What's new

Vertical with LED

Mr Blah

Has anyone done a vertical room with leds?

All ready have Flip Flop rooms using 600's

Central Maine Power is getting ready for an all out war raising rates come March. Getting ready!

plant = O
Light = X

XOX
OXO
XOX

How would you do the center?
Can you hang any LED light vertical?

I posted in LED section but might get luckier here in vertical land.
:tiphat:

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Has anyone done a vertical room with leds?

All ready have Flip Flop rooms using 600's

Central Maine Power is getting ready for an all out war raising rates come March. Getting ready!

plant = O
Light = X

XOX
OXO
XOX

How would you do the center?
Can you hang any LED light vertical?

I posted in LED section but might get luckier here in vertical land.
:tiphat:

My thinking is that most of the benefits/pro's from vertical growing are taken away the second you introduce an LED reflector... Idk how you're gonna surround LED's 360* with plants, without having a shit ton of LED's in the first place. A room with LED's on the walls, ceiling, and potentially in the middle would be ALOT of money, and probably a waste.

Why not just do a horizontal LED grow, and really nail that gpw if power is such an issue?

What are they raising the rates to?

Mr Blah

Thanks Dabs.
Your doing a great job in your rooms. I check in now and then to see how your rooms are doing.

I don't know how much CMP is raising rates but I know they will be when March rolls around. Just saw it on the news last night.

Petflora in the LED forum posted about BML, http://www.bmlhorticulture.com/
With a 90 degrees for angle in each of the corners at 3-4' bars should hit the sides.
BUT ya the middle is where it can get tricky putting 4 back to each other, the heat is going to build up.
Money wise it should pay for itself in a harvest or two.
I probably would change vertical to horizontal BUT I just built these rooms a little while ago and don't want to change it up again.
PLUS I love vertical...FOR me it harvest way more this way than I ever did horizontally.

A 360* LED light bar would increase canopy size for someone working with limited square feet, at the very least. Sounds like a custom job at the moment, I've been wondering the same thing.

SecondAttempt

My power company is raising the rate 37%... still gonna rock HIDs. LEDs are so damn expensive still, I think you would have to spend so much on equipment the power savings would be negligible.