What's new

Veggies to grow.. so I dont starve

Drift13

Egg plant is another easy one to grow and can be cooked in many ways.
One nice thing about veggie seeds is they are cheap to buy & with a lil tlc and time will yield you a bounty.

LazLo

I go twice monthly to get free food. (Unemployed kin AKA freedloaders need to eat.) Many organizations other than government distribute a variety of foodstuffs. Produce, baked goods, dry goods (macaroni, rice, oatmeal) and canned goods. Seldom meat, but canned white chicken meat and tuna. Even in rural and sparesly populated areas there are food banks and churches. If you start a garden and collect the free stuff, you can stock up on the dry basics. Smoke and salt some of your game and fish to preserve it.

If there are other things worth gleaning besides gold, you could find enough to finance your trip "home." Agates and other semi-precious stones are often found with gold in flowing water.

And you could try to get a "general laborer" job or something else based on your skills. When I hit an employment dry spell many years ago, I worked with a drunk cleaning houses for cash. READ: Cleaning other peoples toilets!!

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Depending on how far north you live you should be planting now and sooner depending on the veg. remember it takes time to grow any plant, so if your going to depend on growing your own you should have started a couple months ago for best results.

I found a wild cherry tomato plant in the yard and it's huge ! I've started watering and fertilizing. Looking forward to a summer of salsa and curry :)

Latest posts

Latest posts