What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vegging an outdoor cutting for next year

thedudefresco

Hi dudes

So this is my first year growing "Regular" seeds and everything I popped has turned out to be female.

While good or bad depending on how you look at it, the whole reason I planted regular seeds this year was to have fun trying to produce some seeds for next year.

I'm growing all landraces so I was looking forward to crossing one and seeing what happens.

Lets say one of these plants is the firey fire lol. And I want to save it to cross next year. What do I need to keep a cutting alive indoors until next spring?

Space is a huge issue. If i do this I will need it to be as small as possible.

I've only ever grown outdoors.

PDX Dopesmoker

Its not too late to get pollen from an outside source and also probably not too late to start more seeds either, if you soak seeds today you could probably have a pollen producing male by the end of August/early September and viable seeds ready by the start of October.

thedudefresco

Its not too late to get pollen from an outside source and also probably not too late to start more seeds either, if you soak seeds today you could probably have a pollen producing male by the end of August/early September and viable seeds ready by the start of October.

True. Very good advice.

What if I want to keep a clone tho?

PDX Dopesmoker

If you just want to keep a few clones in veg over the winter you can probably do it in a pretty tight space like a space bucket sized or maybe even smaller.