What's new

Victorian black cats

Has anyone seen these big cats as big as puma's roaming around country Victoria or heard stories about them?

I was driving back through Jindi in the Gippsland region of Vic two nights ago around 9.30pm and I turned a corner and this huge black animal jumped out from the tree's of an embankment on the right hand side and bounded in two leaps across the road about 20 meters in front of my car and up an embankment. I had the high beams on and got a good glimpse of it, the tail on it was massive at least a meter in length almost as long as the animal itself and the legs were very thick. Kinda at a loss for what it could be, possibly a feral cat, I know they can grow pretty large, because of the size of the legs it had, feral cats they look disproportionate sometimes with big bodies, small heads and unequal looking legs, so i've no real idea. I did an online search and there have been people all over the country and state that have seen these black cats roaming around in state forests and on their property, i remember something off today tonight years ago about it. Anyway just thought i'd mention it, I know i don't post here a lot but I know you guys have an open mind and probably spend a bit of time outdoors and the like. cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts