What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

Huggie bear

hey all, had to put a new carbon filter in today so i took the opportunity to take some lights off snaps of the canopy :dance013:
sourdogs at the front
picture.php

picture.php

VG

Simply put Beautiful!
I plan to run a Scrog after my initial run with this hybrid I am playing with. I can only hope for these kinds of results! :tiphat:

B

Bottled Cat

Wow, this is all from a 250w hps? ... think I know what to get now ;p

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Awesome results!
What results did you get by adding those UV tubes?
I´ve started to work with those but due to problems in blue i didn´t managed to finished the experiments but i´m still very interested in it ;)
Enjoy the fruits of your work you deserve them

B

Bottled Cat

Wow, this is all from a 250w hps? ... think I know what to get now ;p
Sorry to take this topic off topic, but I just have a quick question. I have a 2'x2'x5'3" GL60 tent, and I noticed that is a similar size that you are using in this grow! How is the heat for you? I was just worried that I might have to buy a cooltube, and I just don't have that in my budget right now. I don't have an intake fan at the moment either, but a 440CFM fan with all the passive intakes open on the tent should definitely keep it cool enough. What do you guys think?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys, thanks for all the kind words, yep, just a 250 in there. until recently on it's own. the main reason for the high yield is the canopy management. you could do a similar thing with LST but it takes more skill imo and more time.
the UV tubes at the sides are an experiment to increase potency. im also going to try a red t5 in one of them to reduce stretch on the next run. been in bed ill with some flu bug for the last couple of days. felt fucking terrible. still feel terrible but slightly less terrible than i did yesterday :D i was so ill yesterday i didnt even have a smoke!

paulo - what do you mean by 'problems in blue'? - its hard for me to say if there has been an increase in potency so far as it's early days, but ive read some convincing stuff that points to it increasing potency. check the last few pages of the uv thread in the botany forum

BC, l. i dont use a cooltube with mine as they reduce the light and often dont have very good reflectors, and an efficient reflector with the correct shape 'footprint' for your space makes a huge difference!
VG

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I meant problems with coppers and my best grow room and gear lost forever.
I´m another one that believes UV´s bring more potency to the final product

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
of course paulo, sorry my brain isnt working very well atm...

---

the missus took the kids xmas shopping so i dragged my sorry ass up the loft and did a but of repotting ( Herijuana for next run ) also got some pics.

question - how do you keep a male branch in your flowering cab to collect pollen for small scale pollenation
answer - very carefully! :D

normally i would keep the branches in a jar on the windowsill (sometimes i use scissors to round off the ends of the leaves so as they dont look like mj lol) but its too cold and i have family coming to stay for xmas so here is the solution. ive used this method before a couple of times.
picture.php

and here is DCq at about 2 weeks flower
picture.php

the Lemon thai at 9 weeks, probably ready but its gonna have to wait.
picture.php

nug
picture.php

and the blueberry is doing it's thing, poor photo sorry
picture.php

nug
picture.php

cheers

VG

Mr Jay

Veteran
Ack, get ye a netti pot. It's cut my flu/cold time in half. And quit making me drool on my keyboard! I still have trouble comprehending all that coming off a 250.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
So who's the stud, and who's going to get his wild oats?

Always the mad foxtails on the BB....I was just looking back at your photo of the BB in the greenhouse - hard to believe it's the exact same plant (in effect).

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers StRa!

Dr, i just googled neti pot - interesting but im sure its unpleasant, nasal irrigation - i do use an steam inhaler though and thats effective especially with a drop of eucalyptus.
both effective and pleasant is a hot toddy ;)

yep just a 250, i had a fream once that i made a mistake and was using a 400 all along. i actually went and checked the next day :D

of course hps wattage ratings are dubious. 250's use more like 300 watts and a 400 is around 475 (conversely LED's usually use less than their rating my 205 used 180watts). one of those power meters off ebay is a good buy . mine uses 302 as you can see from the pic
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blimey i nearly missed you there

its the tri DC male, although i would say it's half a quad really because of the angles of the nodes. it looks to have one side of the stem gone bi and the other remained normal. it'll be interesting what the offspring of this and a quad bring - wouldnt it be great if it was a 'medelion' type trait ?

yeah i wish i'd taken more pics in the greenhouse. actually the buds did foxtail but the foxtails themselves were more leafy so the buds looked like rope (but didnt smoke like rope :D )

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
It would be great of it was a straightforward Mendelian deal....nice and easy to isolate just by selection. Punnet square 101.

Sod's law says it's sitting on the same chromosome as something nasty lol. Only one way to find out...

S

schwagg

i love that last bb pic verdant! i'm itching to sprout some, i checked my seeds and realized i have two!!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blimey, ive been trying to work out the deal with the trait - which after speaking with GMT who has the excellent 3+3 thread about tri's - i am convinced that what i have is something completely different. i guess it must be genetic for 2 of 5 seedlings from the same batch to show the trait. DCq has it on both sides of the stem but i dont know if that means it's two different genes or what (perhaps phenotype and environment comes into it? ) the male only doubled up the leaves on one side. i think the clone of DCq will root so providing it doesnt grow out of the trait then we shall see what comes of it...

schwagg
hope you find a good'n!
i have a few Blueberry seeds now (regular ones) from a couple of sources and at some point i'll try and find a good male to pair with mine to make some seeds.

VG

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
vG
Howzit brother..?? the gurls are looking nice and ready the lemon thai how long will she wait to get the axe due to the visitors for xmas? she looks nice.. as do the others... i am going to do a scrog after i transplant a couple beybeys.. i will drop a pic off when i do see what ya think... Happy Holidayze peace n pufs..

sacKO

D9_THC

Hi VG, beautiful colors. Looking forward to the smoke report :)

Could you tell me what type of reflective material you have used for you cab walls? Thanks in advance!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey sacko, yeah i was up there today and the LT looks dead ready - but not overdone yet. logistics at christmas can be tough but im hoping to take her down the day after tomorrow. be interesting to see if there's some stone on the smoke after letting her go a bit longer. wow she looks extra frosty though.
ive been peeping at your grow. some exotic genetic you have there and i cant wait to see them budding up :) the scrog is good for those of us that need to make the most from a small space. :tiphat:

hey D9 the reflective material is embossed mylar. just standard mylar that has been run through an embossing machine to give it that textured finish. i get it from greens (UK)

VG

W

w.wonka

have u been puffn on those sourdawgs? what ended up being the story on those with the smell n high!! w.wonka