What's new

Vertical Cool Tubes

How effective are these vertical cool tubes really? Could you pump cold air through these from the outside or a air conditioner until the heat from the lights was completely neutralized, or is this not necessary?

Later,

-CT

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
ChristianTaylor said:
How effective are these vertical cool tubes really? Could you pump cold air through these from the outside or a air conditioner until the heat from the lights was completely neutralized, or is this not necessary?

Later,

-CT
remember that a vert bulb is gunna burn a lot more cooler than the horizantal as it doesnt have a reflector. ive got a 400 in a small closet 2 x 3 and a small fan blowing on my girl. i can easily get her within a foot of the bulb without even worrying and all i do is have to door cracked so the fan can pull in some cool air. a cool tube would def help but i would only get it if you had the money and you wouldnt be sacrificing another more pressing area of your grow.

Thanks for the info.

Do you think you could completely neutralize the heat output of a bulb with a cool tube though?

So much so that an eye in the sky with thermal sensors wouldnt be able to detect any heat output?

Later,

-CT

3BM

The answer to that question is a definitive no. I have seen images that show the actual bulb burning like a mini sun. The air around the bulb may be cooler with a cool tube, but the bulb itself will never be cool since the reaction within the glass is constantly converting electricity to heat and light. The best way to protect from the eye in the sky, if you know they use it in your area, is to buy thermal insulation and line the ceiling with it. I suggest a product called Reflectix. Bottom line though, unless you have good evidence that they are using these cameras in your area, odds are they dont. But if it helps you sleep better, more power to you. Hope that helps.

3bm

Latest posts

Latest posts