What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very Important! December 10th Santa Cruz County vote!

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Hey everyone,

As someone who frequently passes through Santa Cruz County, I feel I must post this. SCC is historically, a very progress area and has been fantastic in advancing all our interests. Over the past couple months however, the SCC Board of Supervisors has been publicly meeting to discuss changing regulations and the lawfulness of cultivation, both indoor and outdoor.

Some extremely disconcerting proposals from the Board are being presented tomorrow at the SC Courthouse, which could set the stage for terribly harmful repercussions throughout the entire Bay Area. Some of the proposals up for vote:

- 1,200 watt limit on ALL residential growing, no exceptions
- 100 SQFT. limit on ALL residential growing, no exceptions
- No CO2 enrichment in any residential grow
- Cultivator will be required to obtain written permission from landlord stating that cultivation activities are allowed on premise

There are several other initiatives such as absurd buffers, space limits, and plant limits, for outdoor grows as well. This language has been snuck into the discussion in the last minute of the debate in an extremely distasteful fashion. If passed, over 95% of Santa Cruz County grows will become illegal beginning on January 28th, 2014.

Even if you do not live in the county, I urge you to join the public in opposing such ridiculous measures. The meeting is tomorrow, December 10th, on the 5th floor of the Santa Cruz County Courthouse. Even if you do not get up and speak, there is power in numbers!

:thank you:

RetroGrow

Veteran
If I could, I would be there , but it's not possible. However I urge everyone to get involved. Freedom is something that you have to fight for, and as we can see, the "other side", the criminal element of prison planet and corporatists are fighting us tooth and nail all the way. I wonder what they are afraid of? Never forget: we are the "good guys", and they are truly evil.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Retro, even though you can't be there in person, you are helping out by just sharing some motivating words!

norcal_sourD

Say it ain't so! Santa Cruz California?? I can't believe the place responsible for such institutions as the Saturn Cafe could fathom such draconian regulations..Sad times. I wish I had the funds to make it down there to speak out against this bs..

RoadRash

- 1,200 watt limit on ALL residential growing, no exceptions
- 100 SQFT. limit on ALL residential growing, no exceptions
- No CO2 enrichment in any residential grow
- Cultivator will be required to obtain written permission from landlord stating that cultivation activities are allowed on premise

How are they going to clamp down on CO2 ?

If this bill passes, I have a feeling that there will be a sudden increase in practices like home fermentation & candle burning.

As far as the permission from landlord - how are they going to enforce that ?!

Nanny State bullshit in Santa Cruz - that is hard to believe.

Once I signed a rent ap. in San Francisco. It was 10 pages. The last 5 pages were about mold damage. Seemed like they were having problems.

And - I got my deposit back. I cleaned it the best I could and then I hired someone to clean it.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I know, BS or not, the fact these absurd ideas are even being considered is outrageous!

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
There is a 45% increase on ur bill if you go over a certain amount past the baseline. Im sure they are workin with pg&e to find grows.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
There is a 45% increase on ur bill if you go over a certain amount past the baseline. Im sure they are workin with pg&e to find grows.

Sad news.

On a different note, the vote today went better than expected. The limits on wattage have been nixed in favor of keeping a 10x10 footprint for a patient.

CO2 enrichment was not banned, but the using of any flammable liquids/gases was.

norcal_sourD

Sad news.

On a different note, the vote today went better than expected. The limits on wattage have been nixed in favor of keeping a 10x10 footprint for a patient.

CO2 enrichment was not banned, but the using of any flammable liquids/gases was.

Well at least there's that, right? Still kinda crazy to be happening in WierdaCruz but I can only hope these are the "death throes" of prohibition..time will tell. Keep SC weird!

RetroGrow

Veteran
Sad news.

10 X 10 per patient, or 10 X 10 total?

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
10 X 10 per patient, or 10 X 10 total?

They snaked in 100SQFT total or 99 plants. Which is what it was before, only if you had a collective you could pool scripts. Now they are saying you cannot pool scripts unless your parcel size is greater than 1 acre, then you can have 1000SQFT. Completely arbitrary and ridiculous.

redlaser

Veteran

Arthritis- is there a straight 45% increase after the baseline or does it go to four tiers. I don't know if pg&e has different rates for different areas but where I'm at it's .13230 for first tier, .15040.for tier two, .31916 for tier three, and .35916 for tier four. you can use 1,532 kwh per month and it will cost 438.11. I wish I didn't have to use pg&e, I know some people farther north have other electric company's with flat rates, trinity county I think.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Santa cruz is getting overrun by upper-class university students and silicon valley commuters. Most of the SC locals have migrated up into the mountains

i knew the times were a changin when SC police showed up at my old grow house last year with no warrant and told me that my indoor grow needed to be "inspected"

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Lauren A. Vazquez‎Americans For Safe Access - Silicon Valley Chapter

The Santa Cruz County Supervisors are moving forward to squash safe access in Santa Cruz and are quickly moving to give a monopoly to Big Pot. There is a Council Meeting Tuesday night. Attend if you can to tell the Supervisors to Just Say No to Big Pot!
The Santa Cruz Board of Supervisors recently voted on changing its cannabis ordinance in the following ways. There is another, final vote coming up in Jan.
- Closed loop dispensaries, disallowing vendors
- Disallow outdoor cannabis production in rural residential areas
- Allow outdoor production in Ag and Commercial Ag,
- Disallow Indoor cultivation in residences
- Allow dispensaries to grow indoors up to 5000 square feet in Commercial and Industrial areas of the County
- Turn all grows bigger than 10x10 and not run by a dispensary into a criminal matter

God bless

They snaked in 100SQFT total or 99 plants. Which is what it was before, only if you had a collective you could pool scripts. Now they are saying you cannot pool scripts unless your parcel size is greater than 1 acre, then you can have 1000SQFT. Completely arbitrary and ridiculous.

So what about if there are two mm patients living at same residence? Perhaps then each could have their own 10x10?

Latest posts

Latest posts