What's new

vertical aeroponic 2000W

helplesshydro

Dude, this is so great. I've been working on the exact same design for months. Mine's set up for a perpetual harvest with four separate res/pumps. My vert uses four rows of PVC with 24 per row. Only using one 600w hps right now but will end up with 3 by the end of the first run. How tall is your setup? What diameter cool tube are you using? Are those EZ Clone type misters? Do you have to take out the net pots to pull the misters or do you use some kind of grommet that I missed? So many questions... I think I've solved all of my own design issues but I'm dying to compare notes. I'll post up picks of mine next week when I polish up my rig. Man this is exciting, I thought I was all alone.:party:

Scrogerman

Veteran
:lurk:
:yes:

total recall of irish-webbie tubes, from cw/og...;)

in imagination, like 1k's in diagonal row...
like this *:.:D

2-6" from 1ks work well too!;) w/ lots of laminar & turbulent air flow...
btw, how many osciulating fans & how much air ciurculation? they seem to like lots of it to carry away lots of water leaves give off.

enjoy your garden!

Hey 'M',
Are you serious here, 2-6" away from a 1000w hps???, CoolTube or not that seems silly close. Whats your views on distances from canopy to Cooltube with 1000's & 600's, I have mine(600w HPS C/T) set at about 16-18", although im sure i could get it a little closer like 10-14", i just cant because of heat issues form other light sources that aint Cooled! Any Advice on this on for me M', im sure its pretty relevent to the thread, so i hope you dont mind me posting WTFN here dude?!!!

Peace & Respect!!...........Scroger

Dude, this is so great. I've been working on the exact same design for months. Mine's set up for a perpetual harvest with four separate res/pumps. My vert uses four rows of PVC with 24 per row. Only using one 600w hps right now but will end up with 3 by the end of the first run. How tall is your setup? What diameter cool tube are you using? Are those EZ Clone type misters? Do you have to take out the net pots to pull the misters or do you use some kind of grommet that I missed? So many questions... I think I've solved all of my own design issues but I'm dying to compare notes. I'll post up picks of mine next week when I polish up my rig. Man this is exciting, I thought I was all alone.:party:

Well, once you build it, you will have one-upped me. I'd love to make this thing perpetual. But 4 res's?! Seems like a lot to maintain! I have trouble with one lol
Let's answer these one at a time...

As for how tall, it sits roughly 20" from the floor, then 6" pvc, then 2 ft, then 6" pvc, then 2 more feet. All in all the ceiling is 6.5 ft from the floor.

Those are 6" cooltubes. I wasn't aware they came in other sizes, but I'll have to look into it. 8" would be nice.

I use EZ clone type misters, but not the ones specifically made for the EZ clone. I use the little green ones from plumbingsupply.com. I took a tip from Earl (at rollitup) on that one.

I use neoprene rings, not netpots, and yes I have to pull them to get at the misters. It just didn't seem economically feasible to use the grommets this run. My cash limit is maxed out until this harvest. Last harvest only got me a lb (very inferior design to this), just enough to pay for the materials and nutes, but all that is gone now so upgrading during this grow is limited.

I really hope you get it built soon and post some pics here. I'm gonna be crapping myself waiting for April (harvest on or around the 10th -- just in time for 420 blunts!)

Scroger: not at all man, post away. I'm pretty curious myself. That does seem silly close. There's a tradeoff between more light and bigger footprint. I'm trying to find a happy medium, not max it out one way or another (like I see many growers doing --- filling entire walls with buds but putting their lights too far away for them to get dense --- more footprint does not necessarily equal more yield)

helplesshydro

To remove the misters in mine, I used rubber stoppers with holes in them. you can buy them on ebay by the lb. I use #1, the small side is 1/2" and the large side is 3/4" and the hole thru the middle is just big enough to screw in the mister. Also, the size of the bottom makes it easy to clear the sprayer thru the hole (one problem I couldn't figure out with grommets), plus they're only like 8-12 bucks a pound (I used 1.5 lbs for 80 misters), and they keep the sprayer at the angle you want. one problem is that it makes the mister deeper in the tube. I'm only using 4" PVC so I ended up switching from the EZ type sprayer to a cheap hardware store 360 type (they spray more sideways then up). The only other problem with the stoppers is that you couldn't use them with outrageous pressure, but I run 20 per 800 gph pump with no problems.

On a side note, can someone tell me the best place for uploading images? Always been to lazy to post photos on any site but I may have to make an exception for this thread.

I use photobucket to upload images

BUT you can upload images with your post also, as long as you haven't maxed out your limit.
click "Go Advanced" if you're doing a quick reply, then go down to the button that says "Manage Attachments"
Find the image file on your PC and you're good to upload.

Oh I forgot to mention... The other reason I don't use the grommets is that I practically never get a clogged sprayer head. It hasn't happened yet this grow.

Here's an update for you guys. I switched the lights off on the 1st. That makes today day 8 of flower. I'm just beginning to see pistils at the bud sites. This is a strain that takes a few minutes to get going.

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

This is to give an idea of what's behind the screen. I'm hoping these buds fill out well, too. Chocolope doesn't need very intense light to produce well, so I'm banking that I won't have to trim behind the screen (PITA & waste of time).

IMG_2067.jpg

Whoops, how did that get in there? This is my newest project. She showed up at my girlfriend's place, but she's already harboring 4 illegals (no-pet apartment). This is possibly the cutest, sweetest kitten I've ever met. Her name is Lucy.
IMG_2062.jpg

Update time

These photos are from 2 days ago (day 14, aka feb 15)

These tops are outgrowing the container. I already raised the ceiling as far as it will go. They reached it within 24 hours (a good 3 - 4 inches).
top-1.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

Left side
leftside.jpg

Right side
rightside.jpg

I thought this looked cool
IMG_2099.jpg

Still very few signs of buds. I have a feeling that they're going to really take off once they get going. I didn't really pay that much attention to the clones I budded outside, so I'm not sure when they're going to start taking off, but outdoor/indoor is apples to oranges anyway.

Man this is a really cool setup man. I really like how well you are utilizing a minimal amount of space (I suppose that's the point of vert) and how lush those walls look. I think we should coin a new term WoG (wall of green).

Man this is a really cool setup man. I really like how well you are utilizing a minimal amount of space (I suppose that's the point of vert) and how lush those walls look. I think we should coin a new term WoG (wall of green).

Hm, I like it. I've heard the term VSCROG tossed around, but usually people VSCROGging are also growing horizontally using a relflector, just bending their screen to a U-shape. The idea here is to eliminate the need for a reflector, which maximizes efficiency (at least bulb efficiency).
Yeah, WoG... excellent...
Next journal I make WoG is gonna be in the title

P

Paranoid one

Time.. Give it some time and you will have a very nice WoG 'erb

Later.

DAY 21 UPDATE

Okay, everything's going right on schedule. Some people have gotten chocolope budding a little faster than mine, but I had a timer issue on day 3 and they got about 18 hours light. I found a journal of somebody who had a similar timer issue (he called it simply a "timer fuck") and his budded exactly the same as mine, about 3 days behind on the budding schedule. Oh, well, live and learn. Now I have it set up with a contactor so it won't happen again. You live, you learn.

Come on in...
IMG_2130.jpg

A little further... (this is the only "bare" spot)
IMG_2131-1.jpg

Little closer...
IMG_2141-1.jpg

BOOYAH!!
IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

Hey looking great and awesome setup! I am very impressed at how far you are able to make a 600 reach! I am having trouble getting proper light just to me 3'x3' table! Good work!