What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Venting

Hey!

I just had to vent. Ive had it with the cannabis world and industry in general. It is so greedy and disgusting.

Its legal now in so many places yet not one is growing pure sativas.
It is all about greed, stupidity, and very low consciousness .
I want to soar, fly, i want to experience profound clarity, psychedelic insight, true bliss. I cannot experience any of this with the cursed strains flooding the market today

Filthy scumbags run this cursed industry, they can charge whatever the difference in weight is for a pure sativa. So why arent they doing that? It doesn't make sense.

I see $40 ounces, 80, 200, 400 even. Why the hell cant these stupud fu**ing ingrates grow a pure sativa!!!!??

I fu**ing hate this weed, its so annoying, I cant stand it, it just makes me blood boil, why cant i fly?! why cant i soar in clear bliss?! Im tired of this stupid indica/hybrid trash!

Its like they legalised just indicas and hybrids!

And i cant grow right now, i was supposed to, which is so annoying, if i grew when i was supposed to i would have pure sativa leaves to vape/eat which is another added bonus of pure sativas, usable leaves!

Grow pure sativas, kill the other stuff (except for narrow leaf pure ruderalis, i think they are probably like pure sativas in effect, which would make them the perfect breeding tool to make sativa goodness available in places where they dont grow well)

:watchplant: :yikes:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
be nice if we swapped out fluoride and chlorine for got old lsd 25

goodbye rso hello dso

ahortator

Veteran
Hey!

I just had to vent. Ive had it with the cannabis world and industry in general. It is so greedy and disgusting.

Its legal now in so many places yet not one is growing pure sativas.
It is all about greed, stupidity, and very low consciousness .
I want to soar, fly, i want to experience profound clarity, psychedelic insight, true bliss. I cannot experience any of this with the cursed strains flooding the market today

Filthy scumbags run this cursed industry, they can charge whatever the difference in weight is for a pure sativa. So why arent they doing that? It doesn't make sense.

I see $40 ounces, 80, 200, 400 even. Why the hell cant these stupud fu**ing ingrates grow a pure sativa!!!!??

I fu**ing hate this weed, its so annoying, I cant stand it, it just makes me blood boil, why cant i fly?! why cant i soar in clear bliss?! Im tired of this stupid indica/hybrid trash!

Its like they legalised just indicas and hybrids!

And i cant grow right now, i was supposed to, which is so annoying, if i grew when i was supposed to i would have pure sativa leaves to vape/eat which is another added bonus of pure sativas, usable leaves!

Grow pure sativas, kill the other stuff (except for narrow leaf pure ruderalis, i think they are probably like pure sativas in effect, which would make them the perfect breeding tool to make sativa goodness available in places where they dont grow well)

:watchplant: :yikes:

What it seems they have legalized is actually hemp. As CBD is highly sought after while pure true sativas (NLD strains) are scarce.

q3corn

Right there with ya dude. It seems someone would be able to fill that gap if they were an enterprising individual.

troutman

Seed Whore
It's because they can sell more weed and make more money by avoiding pure Sativas. Nothing stops you or
anyone from growing your own though. The only way I see this happening is if outdoors growers in Tropical
areas supplied weed overseas. If that happens I can see many people going for boutique imports.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Check out the Sativas from ACE. Pure Landrace lines and Powerhouse F1 Sativa Hybrids. Malawi, Panama, Nepal, Ethiopia, Honduras, Haze Strains. Lots of Pure Sativa choices from them.

Potency runs the spectrum from 5% THC to 30%+ depending on the strain. Their work reflects a deep Love and Respect for the Original Sativa lines.

Last edited:
Check out the Sativas from ACE. Pure Landrace lines and Powerhouse F1 Sativa Hybrids. Malawi, Panama, Nepal, Ethiopia, Honduras, Haze Strains. Lots of Pure Sativa choices from them.

Potency runs the spectrum from 5% THC to 30%+ depending on the strain. Their work reflects a deep Love and Respect for the Original Sativa lines.

Ace actually only carries heavily sativa dominant hybrids, same with cannabiogen. Except of course the ace oldtimers haze which ace did a great job ruining. Breeding by selection with a pure sativa like ace did is ok if you also open breed the same strain and offer both. Instead ace selectively bread for stupid traits such as trichomes size, length, weight, flower time etc... NOT EFFECT!!!
Aces oldtimers haze today is at least 6 weeks sooner in flower than it was when they first released it. Its lost its original haze mystique for sure. Its no secret the longer a sativa takes in flower the more likely it is to be exceptional in EFFECT.
real seed company stuff is also not pure.

