What's new

Vert in a Garbage Can with nlxshiva

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Here is round 2 in the garbage can. A few changes have been made since the last grow that will better allow me to access the ladies from behind.:bump: :moon:

The screen is attached to the container, so to pull it all out of the garbage can, I just grab the top of the screen and pull it all out. The last grow it was nearly impossible to access the plants. The ladies are trained on the outside of the screen until bloom and left to stretch toward the bulb. The screen is 16" around.(40.6cm)

I plan on letting some of the lower branches form a bottom canopy below the bulb.

The light is a 175w mh I had laying around and thought I'd put it to use along with this garbage can. I also had the bathroom fan sitting around, its about 80 cfm.

The strain is nlxshiva from Nirvana. I popped 20 beans, a few didn't pop (maybe 3), vegged them out and culled the males and the runts and tall lanky phenos and was left with 6 nice looking females. Two phenos that had the thickest stems will be vegged out and become mothers to produce clones for another grow, the other four were put in the garbage can, not really, but, yeah.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

F

fully baked

Haha SQUISH those ladies in there Sam!

I'll be watching....

FB

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Thanks for ya'lls encouragement

fully baked, yeah, they sure are squashed in there but I think they will grow in a more favorable fashion than the last grow in there.

Sam.....you have some very interesting grows brother.The kc36 thang you done was far out.Im sure you will be pleased with the nirvana nl x shiva if you havent tried it before.Its a vigorous strain so you made a great selection for that project.Im gonna take a seat for this one to see how it turns out...good luck...ol briar

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I just put them into flower, today is the first day after 12 hours of darkness.

They seem to be loving their new leg room. :D

Here is what it looks like when I take them out of the garbage can, as you can see, it makes it so easy to train them and trim unwanted branching.

P

pine boy

Hey Sam ,will you show us your vents? I'm am curious to see if I can cool something like this.
That can is clean ,good work:watchplant: :canabis: :greenstars:
I'll be watcing.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Hey Pine boy, if you look in the very first picture in the thread, you can see what I use for intake vents.

Initially I cut 4 holes for 2" pvc elbows and stuffed them in there. That was going to be the only vents until I checked the temps, and they were too high. So I cut one 4" hole on the opposite side of the can.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just plain awesome!
looks like the trailer park boys ripped off your design, though......

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Been a while since I updated, and a few things have happened.

One of the 4 ladies was... ...A DUDE!!!!?????...

So now we are - one plant, oh well, what can ya do?

One pheno is the most vigorous of the 4, well 3 now, that were/are in there and has the largest buds so far.

If you look closely you can see some of the highest buds have a flat mushed top, that is from them growing into the lid of the garbage can. I probably should have bloomed them earlier, I didn't think they would stretch this much.

I've been watering them in the garbage can and haven't taken them out in a while, don't see much need to right now. They get a little roughed up being taken in and out.

Cheerful

Wow Sam, looks awesome! Bummer about the late male, but really it looks like 3 plants is about all the room you had!

When do you plan to chop?

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
update day 40 of 12/12

There are 3 different phenos with close ups in the last 3 photos.

One pheno has much larger buds than the other 2 and it seems to be developing faster, it has orange hairs already.A few days right after the last update, that pheno started to swell, I was shocked.

I have 2 clones of that pheno growing out to become mother plants.

The better pheno is growing close to the bulb and the leaves are burning, not much I can do really. If I tie it back it blocks other budsites.

The large pheno below

Latest posts

Latest posts