What's new

Very useful gear for quick washes - chemex coffee brewers and paper

Trichgnomes

also makes a great cup of coffee! :D

I rocked the Chemex for a couple years and it does make a solid cup. For someone of your connoisseurship however, I would recommend the Hario woodneck. A little more difficult to achieve a great cup, but the complexity in which one can achieve is second to none.
Hario-woodneck-240.png

Anyways....

Good use for the chemex Mad, too bad I busted mine a while ago. I started putting essential oils and water in it and placing it on a wire grid atop my wood stove to diffuse them into my living room, which worked quite fantastically. That was also a pretty cool use. After that it became a sort of purgatory grounds for already-been-blasted weed. :laughing: Filled it up to the brim and then I accidentally cracked it.

mad librettist

Veteran
well I ruined the last batch by throwing in some oil I wasn't happy with, Lots of the stuff I didn't want was still in there after winterizing and filtration. So that batch was reduced to 3 oz of liquid and mixed into some chocolate!

I'll do a run a soon as I have some more ethanol. next batch will be dry material, as I agree ethanol hash oil from fresh bud tastes like soap when smoked.

I can definitely vouch for the system though, as far as removing waxes and such. This should kick ass for making absolute from BHO. If you have two, even better...