I would check out some landrace team stuff like laos dak cheung, kerala from khalifa, burma from indian landrace exchange

:xmastree:

Element115

So there’s nothing TRSC has on offer that’s not pure sativa ?
Have you grown them all out and observed their behaviours closely to verify your claim? Or is this some sort of anti “certain seed co” propaganda?

Not having a go but there seems so much misinformation being spread about the place and I just want to know if you know your claims are fact based on experience or just claims from what you’ve read online ?

Genetics aren't the main issue with legalization... I can vaporize any genetic and be happy.

Contaminants are objectively the #1 problem with legal Cannabis. I try every new legal brand I become aware of, looking for someone to share my "rare" 2004 "old-school" genetics with. Every single one produces a bud that either smells or tastes like grow products, not Cannabis metabolites.

Top brands in my state have the flavor of nutes, essential oils or fungicides, 100% of the time, zero exception. Even if it smells okay (meaning like freezer dried hydro at best), it's going to taste like a specific fert or fungicide, 100% of the time.

No idea how people smoke that disgusting refuse. Every time someone says "smells like weed" around here, they mean it smells like npk products derived from petroleum and natural gas waste, or like bacillus subtilus/thuringiensis, or like a sprayed essential oil, or a bottled 'terp-a-hol' flush product. 100% of the time, zero exceptions.

Right there with ya dude. It seems someone would be able to fill that gap if they were an enterprising individual.

People are smoking nutes and pesticides and calling it indica couch lock... The shit doesn't even feel like indicating weed. Poisoning yourself is not couchlock. Turning blue, puking, and passing out as a natural response to poisoning, is not getting high.

djonkoman

Veteran
I think it's just the nature of a commercial market.

if I want good tasty strawberries, I have to grow them myself. the store sells strawberries but they're shitty and expensive.

if I want habanero's, I have to grow them myself, since the store only sells the common chilis(jalapeno I guess? we just call them 'spanish pepper'). maybe you'll be able to find rawits(bird's eye chili), but I've never seen a habanero fruit for sale anywhere(there probably are specialty online stores for it, but it's not in supermarkets).

also for other fruits and vegetables you'll just find one/a few varieties in every supermarket, but most people who don't garden don't even realise how limited the choice is. instead they'll be surprised when you show them a different color variety of some common vegetable, not knowing it was possible(like purple carrots or beans). and then there are all the 'forgotten vegetables' which used to be a common vegetable but got outcompeted by more economical crops, and a lot of people don't even know the whole vegetable/plant exists anymore.

large scale professional production with a focus on making money just creates that kind of limited menu, and as long as most people don't know any better no one complains.
and plenty of people are also fine with the average quality limited assortment that they get. not everyone is willing to pay more for better overall quality or specific qualities. and not everyone can even distinguish the differences in a taste test.

I've heard plenty of people say they can't really distingish between indica/sativa dominant hybrids for example. actually the most common complaint I've heard about the commercial weed in the coffeeshops here is that it's 'too strong', or 'hits you like a hammer'. especially from occassional smokers I regularly hear they would prefer a less potent, more gentle high/stone that does not hit you that hard at once, but eases into a nice high/stone. and some people refuse to smoke weed but only smoke hash for that same reason.

so I think a major market gap for the legal market would be less potent weed that is excellently grown, with great quality when it comes to taste, smoothness of smoke etc, but just without the high potency that usually goes together with the higher quality weed.

grayeyes

To the poster who asked about sativas from TRSC I can tell you that their Malawi Gold is pure sativa. Took forever to finish with skinny leaves.

I can't do more than 4 hits or the day is pretty much wasted.

q3corn

People are smoking nutes and pesticides and calling it indica couch lock... The shit doesn't even feel like indicating weed. Poisoning yourself is not couchlock. Turning blue, puking, and passing out as a natural response to poisoning, is not getting high.

I'm not sure how your comment relates to mine, which you quoted? Which state are you in that your legal weed all tastes this bad?

