What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks shwagg and pagona - im going to have to try and take some 'proper' photos of her in a few weeks.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
noticed the Cherry Bomb 2 cutting has rooted so i potted it up today.

still waiting on just the SD DNA cuts to root - may take another cutting of that.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey all, update time :tiphat:

CB2 still looking nice - 38 days
picture.php

the odd looking bud in the bottom row is the seeded one :moon:
picture.php

CB1
picture.php

Sour Diesel dna 33 days
picture.php

side view
picture.php

and the ECSD / sd cc cut at 5 weeks
picture.php

VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I was just about to nominate you for POTM for that CB2 shot, when I saw yourcorpse had beat me to it.

Nuff said.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh yeah, i wont get that image of the cb2 out of my head for awhile.

kinda like seeing your parents do it, hahah but in a much much more positive light.

lovelightpower

Veteran
those cb's look amazing mate, sorry to ask if you've said already, but what cb's are they?

i have some cherry bomb from RM, just wondered if they were cherry bomb 1 or 2?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
blimey, yourcorpse - thanks guys! this has to be the nicest looking plant ive ever grown. :dance013:

LLP - thanks for stopping by mate :tiphat: - this is Mr. Greengenes Cherry Bomb - a maui wowie ibl that he has maintained for 20 odd generations.

afaik, this was one half of RM's cherry bomb - the other half being cherry ak47.

hey schwagg!!

VG

tr1ck_

Man, I cant believe the colors in this picture, easily one of the nicest shots I have seen, keep up the great work!

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey BB i dont think you'll regret having the extra space, a 250 will fill a 60x60 all day long. my cab is 60 x 70.

strass - im getting on well with the airpots i think. the two cherry bombs are in my old regular 15L pots whilst the two diesels in the airpots. they are getting pretty light and dry inbetween waterings - which i can only do every two days - but i find the same thing with some plants in my old pots. water tends to p1ss out the side holes a bit in the airpots and you have to water them a bit slower. these diesels shouls really pack on the bulk over the next month or so, ive been feeding them a bit. gave the ECSD a shot of veg today as i think it could use the N. short answer - so far so good. the two plants in my other LED cab are also in the airpots and doing well also.

but i think in the future i will need to let the plants veg in the airpots for a week or so for best results and as my grow is usually perpetual, i will probably start using the smaller LED cab, which takes two modules, for veg and early flower - then move the plants to the 250 cab for mid flower to harvest as space becomes available. this way i should be pretty flexible and max out the efficiency of my setup. the only problem is that it will be a bit confused keeping the two threads going. i may have to amalgamate and start a new thread for the whole system?

we'll see i guess...

tr1ck - thanks, cant take much credit for the pic. its a case of lovely plant and new camera that has great colour rendering.

VG :tiphat:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
wow! man I saw that pic in the potm thread and had to drop by and say that's probably one of the nicest pics I've ever seen of canna. beautiful Mr. V

mad librettist

Veteran
Heya VG, I'm thinking I might copy you, and induce flower under LED, then switch to HPS.

You think halfway is the right time though?

tr1ck_

How does the fan you are using to blow across the canopy work? I am having problems with the clip-on fans I have been trying to use. First they keep breaking, and second they don't seem to blow much air at all despite their large size. I am starting to think a quality computer fan like you are using is the best option since I do not care about oscillation.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
StealthDragon - thanks, im really chuffed at all the nominations. not sure if i will win - the poll just opened and there are some great shots in there from other growers. perhaps my special pet fungus gnat in the pic will bring me luck :D

hey SB cheers :tiphat:

mad - i reckon about a week or two of veg and then 3 weeks of flower would be ideal for the LED, then into the big cab to finish off. this also means that the 250 cab will always be full and the led cab can hold the plants till a gap opens up. in theory it should work great as you get closer internodes/less stretch with the LED too.

tr1ck - the computer fan seems to work well, although i have good ventilation in there too. i could grow an ounce in the space one of those 6" fans takes up lol ;) there is a thread somewhere about wiring a computer fan to a phone charger/variable adaptor.

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts