What's new

Vertically in cab

Propoline

Familiar with the game hoosierdaddy? We were playing it all the time as kids.

ha,ha cali...you make me flush. Its really nothing special. I'm just trying to keep things simple. At first I thought Ill LST again, but since I have bottom part of cab full with rooted clones I change my mind. Ill save at least a month veg, by going SOG. I'm anxious to see how it goes too.

alt789 thanks mate. I'm glad you like it

bounty nice too see ya around again. Thanks for kind words

#
#
#
#

Just to keep things green, here's my WS double clone....

Durban clones (unsexed)

White satin, Kalichakra, Hashberry and Speed Queen clones (all females)

Cab

:wave:
Propoline

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Again, fantastic work!
I may have missed it, but what size are your current pots?

(and I could never win that game...lol)

propoline! wow bro, you honestly have a clean setup. i never noticed the rollers on all the shelves. i just thought it would be a PITA to get right, but it would be awesome if i would be able to reach my whole screen. can only see like half the tube now that it's full. i need to do some research.

how heavy is all that soil after watering?

KILLIN IT BRO!
i have a feeling that there will be a lot more people going vertical after this run. :headbange

Last edited:

Propoline

hey guys :wave:

My pots are 12.L ( 3.3us gal ) hoosierdaddy, so that's makes 0.8/plant. Not much, but by their look now, they seem very happy to me.

whats up stke .... my pots aren't so heavy, about 5-8 kg (11-17 pounds), depends on how much I water. I'm watering every 2 days with 3L per pot. I can see how they grow in intervals. Day after watering they just explode.
My first concern with my cab was that I can have separate plants, for moving around....At first I wanted to do 4 vertical scrogs ( still mite some day). In your place I would just cut the net in the front, and open it like a book. You could easily reach all the plants.

Propoline

Propoline

Flower time

Flower time

After 9 days veg, I switched to 12/12 today, so about 60days from now they should be done. There are clones from three seeds, and looks like #2 is the stretchiest one. I hope that the real stretch will stop soon enough.

A few quick shots

Last edited:
those are going to be nice propoline! can you lower your light while they are still short? i noticed the best growth on the screen to be the one's directly in front of the arch tube.

it does open, but the front of my screen is holding a lot of growth, i didn't organize the plants very well. i have tops stretching out all over the place and wouldn't want to mess anything up by opening the front now that it's so full. i'll remember to leave more room next time.

having a vertical screen is perfect for holding plants in place. you could wait till the stretch stopped and use the screen to hold them for flower. it's not quite the same as a flat scrog, i just vegged too much so it looks kinda crazy. oh man a screen for each pot would be killa! still be able to move them too..

hey bro if you were going hydro you wouldn't have an interval of growth, it would just be non-stop action! i slapped myself when i seen the hydro growth for the first time. maybe coco if you want a "in the middle", i promise you will be happy you made the change. the people that aren't happy are the slackers that can't keep up with the maintenance, you are not one of them by the looks of your cab.

5-8 kg each?!!!! wowzers!

Poodo

I love how you arrange those.Here is my vert I got nice fat nugs with 12/12 in this set up my camera broke like right after this so no harvest pics ,but I have a perpetual harvest type thing going.

I think there should be a vert club also.

One nug I pulled two weeks ago was this 12 gram mass fun fun.Your grow show looks so cool wish we could all have a pot potluck that would be great smelly ,but great peace :joint:

tngreen

Veteran
looking awesome propoline! you need to get this in the grow diaries or micro forum section, more people need to see this setup! i second converting to coco next grow, you wont be disappointed.

covert nice cab bro!

looks a little familiar... :chin:

lol that is going to be nice! have you done a run in that yet? start a thread so we don't hijack this one, i'd like to chat.

that's it, i'm starting a club. club-V... i just want a place to chat without clogging up these diaries.

hey i was just wondering would it be possible to have both ? I was planning on using a 150W 6500K full spectrum Grow CFL at the very top horizontal , then a couple Flowering spectrum t5's perhaps mounted vertically. Would the plants still reach for the larger brighter light but get good additional light from the weaker t5's ?

stke-
What can I say...I guess great minds think alike! i've been runnin that cab for over four years. i get right at about a pound every 45 days out of it- continuous rotation. pics were takin during a little remodling a year ago. I agree, start a thread so we don't disrespect this guys flow.

Last edited:

Propoline

:wave: gang, happy 4/20 everyone :smoke:

stke_fingas how is it going? Everything OK at your place? The light is as low as possible, but the plants will stretch soon, so they'll be in the center of the bulb. I hear you with the screen, check below what I came up with? Its not a screen but works for me. I might try coco next round. Sounds interesting.

Poodo welcome in.... you have a nice cab. You should try to fill that screen a little bit more. Use all direct light that you can, that's IMHO the principle of vert growing. Not that I thing anything bad, just trying to help.... you'll be pleased with the results.

tngreen, tnx for suggestion, but for now Ill stick just with this one. I don't fell like having two same threads. But after summer I mite start one in the diary section.

Looking good CovertCultivatr, looks almost identical to stke`s. How strong is your bulb? Any pic with plants in it? I saw you started a V-club...Ill drop by later

drunkenstoner afcorse is possible. But If you have a chance put the all vertical. CFL in the middle, and T5 in each corner. Unfortunately I don't have enough space for that. I have a mass of leaves there and would burn them with my T8.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update - day 5 flower

It was getting real jungle it there, and the temps started to raise a bit, so I decided to train them a little. Ive used wooden sticks and string, and made sort of half screen :confused: to hold the fan leaves in the back. Also the first hairs showed up today. :jump: . They are still going to be watered with tap water for netx week, and then Ill start to feed them a little bit.

Before the training

After

Net

"Close up"

#2 before...you can see on wich side was the lamp

See ya

Propoline :wave:

Z10N

Hey Propoline !:respect:
Killer show! I love your super efficient & neat style:D
do you think you'll be able to switch to a stronger light?
tho you sure did get a very nice yield with that 150w!

very cool stuff :joint:

Mr.Happy

Propoline,

It's 4/20 how about a smoke report on the White Satin and Kalichakra...
I'm beginning a White Satin grow in seven days and looking forward too it. Do you have any recommendations?

Keep up the great work..

Hey Prop!

Those girls are lookin strong! What a proud papa you must be. :D

I've got a 450 Hortilux. I tried a 600, but the heat was CRAZY. Plus, with only a 17" max. distance from cool tube to the corner of the cab (horizontal), the penetration of the 450 is sufficient.

Sorry no pics with plants in the cab. It seems technology has turned against me: my computer crashed and the pics I have were on a thumb drive and my wife went swimming in the Caribbean with my digital camera.

Keep up the nice work.

Last edited:

Propoline

Thanks for dropping by guys. I'm a little short on time so Ill answer your questions later, for now I just thought to put up some pic from day 16 of 12/12. Enjoy the holidays everyone

:wave: :wave:

Propoline

Propoline

Hey gang :wave:

Z10N welcome in....glad you like the show. I think I can switch to stronger light, but for now 150 is working great for my needs. This second run looks promising, cant wait they are done

Mr.Happy tnx for dropping by. Did you start yours WS? All I can say is, give them your love and they will reward you at their end. They are really easy to grow, I had no problems at all, and was my first try indoors. Expect some solid buds from them. Mine are still curing, although I had some sample smokes, and very pleased with a result. Stay around for smoke report

CovertCultivatr, sorry to hear about the camera and comp. You must have some nice yields with 450w in there. Do you srog or lst them to keep them short? What are your temps in there?

hoosierdaddy, looks good to me too :muahaha:

Propoline

Latest posts

Latest posts