What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vibe in Hawaii

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Gotta say the vibe here is killer in Oahu. Just dont take someones parking space lol.

Attachments

• 20140619_123051.jpg
    20140619_123051.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 83

rarelylucid

dam dude .. while this thread was educational it was a tough read haha, anyone ever tried vertical outdoor greenhouse in hawaii or would the numbers needed be too much risk to pay off maybe? A friend had a nice op going in central cal in that style they were able to push some hefty numbers in a tiny space comparatively

808nokaoi

I haven't been to Kauai yet... But all of the others are amazing. I stay on Oahu (and Maui part of the year). Maui is my favorite just because of a surf sesh I had on my birthday and every local would tell the others it was the bday and they would just let you drop in constantly. Awesome surf community compared to Oahu ha!

Best weather on the planet, beautiful women, amazing herb, chill people living there and if you love water sports or being outside it's pure heaven. Moving back to Honolulu as soon as my work is done on the mainland.

808nokaoi

I honestly don't know how anyone would CHOOSE to live anywhere on the west coast... It's only pleasant a couple months out of the year haha. I'm making good money right now, but it's not worth being depressed due to the climate and people.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
dude Grey skull our cali shit is the best for varieties, but for specifiaclly the best trippy sativas on the planet; they are grown in the Islands, out doors in their fertile volcanic soil in their longest grow season. they have several. I want to buy a place their just to grow those sativas in those seasons for my own personal crop. I'll even share with all the neighbors that toke to make lots friends. Everyone respects sharing the sacred herb.

Ripoffs are so common. Can't tell anyone if poss. But, as we used to say on Maui.

"When You fart, your neighbor can tell what you ate." That's how tight it is sometimes in the neighborhoods.

Manivelle

Veteran
hi i've not maid a lot of research but thinking i'd better ask hawaian guy about that .
do you know if the molokai stil alive somewhere? and if you know where i can information about it? i know molokai frost molokai kush but none look like the one in the pic. thanks for your help
picture.php

oldhaole

Veteran
Grey, That thing is ugly. Couldn't you stick anymore gaudy in there?

Manivelle.... All that shit is long gone. All sativas, they went the way of the dinosaur and the dodo bird. It wasn't that good anyway, but it was great for it's time.

Back in those days you could have taken a handful of seeds planted them and you would have found an bud that looks like every one in the picture. In fact, if that is the High Times centerfold from god only knows how far back, which it looks like to me, the backstory is that all those buds came from Big Island to O'ahu where they made the whole thing up.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm hoping this is the real molokai and someone kept it . the bud structure is not really comon to me.
i'm not searching for this one
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=73286&highlight=molokai.

thanks for the help

hey Manny we are doing a Cannabis Tournament in a few weeks here. I have entries/entrants coming from all the islands, including multiple from Molokai.

If its still around, AND ITS GOOD (the important prerequisite), then maybe we will see it or some form of it.

We will be posting up pics and details of all the entries after the event.

We'll see...

Manivelle

Veteran
greeeaat ! :) hope some terrific green monster will show their face . i like hawai strain diversity . i hope you will not see only hype strain .
will you post the pics here ?

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pics will be posted.
its a limit of 50 entries... blind head to head double elimination tournament

I am hoping some old guy comes out of the jungle and slaps the crap out of all the new aged fucks that think we are hot shit.

I know we are gonna get a glimpse of what people are growing all over the islands. So far from the entries list there are no duplicate cultivars being entered...

and yes, we are trying to celebrate our own cultivar diversity!hahahaha
picture.php

Manivelle

Veteran
that is a good news . i like that kind of spirit. :) i just noticed there is a hawai section .. is it new ? i left internet for 3 years ..
i should open a thread about molokai ? should i ? plus i like duckfoot too . one of the first i grew. coming from tahiti . where they call weed pakalolo as well :)

guido420

Free the plant......

Free the plant......

pics will be posted.
its a limit of 50 entries... blind head to head double elimination tournament

I am hoping some old guy comes out of the jungle and slaps the crap out of all the new aged fucks that think we are hot shit.

I know we are gonna get a glimpse of what people are growing all over the islands. So far from the entries list there are no duplicate cultivars being entered...

and yes, we are trying to celebrate our own cultivar diversity!hahahaha
View Image

Support Local..... ;)

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
hi i've not maid a lot of research but thinking i'd better ask hawaian guy about that .
do you know if the molokai stil alive somewhere? and if you know where i can information about it? i know molokai frost molokai kush but none look like the one in the pic. thanks for your help
View Image

Original post from 06.05.2008

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=91689&page=2

"Waaaaaaay back, when I used to live in Hawaii in the late 70's-early 80's, I actually knew the grower that grew those buds. He had formed an informal grower's co-op with a group if his fellow growing/surfing buddies, and they were known to local's in the know as Abdul's Geurrilla's.

Abdul looked and acted like a "local boy", but was actually a transplant from the east coast. He would often go over and visit with another grower that I knew very well, and that is where I first met him while smoking copious amounts of pakalolo, only the way grower's can get away with.

One night in January, after everyone had returned home from the mainland after Chistmas, a mutual friend was throwing a party at a house on the windward side of Oahu, in Kailua, right on the beach in Lanikai. I was in attendance, along with Abdul and numerous other local punk-hoodlum's.

Later during that evening, a group of us, "moi" included, sat down for a heavy duty joint smokling session, and Abdul was sitting right next to me. He rolled a big fat one, sparked it up, and handed it me while bragging that all those buds that appeared in the latest High Times Christmas bud edition were all his, and that he took them to New York while visiting, and charged those meathead's big bucks at HT to take pictures of them. I cant remember the exact dollar amount he was paid, but it was more than enough to cover his expenses, and still have some left over. He also bragged as to how dumb all the editor's were to have believed him. He got all the editor's high after the photo shoot, but didn't leave them with any bud. Moreover, none of the buds pictured in the spread were from the outer islands. All the buds were grown in Oahu, most of them by Abdul himself in his back yard....... :puppydoge[/QUOTE]

41096HT_pics.JPG

41096HT_pics1.JPG

41096HT_pics2.JPG

41096HT_pics3.JPG

RMS

Latest posts

Latest posts