What's new

vending to colorado clubs-experiences

M

movingtocally

The California vending experience thread was a major success, providing tons of viable information across the board. I figured a Colorado thread might be nice as well. If you care to share your experience dealing with the various clubs, please do so here!

I have heard that in the Springs most of the clubs won't even do business with you unless you can prove you are legit under the law. Is this true?

M

movingtocally

Seems like a good thing to me. The less illegal activity involved with MMJ the better it is for the cause imo.
I don't agree because the regulations followed to the letter are not practical if you're not a caregiver. Caregiver being just another retarded hoop to jump through by letting more people know that you grow.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
From what I've read, it would very impractical to be completely legal as a caregiver considering the law says you are only able to have 2 ounces of usable product between the caregiver and patient at one time. So legally the only way you could sell to clubs is if your patient didn't use 2 ounces in the time it takes you to make the next harvest.

If you had the maximum amount of patients (8, I think) and you harvested every 3 days (60-70 day strain, 24 plants harvesting perpetually) and your patients only used 1 ounce, you could sell 5 pounds per month, but each harvest would have to be sold before the next. Even harder would be to grow an exactly one pound plant.

So, it could be done and profitably, but if you don't live close to a dispensary it could be very inconvenient delivering to patients and dispensaries every 2 or 3 days.

I would think if it was done this way (completely legal) there wouldn't be enough product to supply the demand of new patients. I can't see any dispensary (business) turning away new patients and then turning away someone offering undocumented product.

DankHank

Most dispensaries in Colorado will buy/trade, seeds, clones, meds with patients, caregivers, Vendors. it makes it easier if you have a way with words or if you are well spoken. i can tell in a few short words weather someone is foreal and knows their shit. if you have something they want and they can sell it and make profit from it then they will buy it!

Surrender

My understanding is most CO dispensaries will turn you away if you don't have a tax ID. Most won't deal with walk-in bud if you don't have paper (documented patients of your own) to cover it.

M

movingtocally

Not practical in what way?
Well it's only a few ounces legally allowed per person. So to become a caregiver you have to let those people know you're a grower-which sucks. That's a half dozen people who know you grow right off the bat. So if you're not a caregiver you can't really vend to the clubs at all.

I'd rather just take my chances on the black market than let a half dozen or more people get on board with my caregiver card, in addition to the dispensary owners who want all your personal information as well. I have heard that sometimes the dispensary owners will rattle off names for you to list as caregivers, though, to make it easier.

the whole thing just seems shady to me. It's a step in the right direction, but personally I'd rather meet joe blow and sell to him.