What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Veg+Bloom: RO/Soft vs. DOS A+B

So i've been using RO/Soft for quite some time and I love it. I regularly get flower that test 25% -30% and 2%-4.5% terps. Recently I had to make the switch to the Dos A+B because some people thought an injector system would be better than reservoir tanks.

I talked to the people from Hydroponic Research and they told me that to mimic RO/soft fomula, use a ratio of 3:2, Dos A: Dos B (3/5 A, 2/5 B) they also said that this would be lacking Potassium and to supplement it with .1% K2O4 (so for the sake of my math below, just ignore K)

I noticed herms on my Birthday Cake for the first time ever right after switching to the Dos A and B formulation so i decided to break down the numbers and compare the elemental percentages of RO/Soft vs Dos A and B.

Below I've attached a picture of the elemental components (by weight) of RO/Soft and the Dos A+B at at 3:2 ratio. As you can see, they are major differences. For example, Dos A+B has 4800% more Mo than RO/ Soft and 95% less Nitrogen from nitrate.

Anybody else make a switch from RR/Soft to Dos A+B? I'm very dissatisfied.