What's new

Veterans from the Vietnam conflict, I have a question

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Hmmm I'm going to be visiting family in Vietnam next summer. I'll be sure to ask around. Its called NamBlack?

That would be awesome, I believe it is a landrace that was found and used by the occupying US soldiers while policing the country.
The buds when dried are as close to black as one can get.
There are other strains in Vietnam that are more readily available but, this Namblack should be well known by those who live there.
I hope you are successful in finding some, if you do I sure would like to hear about it :woohoo:

Have a safe trip !

Owl Mirror

Veteran
You should check out the ACE forum here they have crosses with Vietnam black, nice guys too know their stuff.

Thanks, yes I noticed that but, it seems to not be available right now.
I believe it is also used in creating the ever famous WILLIE NELSON strain.
I'm pretty sure the Namblack is crossed with Nepali, which I'm currently working with (nepali).
I would love to add some pure Namblack to my breeding program of Nepali, Ethiopian and Mazar landraces.

Thanks again !

SuperConductor

Veteran
Yeah I'm sure it's the same vietnam black used by reeferman they have since he gifted them a few things back in the day. I've never seen a pure VB seedline for sale (I've only been online since '06 tho) and never seen any talk of males used so I've a feeling it may be a cut that's used in breeding programs but if it is a seedline they have then reeferman will have asked them not to release it for sale same as he did with the nepal highland but there's never any harm in asking ;)

Oh hey, I just had a thought. If you're looking for something unworked, authentic and truly representative of the best ganja from that area then you should check out the Real Seed co's Golden Lao (i think that's what it's called possibly highland Lao), it's an authentic Hmong strain, they were on your side at the time I believe, not sure but at a guess it'd be more likely they would be supplying GIs etc at the time. It's not black but it may be similar in effect. The colour of SE Asian weed can be from the curing and/or storing process as well as the actual bud colour.

Guy called Namkha or Nagkpa here runs the real seed co.

johnurse

my friend had a vietnamese black from reef, he swore it was the same type of bud he used to get in nam, its the same viet black used in willie nelson

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Thanks guys !
I'll check out the real seed co. for that strain.
My Nepali highland cross is coming along better than expected.
I would really like to eventually add these SE Asian strain to the mix.
That would give me: Afghanistan, Nepal, Ethiopian & Vietnam landraces to work with.
If you happen to hear any new info, please post it up in this thread.