What's new

vertical octagon diy parts list and how to guide

G

the clones are just rooting and should be in the tubes within a week.

cheers

eb

Harry Gypsna said:
Right then....youve reassured me about the 3 inch, so I am going to start getting the required 3" parts for my smaller design. Ill let you know when my thread if the build/grow is going as i would love your feedback.
any plants in her yet mate?? Sorry to hassle lol, i just love seeingthese and am dying to see it with some clones in.
Be lucky mate.

GotTheBlues

el blastido,
im surprised no one has asked but, how much did all the pvc cost?
i like to keep it simple cause i dont have any money. do you use water mist or flood the entire thing?

G

i'd like to see some updates too

vertical grows are interesting, but i love my horizontal garden

Fuckin great work. I'm building one of these in about 2 months, and this is a great resource. Mine is only going to be a half circle or so, in a closet, so there will be some modification for sure, but I really like your water delivery system! Thanks

skunkwhore

Hi there El Blastido, i just got activated today- ive been lurking in the shadows of ic for a while, reading up on vertical threads especially, but not always are my thoughts answered in other members q+a's, and its a bitch trauling through threads to try and find the answer to 1 nagging question. :wallbash:
Ive seen in the cage system that you can take out the individual columns after the crop to clean out all the clay pebbles and bound roots etc.
-will you be able to do this now that youve glued it alltogether?
-how will you clean it after crops?
and although its glued etc can it be dismantled without wrecking it?
-sorry about all the questions lol- ur thread has really got me thinking about diying a cage grow- you've put together an awesome thread, very well documented , thanks for sharing this ingenius vert show bro. :respect:
1 last q, lol, are your tubes filled with clay pebbles or r they in med filled net pots with roots dangling free in the colomn.
looks like yav really put some thought in to this grow show blastido,i'll be keepin my eyesfixed on ur creation - :puppydoge
pulling up a chair.
SKUNKWHORE :wave:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
skunkwhore said:
Hi there El Blastido, i just got activated today- ive been lurking in the shadows of ic for a while, reading up on vertical threads especially, but not always are my thoughts answered in other members q+a's, and its a bitch trauling through threads to try and find the answer to 1 nagging question. :wallbash:
Ive seen in the cage system that you can take out the individual columns after the crop to clean out all the clay pebbles and bound roots etc.
-will you be able to do this now that youve glued it alltogether?
-how will you clean it after crops?
and although its glued etc can it be dismantled without wrecking it?
-sorry about all the questions lol- ur thread has really got me thinking about diying a cage grow- you've put together an awesome thread, very well documented , thanks for sharing this ingenius vert show bro. :respect:
1 last q, lol, are your tubes filled with clay pebbles or r they in med filled net pots with roots dangling free in the colomn.
your best bet is to buy a wet/dry vac specifically for cleaning out your vert. unit.
this way you can recycle the media. as for your second question, unsure, but,
im willing to bet its full of hydroton. i see no mention of aero anywhere in the write-up.
hope this helps

Power13

This system is excellent. There are many different ways to build it. The top feed part of the system is the best part. It works very well, with a small pump. Unlike the cage or cube that requires a 1200 gph or higher pump to even function.

ericsson

Hey guys,
I want to give this thing a go, although a few things aren't clear for me.
For starters - El Blastido wrote in the DIY list to get a 21" ABS pipe and cut it into 91 - 2.75" pieces, which would later on be used as couplings for the Y's, 45's and elbows.
First of all - what diameter should the 21" pipe be?
Second - in his pictures I cant find one place, where the 2.75" coupling was actually used (there are just ABS pipes cemented together (one on the other) - no couplings in between, so where did he intend to use them?

Last question is - should all the columns be filled with hydroton, or will just filling the 3" net cups be enough and the plants will be ok with the roots filling out the empty columns?

I'm also thinking of buliding this system using gray PVC pipes - no gluing, it's easy to dismount and clean. But from what I've calculated, it would be much lower then when using ABS pipes and 2,75" couplers (which I'm not sure where used). Will the hight / space between each "Y" be a problem (less root space?).

Thanks,
Eric