Rajas

Premium user
People think of indica sativa spectrum as:
Relaxing - frightening

But they have no clue!!!

Moreover it is just something that happened historically. People smoked hash and Afghanistan has a very diverse hash culture. Being short plants they thought they might fit into their wardrobes. That's it I guess. Moreover these plants are comming from very dry places so they mold and rot away everywhere you place them but again not in your wardrobe :D

Rajas

Premium user
Decriminalize it in a way that craft cannabis can exist!
Won't be the big corporation, so people like you (and me) will do the job in the future!!

Love the skinny girl types, haha

zaprjaques

i'm with scarface.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210220-004920~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-004920~2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 26
So there’s nothing TRSC has on offer that’s not pure sativa ?
Have you grown them all out and observed their behaviours closely to verify your claim? Or is this some sort of anti “certain seed co” propaganda?

Not having a go but there seems so much misinformation being spread about the place and I just want to know if you know your claims are fact based on experience or just claims from what you’ve read online ?

The picture of the indica looking plant, its bushy and has wide leaves , it's called mango thai, from rsc

The picture of the plant with wide spread put branches and thin leaves/buds is a real beautiful thai pictured in the 70s before most of thailand had been contaminated with indica

The other plant is a modern burma mong hsat which i believ is pure because of the look and description of high also the breeder mentions it need 18-24 weeks in flower, remember most breeders like to under state how long a strain takes.

The take away from this is simple, a real pure sativa should take up to 28 weeks and at least 18. Yes these kinds can be harvested at 14-16 weeks. Some rare landrace sativas can take as little as 14 weeks but these are more likely to take 16-20 (such as Lesotho). Also the leaves need to be very thin like pencil thin, and they need to grow like a tree with spread out branches.
:gday:

Attachments

• Mango-Thai-1-1.jpg
    Mango-Thai-1-1.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 24
  • user138436_pic1616137_1466389293.jpg
    user138436_pic1616137_1466389293.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20200923-190803_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200923-190803_Instagram.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 28
Genetics aren't the main issue with legalization... I can vaporize any genetic and be happy.

Contaminants are objectively the #1 problem with legal Cannabis. I try every new legal brand I become aware of, looking for someone to share my "rare" 2004 "old-school" genetics with. Every single one produces a bud that either smells or tastes like grow products, not Cannabis metabolites.

Top brands in my state have the flavor of nutes, essential oils or fungicides, 100% of the time, zero exception. Even if it smells okay (meaning like freezer dried hydro at best), it's going to taste like a specific fert or fungicide, 100% of the time.

No idea how people smoke that disgusting refuse. Every time someone says "smells like weed" around here, they mean it smells like npk products derived from petroleum and natural gas waste, or like bacillus subtilus/thuringiensis, or like a sprayed essential oil, or a bottled 'terp-a-hol' flush product. 100% of the time, zero exceptions.

This is another big thing, i noticed after about 2013 it seems the weed i was getting was contaminated with neem products and other additives which ruin the high and make you sick.

I have gotten really sick and had a horrible sickening high from some weeds because the people that grew it used too much if that stuff.

Neem and cannabis dont go well together they can cause cannabinoid hypermesis syndrome which is just caused by certain substances reacting with the the such as neem.

Other stuff besides neem get you sick if used with cannabis but neem has been scientifically proven to be a known cause.

And also, around 2013 when people started talking more about terpenes, i noticed the nice feeling and taste i got from weed has changed, I think maybe the only weed ive had since then that was not sickening was 3rd world grown

Weed just doesnt taste like it used too. It gets you sick. It makes you dumb. It doenst make you high. It doesnt give you insight or clarity or beauty or bliss just nasty yuck yuck yuck

We need more growers that are only pure sativa. Even seeds from breeders are untrustworthy ti me because they grow other types that I'm sure criss pollinate, pollen from cannabis can fly far and fast very sneaky stuff

:gday:

Element115

Hey mate, I totally agree with you in that we need more people saving the pure ones.

Anyway I recently finished and reproduced some trsc mango Thai and it didn’t resemble that picture on the left amongst the bracken fern more like the one on the right from the 70’s.
Had I not tied her in knots to fit my space she would’ve had the structure of the one on the right.
Have a look at my photos and see what you think ... the leaves all started a bit wide but after a while they were all super thin like 5-10mm wide max