What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im not sure D9, i think the diamond is a great reflector, and was designed in a photometric lab. those figures may be misleading as they give averages and the light spread may not be very even - but im no expert. from the ecotechnics homepage it looks like they will do an aircooled one. it doesnt look like it has glass which, if true, is great

http://www.ecotechnics.co.uk/diamond_reflector.htm

----

the DCq got chopped yesterday, really quite a fat beast but hard to get pics. i left it whole to dry as i want the seeds to have as long as possible to mature
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the clone of DCq isnt doing that well but hopefully will start growing soon....

we have 2 confirmed Cherry Bomb girls, two different phenos
picture.php

picture.php

2 males have been chopped and i have branches in water, whilst 2 are still to show

VG

theherbalizor

Veteran
Hey guys.

Having experiance with almost every type of reflector on the market I can confirm the Blockbusters are the best available today. They are awesome. I went from 2 adjustswings to 2 blockbusters and within 2 days the plants started yellowing due to the massive increase in lumens. Amazing. The amount of food my ladies eat now is mental. ANd the yields have been nothing short of stella. Last run 69 oz from 1200w. And the quality was very nice.... i think VG can testify there.

That DCq looks lovely mate!

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I am reminded of a beach umbrella....

Cracking bud.....be interesting to see how much the quadness has bumped up the weight.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:dance013:well this thread has gone over 100,000 hits now, and my grow diaries combined add up to over a quarter million in 18 months or so - big up to all the contributors and lurkers :tiphat: :thank you:

Well D9, looks like a solid recommendation for the blockbuster from the herbalizer who knows his stuff for sure. i guess when i researched mine i was looking for fixtures that fitted a 250 - and the blockbuster is a 600/1000w unit. if you are looking for a square footprint then it looks like a good bet. the diamond ones are a little more rectangular in their light footprint. and yeah herbs herb is awsome - fat dense nugs for sure!

blimey, the cola that the DCq has produced is pretty dense and filled in, the bigger leaves had been removed as they faded. it will have upped the yield for sure but that doesnt mean that it will be a good yield by any other standards ;) i just hope that the cut makes it so i can run it again...

thanks SB :wave:- cant wait to try it and see if its as good or better than the previous DC i ran.

VG

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
The attention is well-deserved, VB, you put on a great show. And to think, I got excited when I hit 10,000 hits on my thread. :smoke:

Hey V.G. first off i want to say thanks a million i have used numerous ideas that were gleaned from reading thru most all of your threads. I have been using your soil mix for the past few grows and have always mixed within a week or two of using. I was wondering if you usually let the soil sit and age a little or not. Oh yeah man the reason so many people view your threads is well they are amazing! I'm not sure what exact elements play into your exceptional yields but i for one definetley try my best to emulate your grows. You just can't argue with results especially when they happen to be organic and require only water from start to finish:thank you:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strainbrain, thanks for the kind words :)

SativaHybrid - thats great to hear :tiphat: i try to age my soil but tbh it seldom gets more than a couple of weeks, and often i have used it pretty much straight away. the N guano is fairly quickly available i think and ive never really noticed a problem doing that...

---

and the new round is shaping up. i ended up with 4 females of the Cherry bomb and there seemed to be two phenos so i chose 1 of each. CB1, pictured above, was a spreading, fairly even canopy after topping pheno and CB2 is a thinner one where the sidebranches grew pretty much straight up - with red leaf stems. these two are potted up and screen fitted. i was warned by Mr.G that these are pretty vigorous so hopefully i can keep them under control. ive started them fairly small...

and the other two plants in the cab this run will be clones -
original diesel/AJ cut/DNA cut
and ECSD (CC cut) really looking forward to running these side by side, hope they dont stretch too much... thanks again to my friend who made it possible :thank you:

in other news i bought a 15L air pot to see what they are like. i will be using it in my LED cab this run as a tester (i have the same scrog modules in there) but i'm pretty confident that i can attach my screens to them and they are rigid enough to lift about i think. we will see. thanks to whoever it was who was talking about these a few pages ago. it finally prompted me to take a look at them...

VG

M

mugenbao

in other news i bought a 15L air pot to see what they are like. i will be using it in my LED cab this run as a tester (i have the same scrog modules in there) but i'm pretty confident that i can attach my screens to them and they are rigid enough to lift about i think. we will see.
I've already been thoroughly enjoying this thread (all your threads, actually) for some time now, as it's by far one of the best examples of this type of grow I've seen, but I have to admit to being particularly interested to see how well an Air Pot works in your setup.

Keep killing it :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mugenbago - thanks :)

mad - yes it was also your thread in the organics section that made me curious about smartpots. i should have all the plants potted up, hoping to have the two sour diesels in smartpots to test the water as it were. tbh now i have one i dont see a problem except when i go away it will be hard to water using capillary matting - might have to get some blumats or something....

should have some pics tomorrow of the new round...

gonna have a toke on the DCq tonite to see how it's doing. the cutting is doing even worse after i dropped something on it and broke one of it's leaves off :(

VG

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all. at last the cab is set for the next round :dance013:

we have - ECSD / Sour Diesel CC cut - in an airpot, screen was very easy to fit in the end.
picture.php

picture.php

and Sour Diesel / headband cut (some people call this the DNA cut in the UK)
picture.php

and the Cherry Bomb girls - these are in normal pots. 1-2 weeks in. i thought they would stretch more thanks this -perhaps the red t5's have reduced the stretch. always a guessing game with new genetics but the screen will be pretty full i think. for all i know they will stretch more but i suspect not much... CB1
picture.php

CB2
picture.php

and here is the cab with the 2 airpots at the front...
picture.php

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i fitted the screens by half drilling a hole and countersinking so it was a cone shape. then i just fitted it over a bump on the airpot and screwed it from the inside of pot into the wood. good fixing i think... i hope...
picture.php

M

mugenbao

I'm so glad you're testing the airpots. I am really looking forward to seeing how they do in your setup :)

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Lookin good Vg....can't wait to see ur run the ecsd in ur set up as well as the new airpots. Been a minute since I've stopped by in here to post but I'm always checkin out ur updates lol. Good vibez bro.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
vG
Howzit brother..?? Man you always are doing something coolio.. And what a nice menu to choose from great flavas up in there.. Great work as always.. peace n pufs..

sacKO

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice and impressive work VG :good: i really like such kind of well organized and ingenius modular scrogs..keep the good work up :tiphat:
gh

mad librettist

Veteran
nice VG!

The design to mod scrog my smart pots I came up with is hard to explain, because it is in 3 dimensions. The frame will be pvc, the bottom shaped like a "U" will be buried. There will be 2 stems rising up from the perimeter (the sides of the "U"), which will attach to the screen using t-joints. So my screens will be about 18" by 18".

kinda hard to picture... it would not stand on its own without the soil. It won't be fastened to the container at all. instead the weight of the soil and the root system will keep it in place.

Anyway, with 18" screens and containers over 15 gals, how close would you put the screens to the soil? I have good head space, and the air cooled reflector is doing a good job with temps, so I can get pretty close.

Latest posts

Latest posts