What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very high CBD strains, which ones?

underdok

High

Alpha Nova, is not the owner of the cannalytics website com or nl

Alpha nova is only the producer of Cannalytics.

The retail, sails and customer service go's throught cannalytics store. If you need any info about cannalytics. Yust send me an pm or

or send me a message at the cannalytics website

grtz

Dokkie :joint:

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Underdok, I would like to make a few suggestions for your website. It is impossibly for anyone from the U.S. to register and start an account. Your website does not give an option of being from the U.S. I got an e-mail from Paul and he gave me a much lower price for a bulk purchase of 10 units. Unfortunately, I would have to send a bank transfer. You folks need to understand that here in the States, bank transfers to foreign countries come under close scrutiny. If I were to make a bank transfer for a couple thousand dollars, my bank would send notice to the U.S. government. It leaves a paper trail the cannabis growers would like to avoid.

I am a very big fan of the Cannalytics Kit. It would be a very useful tool to medical breeders like myself. I have mentioned it on several forums and there are people interested in it. Unfortunately, no one wants to do business with a website that makes it so difficult to order and exposes us to our own government. If you were to start accepting international money orders and redo your website to allow simple ordering straight from your website instead of having to register and go through all the bullshit of bank transfers, you would get more business.

Set up your website with an order form that can be printed off. We can get an international money order and send to you with the order, You cash the money order and send the product. Very simple solution that is used millions of times a day everywhere in the world.

BTW, on this forum,you cannot read PMs until you have 50 posts. It wouldn't do us any good to send you a PM.

E

elmanito

Hey Pops,

The big problem are the banks here in Europe.They don't know how it works in the US and Canada.All the residents of the EU got an IBAN which stands for International Bank Account Number, but this IBAN seems not to work for the US and Canada.For Americans there is a problem if you have a payment of 1000 of dollars for outside the US because of i think the Terrorist.Act and some other regulations which are very strict.Finally they have found you so you can do business with them.

About Obama and hemp.
I know that a lot of organisations in the US are involved with the DEA-policies.Since Nixon they have a huge power to do everything to avoid that hemp and Cannabis become legal again, also don't forget the big multinationals like Monsanto which will also not be pleased when hemp will become legal again.

Namaste

El Manito

Pops said:
Underdok, I would like to make a few suggestions for your website. It is impossibly for anyone from the U.S. to register and start an account. Your website does not give an option of being from the U.S. I got an e-mail from Paul and he gave me a much lower price for a bulk purchase of 10 units. Unfortunately, I would have to send a bank transfer. You folks need to understand that here in the States, bank transfers to foreign countries come under close scrutiny. If I were to make a bank transfer for a couple thousand dollars, my bank would send notice to the U.S. government. It leaves a paper trail the cannabis growers would like to avoid.

I am a very big fan of the Cannalytics Kit. It would be a very useful tool to medical breeders like myself. I have mentioned it on several forums and there are people interested in it. Unfortunately, no one wants to do business with a website that makes it so difficult to order and exposes us to our own government. If you were to start accepting international money orders and redo your website to allow simple ordering straight from your website instead of having to register and go through all the bullshit of bank transfers, you would get more business.

Set up your website with an order form that can be printed off. We can get an international money order and send to you with the order, You cash the money order and send the product. Very simple solution that is used millions of times a day everywhere in the world.

BTW, on this forum,you cannot read PMs until you have 50 posts. It wouldn't do us any good to send you a PM.

Very well said. :rasta:

underdok

Pops said:

--------------------------
Customers from USA and Canada can make a account now , so ordering from USA or CAN is possible and we will create a page to order & pay with money order soon,..

thnx

grtz:joint:

Last edited:
G

This, is really a good thread, pops, your project is very interesting, a lot of people needs help and an other way to medicate, i hope you will find what you want/need, i live in france, in the region i was born, there is a lot of hemp fields, the seeds are very controled but i feel if you go to certain hemp productor and ask them a 100+ seeds, they will not refuse...you know some hemp productors are ganja smokers and maybe more...i really askinf if cross drug strain with hemp strain will be interesting, maybe its good to keep a high thc levels too no ? just asking, not critize fellows.... we have so much told and told me again hemp is not good for smoking.....

E

elmanito

@docgreen

You can ask if they have Fedora 17 & 19.These strains are early flowering ones, not as early as the Ukranian strain i have but early enough to get seeds from.The CBD-content for Fedora 19 is appr.1.40% according to the book Diversity in Cannabis.The strain is also a monoecious one, so you can make feminized seeds with drug strains.

Namaste :canabis:

El Manito

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
It is sometimes confusing to talk about % of THC and CBD. The U.S. government tests drug plants all the time and many of the tests show that pot coming in from Mexico is 4-6% THC. That is because it is a mix of male and female plants.If you grow the same strains and eliminate the males, the % is much higher. If a drug strain has 20% total cannabinoids and THC makes up 16% of that, by breeding out the THC and replacing it with CBD, should you not get 16% CBD? I sometimes wonder if the low CBD % from hemp is because they are measuring samples that contain both male and female. I have heard that hemp has lower total cannabinoid levels than the drug strains, but I don't know what those levels are.

E

elmanito

@Pops
The female flowerbuds were taken at initial seed maturity.Total % of cannabinoids is depending on the purpose of the hemp strain like seeds, fibre or resin.16-98% of CBD or THC is possible when you do a special breeding program for this purpose.

El Manito

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Thanks, El Manito, for the info. I know that Sam has bred a strain that is over 10% CBD.

G

You're welcome!

I was thinking it may be off topic for this thread. But I'm sure that some here would want to look.

Very sad they couldn't get any of the seeds to germinate.

Last edited:
E

elmanito

The pdf-file is very interesting, but they should have used ethylene gas for germination.It succeeded in Israel for some cactus seeds.It would be interesting to have such an old strain, but i hope they still have some seeds left.

Gert Lush

Veteran
Very interesting thread, pity there is so much wild speculation and so few actual verifiable facts!

I have to admit still being confused. So, if I were to come across a high-CBD strain, how would I know?

What exactly would be the effects I observe? More relaxation? Something else? Something not easily observable? I mean there must be some criteria for selection, otherwise all this talk is pretty pointless.

===

I smoked a fair amount of charras - Indian, Afghan, Pakistan-red, Moroccan, etc back in the day, and I can vouch that have quite a different effect from most commercial, mainly Dutch, offerings of today. OTOH there's no way that you'd say they were low in THC (shit, not the stuff I smoked, anyway), but they did have a "mellower" total effect. I don't think that can be attributed only to CBD, especially if it is seen as a THC antagonist.

Perhaps the real picture is more complicated, and black-and-white oversimplifications about CBD vs THC are not really applicable.

Last edited:
G

Gert Lush said:
Very interesting thread, pity there is so much wild speculation and so few actual verifiable facts!

I have to admit still being confused. So, if I were to come across a high-CBD strain, how would I know?

What exactly would be the effects I observe? More relaxation? Something else? Something not easily observable? I mean there must be some criteria for selection, otherwise all this talk is pretty pointless.

===

I smoked a fair amount of charras - Indian, Afghan, Pakistan-red, Moroccan, etc back in the day, and I can vouch that have quite a different effect from most commercial, mainly Dutch, offerings of today. OTOH there's no way that you'd say they were low in THC (shit, not the stuff I smoked, anyway), but they did have a "mellower" total effect. I don't think that can be attributed only to CBD, especially if it is seen as a THC antagonist.

Perhaps the real picture is more complicated, and black-and-white oversimplifications about CBD vs THC are not really applicable.
One way that THC antagonists show themselves is in the duration of effect of the THC. The onset of effects take a little longer and the high lasts longer.
Onset delay of about 15-20 min. and duration of as much as four hours vs 1.5 without.

Think creeper weed.

Dragor

Pops - enjoying this thread and the knowledge shared so far, thanks to you and all the other contributors... below is an excerpt from the article cited by pb in post #171:

THC represents one of the possible phytocannabinoid end-products manufactured by cannabis plants; THC (or, in its native form, THCA) is synthesized by a well-characterized enzyme (THCA- or THC-synthase) from a precursor (CBG or CBGA) common to most chemotypes that represents the metabolic ‘switching point’, downstream of which the variability of the different chemotypes is concentrated. The agents of such variability found in cannabis germplasm are exclusively the different synthases, among which THC(A)-synthase is the only one responsible for making that specific cannabinoid, THC. Therefore, the presence of the allelic variant responsible for coding the THC(A)-synthase may well be considered to be diagnostic, or at least strongly suggestive of a THC-producing plant. The fossil cannabis plants found were therefore genetically equipped to produce THC. How much THC they actually produced, cannot of course be specified because they depend on a number of anatomical, environmental, and nutritional factors that remain unknown.

This clarified things for me quite a bit with respect to cannabinoid profiles and genetics... I can see now that a strains genetic capabilities lies in its DNA coding for enzymatic activity that control the final rate/concentration of each cannabinoid produced - THCsynthase being the one that controls THC levels. My question is, have they also found a CBDsynthase as well? It seems that they can REALLY tailor strains for each person/patient in the future based on the concept of viral or bacterial (vector) transfer of genetic segments/alleles from one strain over to another! This then gets further complicated when the terpene theory is accounted for... but its stuff that could be done in any current lab, with the technology for genetic engineering widely available :} staying optimistic...

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
THCV is a CB1 antagonist that slows the removal of THC from the system and prolongs the effects. CBD,if taken before smoking THC, will negate the effect of THC and moderate or change it if taken at the same time. Experienced smokers who have smoked hash can tell the "dirty" high that comes from a combo of THC and CBD, but most of us yanks who never get that stuff would have a problem telling. The best bet is to find a BdBd strain which will not get you high and use that as the basis of a breeding program.

Let's see! We have an aging hippie with long hair and a beard, packing 28 oz. of dank sensi and they wonder where he came from. Believe me,this dude was from NorCal. Maybe Mendocino County. He was probably a dealer who was selling short bags to his customers around the Bay area and got his ass kicked out. He went across the Bering Strait to find some new customers. No wonder he was dead. A 2700 year cure will give you horrible couchlock. He probably ran out of munchies and starved to death in front of the T.V.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Dragor said:
Pops - enjoying this thread and the knowledge shared so far, thanks to you and all the other contributors... below is an excerpt from the article cited by pb in post #171:

THC represents one of the possible phytocannabinoid end-products manufactured by cannabis plants; THC (or, in its native form, THCA) is synthesized by a well-characterized enzyme (THCA- or THC-synthase) from a precursor (CBG or CBGA) common to most chemotypes that represents the metabolic ‘switching point’, downstream of which the variability of the different chemotypes is concentrated. The agents of such variability found in cannabis germplasm are exclusively the different synthases, among which THC(A)-synthase is the only one responsible for making that specific cannabinoid, THC. Therefore, the presence of the allelic variant responsible for coding the THC(A)-synthase may well be considered to be diagnostic, or at least strongly suggestive of a THC-producing plant. The fossil cannabis plants found were therefore genetically equipped to produce THC. How much THC they actually produced, cannot of course be specified because they depend on a number of anatomical, environmental, and nutritional factors that remain unknown.

This clarified things for me quite a bit with respect to cannabinoid profiles and genetics... I can see now that a strains genetic capabilities lies in its DNA coding for enzymatic activity that control the final rate/concentration of each cannabinoid produced - THCsynthase being the one that controls THC levels. My question is, have they also found a CBDsynthase as well? It seems that they can REALLY tailor strains for each person/patient in the future based on the concept of viral or bacterial (vector) transfer of genetic segments/alleles from one strain over to another! This then gets further complicated when the terpene theory is accounted for... but its stuff that could be done in any current lab, with the technology for genetic engineering widely available :} staying optimistic...

I was interested in the fact that the terpenes seemed to be missing while chlorophyll was still present. I would have expected the bud to be dry and crumbling instead of green. Obviously, GW Pharm. has all the standards for analysis of the complete cannabinoid spectrum. God, am I jealous!

You are absolutely right that we have the equipment to tailor strains to individual medical needs. Unfortunately, we do not have the permission of our government ,who would rather that their citizens suffer and die rather than admit that their whole position is a lie.

Last edited:

Dragor

Yea man, how the heck do you preserve cannabis like that for almost 3 millenia! Must have had almost zero contact with air and the most perfect humidity/cure before being packaged, lol - your comment on it being some Norcal dealer was a good one Pops! LoL

Let's see, keep on fighting the war on drugs and taking money away from our own innocent US population, or gain knowledge that will help the worldwide community and make a dollar from the betterment of someone's life... such backwards thinking in our gov, the whole stem cell ban comes to mind when I think mmj research - the rest of the world is leaps and bounds ahead of us in that field and we'll be paying THEM for their intellectual rights and products cause we were too "moral" to work with them when the time was ripe... seems they rather see the citizens of their country suffer in misery rather than instill any type of hope and optimism - sickening... okay done ranting sorry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts