What's new

Mr.Jones

i havent found a general thread about vertical systems so i started this one ...
i really searched the page for a time and didnt find anything about this topic:

what systems are there?
what experiences did people make? pro/con

i have many questions but cant find the answers!

the systems ive found so far are:
-colosseum
-pi-rack
-florada
-growtower
-ecosystem

if theres already a thread like this one just delet my one and hand me the link :fsu:

im especially interessted in the growtower

Mr.Jones

so okay some information on the stuff ive already found out:

ecosystem
ecosystem.jpg

2x600w vertical movable
height 5f
diameter 4f

price: around 3000

pi-rack
Pi_Rack_kweeksysteem.JPG

350 plants
3x600w vertical
i think should be pretty much 6f by 6f

pretty good system - yields up to 7 pounds

price: around 3000 or more

colosseum
anlage_offen_leicht.jpg

300plants
3x600w vertical
6f height 6ft diameter

supposed to be better than the pi-rack

price: 3000

growtower:
_MG_1485.jpg

(picture: easygrower)

2x400w
200plants
4f height 4ft diameter

many people say it is not that good - even a waste of money but still i couldnt find one grow report with this thing - some people claim it is possible to yield 2gr./w or even more if the system is dialed in - some say two pounds is pretty good

price: 2000 or less

anybody?

Mr.Jones

you are right but since i build my system all by myself i can tell there is always some parts which dont work - are not effective - bug around

2000 for the growtower seems to be alot of money but its all in there (including nutrients,lights,...)

for a self build i had to invest at least 1000 myself

B

buddymate

Mr Jones,was that grow tower originally named the grow-kettle or something similar?I saw a grow with one on Overgrow once,cant remember much about it to be honest,I remember the original Vert system was the "Cage"?And the "Cube"?

Mr.Jones

Mr Jones,was that grow tower originally named the grow-kettle or something similar?I saw a grow with one on Overgrow once,cant remember much about it to be honest,I remember the original Vert system was the "Cage"?And the "Cube"?

yep should be the same thing - but since overgrow is gone all the info is lost - still found the links to the reports ...

B

buddymate

I have a copy of ICMag with a double coli grow by SoQuick,I think he got 10lbs from a coli?

Mr.Jones

I have a copy of ICMag with a double coli grow by SoQuick,I think he got 10lbs from a coli?

i read this one as well but it was an overgrow report, right? so i couldnt find it ... but 10lbs from 2 colis is about 2.5kg per 1800w - 1.4 gr./w - makes sence

from just one would be insane - 5000gr/1800w is 2.7gr./w - if that would be true i would have a growtower in no time!

B

buddymate

Yeah mate,I read the overgrow thread,but its also an article in one of the ICMags,I think he got 10lbs from each coli,he did 2,I am sure someone else will have read the article and can corroborate or correct me on the yield?

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Im a fan of the vert systems my self, but those puppies you posted are expensive. I dont no if you frequent any other forum, but you wanna look up grows by Heath Robinson. He's a pro with the verts. He has built gutter, pvc pipe, and wood vert systems. Nice.

pm sent

Mr.Jones

Yeah mate,I read the overgrow thread,but its also an article in one of the ICMags,I think he got 10lbs from each coli,he did 2,I am sure someone else will have read the article and can corroborate or correct me on the yield?

okay 10lbs from one sounds very interessting!

Im a fan of the vert systems my self, but those puppies you posted are expensive. I dont no if you frequent any other forum, but you wanna look up grows by Heath Robinson. He's a pro with the verts. He has built gutter, pvc pipe, and wood vert systems. Nice.

pm sent

thanks! - yeah those are really expensive but well i mean if its worth it why not?
just if the yields are like on a regular flat system theres no point in buying one ...
too bad all this information and experience got lost - very sad

someone has any idea what strains can be run?
i mean such thing full of chronic or some other hardcore yielding strain :abduct:

P

purpledomgoddes

have run vert for a while. 1k's bare bulb. 4gal+5gal buckets.

another imaginary gardener acquired an eco system... found it to be constrained and very specific+small. have to really know strain, when to initiate flowering, etc. not very flexible/scalable.

some are inclined to proprietary systems. some would never purchase a pre-made system.

vert is simply using 360* of light. arrangement of containers will always be different from garden to garden.

maintenance of crop @ maturity, when the garden is full of plants, is something to consider prior to placing a cut/seedling in the system.

when doing new set-up, always run it 24-48 hrs w/ all lights, etc. on to see how hot gets, and imagine how large plants will be @ maturity, and do mock maintenance.

would also add that vertical air flow is important in vertical set-up, especially underneath lights.

important minutes of this video are from 6:00 thru around 12:15 for a vertical garden:
http://vodpod.com/watch/1569080-nati...ical-marijuana

enjoy your garden!

Mr.Jones

okay i get the point in building my own system - but its still very sweet to have so many little plants due to 100% coverage of the light there is and to the fact that it is so controlable (even tho this fact makes it uncontrolable as well) ...

have run vert for a while. 1k's bare bulb. 4gal+5gal buckets.

another imaginary gardener acquired an eco system... found it to be constrained and very specific+small. have to really know strain, when to initiate flowering, etc. not very flexible/scalable.

some are inclined to proprietary systems. some would never purchase a pre-made system.

vert is simply using 360* of light. arrangement of containers will always be different from garden to garden.

maintenance of crop @ maturity, when the garden is full of plants, is something to consider prior to placing a cut/seedling in the system.

when doing new set-up, always run it 24-48 hrs w/ all lights, etc. on to see how hot gets, and imagine how large plants will be @ maturity, and do mock maintenance.

would also add that vertical air flow is important in vertical set-up, especially underneath lights.

important minutes of this video are from 6:00 thru around 12:15 for a vertical garden:
http://vodpod.com/watch/1569080-nati...ical-marijuana

enjoy your garden!

hm the ecosystem actually is bigger than the growtower and from what i read and heard the system is very small - even tho it shouldnt be too big of a problem to just flower your indicas after one week of veg (from what i heard)
i just dont know if its really worth the effort and money to go vertical ...

the video i quite impressing but i cant connect it to the topic!

T

Teeg420

I would agree with krunch bubble by building your system you'll end up saving a lot of money. With the Coli all it is a big plant bed set sideways. A very expensive plant bed. I myself am attempting vert gardening for the first time and it definitely has its learning curve . Like purpledomgoddes mentioned it has its constraints. I like the idea of kootenays set up, bookshelfs on wheels.

overgrowing your canopy and constraint of space to work in are my biggest gripes. Know your strain.

good luck.

rr14

there's that new rotating garden that uses 360 of light. Not quite veritical, but similar in some ways in principle.

jakeh

Google Green Bastard vertical set up. It is 8x8 I think and does not have the extreme plant numbers you are looking at with all the other systems. Heath Robinson has one I think he calls pot racks that is lower on numbers as well. Then there is Krusty with the lowest numbers of plants and the highest watts per plant. Syk has a thread on the subject. I would never want any of these commercial set ups. I'd personally go with Heath or Green Bastard.

Bodhi Roach

Hi rr14,

how is your setup coming along?
I remember you were setting up a hydroGen natural gas, and had ordered some iceboxes. Are you running a vert system?

O/P
Green bastard has a pretty basic vertical system that is doing very well for him. And Heath, well WOW, which system to emulate is the question.

Goodluck

how about a vertical cab?
400w
co2
DIY air conditioned
home made down to the last drop.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

what it looks like on the inside... kinda. it's hard to take a pic of the inside cause it's all full.

picture.php

picture.php