What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vero 29 Gen 7 Build/Grow/Comparison

saitama

No, they are going yellow. Posted them because I want someone to look at them and advise on whether I should remove the upper leaves that are going yellow. Tired, will try to take better pictures tomorrow.

I am suprised how natural the light is compared to HPS or other LED's which look purple.

I'm having the same issue with my new Cree COBs. I think we need to feed more to keep up with the extra usable light. Some of it probably is due to the spectrum, mine look much greener during lights off.

I would leave the leaves there, but you can use your judgement. If they're too crispy, take them off. They're blocking the light for lower leaves and buds anyway.

I am currently battling this with my LED as well. You both should consider getting a PAR meter and raising your lights/dimming them down to 800-1000umols. LEDs are no joke with regard to intensity. 1100umols and above are only for running co2.

You can try upping nutes a bit, but it is a slippery slope. I wouldn't do anything until you raise the light up and see if they're happier. They won't turn green again and the only way to really tell what the right heights/dimming levels are is to use a PAR meter. I'm just using a cheapo quantum par meter from hydrofarm, but I wish I had spent the little bit extra for the Sun Systems or Apogee.

Good luck!

saitama

Do you know how umols compare to lux?

There is a conversion somewhere but they arent really easily converted because there is par is only a specific part of the spectrum. You will not get an accurate conversion.

I reread what you said. Umols are photons that plants can use for photosynthesis and lux contains photons that are out of the spectrum that plants can use.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
My camera is very old, and do not know how to use the features. Autofocus always focuses too far away.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Thanks man. I found it earlier today. I got around 54K lux. These are best looking buds I have ever had. Lights are about to go off. Will check tonight.

Be well!!

P.S. I have call into seller about determining light distance based on LUX.

Nice grow I have the 400w kit as well. Excellent light just finished my first run. Best harvest to date. Buds had ridiculous amount of resin production. Try keep those lights at least 18 inches away. Good stuff looks like your plants are getting the natural fade.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Nice grow I have the 400w kit as well. Excellent light just finished my first run. Best harvest to date. Buds had ridiculous amount of resin production. Try keep those lights at least 18 inches away. Good stuff looks like your plants are getting the natural fade.

Thanks!

If you find any info on spacing them, let me know. I have 2 banks of 5 in a 4X8 tent. I am trying to figure how far apart to space banks from each other, so I can mount them together. I figure if I divide the tent in 3 and space evenly, the center will get way more light, from overlap from other bank.

After harvest will play around with spacing, using light meter.

R

Rageous8899

Ive always heard to mount them 1ft apart. I have cxb3590s only 3 in my little 2×4ish. But they rock. Will you build something to mount all of em on? Or go with the arctic alpines? I have a few builds diy here. Ive actually used old car audio amps which is basically a hunk of finned aluminum. https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=72902
Im sure 12 veros is gonna kill it my friend

Loc Dog

Veteran
Ive always heard to mount them 1ft apart. I have cxb3590s only 3 in my little 2×4ish. But they rock. Will you build something to mount all of em on? Or go with the arctic alpines? I have a few builds diy here. Ive actually used old car audio amps which is basically a hunk of finned aluminum. https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=72902
Im sure 12 veros is gonna kill it my friend

It is only 10 in the tent. Was told that without the dimmer attached, they will run 110 watts each. Ballasts are mounted outside of tent. Want to connect them so they will be easier to position, and not have to worry about wires getting pulled when moving.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7916441&postcount=4

Loc Dog

Veteran
Just found out why upper leaves were turning yellow. Fusarium wilt.

mcnasty

I've heard growmou5 and them mention that you need to raise the temp to about 85f with leds, as the IR from hid usually has your leaf temp higher. The lower temps from switching to led does something with the nute uptake. Could be another reason for yellowing for anyone having that issue

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I've heard growmou5 and them mention that you need to raise the temp to about 85f with leds, as the IR from hid usually has your leaf temp higher. The lower temps from switching to led does something with the nute uptake. Could be another reason for yellowing for anyone having that issue
Interesting, I may have to try that. I though I just needed to run the lights dimmer. I should try raising the temperature a bit.

Loc Dog

Veteran

How many watts is each COB run at, and how many COBs or watts to square feet? I got great bud with very little leaf, but also very low grams per watt.

I am running 10 COB's at 110 watt each, or 1100 watts on 32 square feet.

So howd it go?

So howd it go?

I got the kits this last week, and have been collecting all the needed parts, and planning it out.

Probably build them Saturday. Current thought for 4 X 8 tent is ten of them running 100 watts each, in 2 parallel lines, 16" apart, 16" from ends and sides, and sixteen inches on centers of each row. Will mount the Meanwell drivers outside of tent, to see how little heat can be produced, since many pay almost as much to run A/C for HID lights.

Might mount the two rows independent to start, and play with spacing, using Lumen meter.

I have 12 COB's, so if anyone has suggestions on spacing and patterns for 10 or 12 COB's, I would appreciate it.

I have various plants from seed, ready to go into 2 tents. Will run the other with 1200 watt HPS. Can do an all GG4 run in both next run, for a much better side by side test. This run will be coco, next run of GG4 RDWC.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

:tiphat:

How did this one fan out? Havent been on the ic in awhile since i moved and was unable to grow. So i didnt look either. Makes me wanna grow. Lol. 100 watts per cob is pretty intense. I know people say that running em at 3000ma is best efficiency but it decreases life quick in them. (According to datasheets or whatever. Ive never burnt either the cobs i run (cxb3590*3500k) (vero 29gen 7*4000k*5000k)or not one led chip that ive put into builds. Xml2s, luxeon royal blue. Cree photored, epistarwhites blues and photoreds. But i only run my cobs at 1500 ma. I have a spare vero and this driver i bought on amazon thats 100 watts and 3000 ma and im gonna try it and see how it goes. Id like to see if you had good results driving that high or if you had any heat issueor whatnot. Thanks guy. Hope shit went well.

Latest posts

Latest posts