soil blend rather well, kept the soil wet all the time, read somewhere that the pure sativas can take alot of water, no need to worry about drowning them. seems to be true, though im not sure giving less water would have been better, my conditions are rather dry and the plant looked very happy with all the extra water (i allow my indicas to dry out more)

but yeah, it never really began to dry out, i watered it daily.

Latest posts

Latest posts