What's new

Vertical lighting Vs. Horizontal lighting

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
I dont think its the cab he's talkin about. im thinkin hes referring to your lighting.
grow on. Youll never no unless you try.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
I'm not offended or anything. I really do want to know why that much light that close won't produce properly.

I started some seeds just in case my clones don't come through, so this baby will be working soon.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
I did 4k Vert before and i had to change it cuz it thought i was gonna go blind....

you guys deal with this with sunglasses? I just hated how it messed up my mainteneince of the room,

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
C21 - You'll have to check the TD4 log in my sig, I can't remember the exact yield. I want to say that between all the pants, it was like 21 zips, but like I said, can't remember exactly.

LORD BENIS

Nice to see some new discussion and pics in this thread. It looks like people are able to get their bulbs pretty close to the leaves. It looks like NiteTiger runs AC, not sure about CMoon. What are yall's thoughts on temp in respects to vert? Still wondering what is the best way to cool 3 x 600's...

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
Natagonnaworrie said:
I did 4k Vert before and i had to change it cuz it thought i was gonna go blind....

you guys deal with this with sunglasses? I just hated how it messed up my mainteneince of the room,
i always wear sun glasses during a vert grow.

magiccannabus

Veteran
Here is a new pic:

picture.php

G

Greyskull

looks like you need to add some N to the plant on the bottom right....

Grizz

Veteran
Ive heard so much bad rep about vert lighting and find that people are trying to run vert over the tops of there plant instead of getting the light down inside the grow, all the light is coming out of the sides of the bulbs, I run a stadium so I have my lights down the middle of the stadium and as far as Im concerned its the bomb, theres some pics of my grow in the coco forum, stading room only thread.

whodi

Veteran
vertical is real nice.. people should really start doing these systems more... great for trees or sog style

If any of you all know Heath Robinson, then you know he is a an exceptional grower and is well versed with vertical systems. He's got a log on another forum that was yiedling 43oz per 600 watt.

Grizz

Veteran
vertical is real nice.. people should really start doing these systems more... great for trees or sog style

If any of you all know Heath Robinson, then you know he is a an exceptional grower and is well versed with vertical systems. He's got a log on another forum that was yiedling 43oz per 600 watt.
your so right, heath and Jalisco kid. and a few others like northern farmer rock vert.

neongreen

Veteran
I agree with all the others here who say vertical is the way to go. IMO vertical beats horizontal hands down.

Note that some bulbs have restrictions on which way they can be run, and efficiency/useful life/light output can be affected more in some cases than others, so it's a good idea to get bulbs that are designed to be run in the vertical position (or both).

I bought my first HID ballast second hand in the early 90's and it came with a 400w phosphor coated MH/HPI bulb, which I used in a vertical position for vegging, except a few grows back, when I used it to flower some clones and got excellent results. It had already been used for at least 3 grows by that time, and I got about 4 zips off 4 clones vegged for around 25 days I think. Sensi Star and HDF were the strains.

As you can see in these pics of the mothers I took the clones from, taken a few weeks before, the plants were very happy under that light. During flower, they were level with it more or less. Unfortunately I've lost the pics I took during flower.
picture.php

picture.php

My plants are not old enough yet, but as soon as they are, I'll loose the hood in my current grow and go vertical before I put them outdoors :D
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=114970&page=2

magiccannabus

Veteran
looks like you need to add some N to the plant on the bottom right....

She got a little root bound before transplant to her current pot. She's very bushy. Here's a better pic of her. She is a hungry girl. I have fed her some urine and molasses, so she's doing a lot better now. This picture is a bit old now, but she looks way better now....

picture.php