What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerryBerrySurprise (BlackberryS1? BlackberryWidow Fems?)

I haven't given much thought to how I was going to write this report so I guess I'll just start from the start. I received these seeds several years ago and wasn't even expecting them to germ so when I got 2 seedlings with purple and I mean really purple first leaves I was very happy. I have grown this strain before but my past experience showed nothing unusual in the seedlings. These seedlings were freaks in more than just their purple first leaves as each seedling almost stopped growing then when I almost gave up they both burst with growth but each in two seperate sides like they had topped themselves. As they grew both plants had 2 seperate, distinct mainstems so I decided I would pollenate one side of each plant. Despite my attempts to keep pollenation to one side of each plant a few seeds were found in the 'smoke' side of each plant. Of the 2 plants one was distinctly more purple than the other and this plant was also more indica in phenotype. Both had a very nice berry/coffee aroma to them from the time they were in veg.

When finished one had buds that were very colorful whilst the other was more or less green with very purple stems and undersides of some fan leaves. I only have pics of the colorful phenotype's buds unfortunately.

The smoke from the green bud was very smooth on the inhale and slightly fruity to the taste. The smoke expanded a lot once inhaled and it was the cause of much coughing amongst some unseasoned friends. The effect was pleasingly quite interesting. I have grown this strain before and I can't say I remembered it as anything special and though I wouldn't call this potent the high is very cerebral, thought provoking and can have you in fits of uncontrollable laughter but not everything causes laughter as I have experienced with some other strains. I would describe this pheno's high as something similar to A11 but toned down a lot and not as creative but overall nice wake and bake or chill out smoke, goes well with music. The purple pheno in the pics looked to be much more Indica whilst growing but when smoked the high was very similar to the green pheno although more potent and enjoyable overall which I didn't at all expect as my experience has been that green phenos are usually the good one's. This smoke is really nice to sit down to after work, play or whatever. I like to use it to start the night's smoking and follow it later with a heavier Indica to put me to sleep. I would say the high is sativa dominant (65/35) with certain indica traits that really enhance what would be an already decent sativa buzz if that makes sense. the smoke is very similar to that of the green pheno in aroma/taste and overall effect when inhaled but with a minty component which is quite nice. It takes awhile before you feel anything but once it hits it really sets in nicely. That warm feeling that spreads from the inside of the head down through the body and just hangs around is really nice and is very noticable when you sit down after walking around. The munchies and giggles are also very prominent parts of the feeling and damn I have eaten myself to the point of sickness several times whilst smoking the purple pheno. My girl has recently started to lower her intake of benzodiazepines (Xanax,Valium) and has found that this aswell as Ducksfoot really help her. Overall I would give the green pheno a 5 out of 10 simply due to lack of strength and the purple pheno a 6.5/7.0 as it's a more well rounded smoke with some really pretty colors too. Both pheno's were by no means standout smoke but for pretty plants that I grew mainly for the colors I was pleasantly surprised and can't wait till I grow out some of pollinated purple pheno which I hit with a Blueberry male.

Last edited:
An addition to this report has to be made as I opened a jar last night of this bud that has cured for the past month and wow what a difference, better in every respect. Opening the jar I was met with a really sickly sweet smell with some real sweetness and body. All the light aromas have been amplified and it's smelling and tasting beautiful when smoked. Potency is also increased and the smooth sweet smoke is a pleasure just to inhale and exhale. I am really looking forward to locking this away and seeing how much it improves as one month isn't all that long and I think it could get much better. The only problem I face is trying to keep my hands off the jar as I'm really wanting to open it whenever I see it just to open it, inhale that thick, sweet smell and marvel but I know that this will lead to me smoking my whole jar before the next month passes... self control, self control!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts