What's new

Vari-ballast

guineapig

Veteran
technical information on the new Vari-ballasts to whom it may concern...

Technical Data: HID Vari-Ballast™
The Vari-Ballast™ intelligent, electronic ballast system is smaller, lighter, and more reliable than traditional magnetic ballasts. The Vari-Ballast™ drives metal halide (MH), high pressure sodium (HPS), and mercurcy vapor (Hg vapor) lamps, including standard and pulse start models.

BENEFITS FEATURES
Saves Energy Intelligent electronics and thermal controls deliver efficient, cooler output
Global solution Operates under universal input voltages:90V - 277V ± 10%
Delivers multiple output wattages:70W ¾ 1650W
Drives MH, HPS, and MV
Complies with UL, CB, and CSA standards
Steady light Regulates line voltage to deliver non-flickering, constant lumen output
Silent light Smaller, lighter microprocessors. Class A indoor noise rating

Reduces operating costs
Energy efficient
Supports dimming and scene controls
Includes automatic timer
Thermal control reduces air conditioning demand
Controlled start-up and shut-down process extends life of lamp and ballast
Reduces maintenance costs
Identifies lamps and ballasts before they fail.
Enables scheduled maintenance and replacement.
No more mass relamping
Simplifies lighting management
Graphic user interface displays on desktop, laptop, and handheld computers Supports wired and wireless communications

No, they are not new.

No, they are not new.

I contacted the company about there product about 4 years ago. THey keep testing and testing and testing. I was supposed to get some data about performance and well I got zip. They have promised this technology for many years and I have yet to see a commercial product. DO they actually have one yet? I just gave up on them. THe story of the ballast they give is impressive but has been and currently is fiction. I would like to hear the latest.
NoS

guineapig

Veteran
man that is a let-down.....but many thaks Nugs of Science for the beneficial information.....we need to keep on top of these companies so we know who is schwag and who is on the up and up.....-kind regards, gp

J

James-Bong

Ya ive seen them.... Big article on em in this months issue of "Maximum Yield"

The web site is the same, the news, the pictures all are the same from 4+ years ago. Still looking for retailers. A commercial product is one readily available to the consumer which it appears is not still. THey seem to be having more dog and pony shows but that's just for $$. Same old story. I wish I was wrong.
NoS

Tonyton

Fella's, There is a couple of sites that sell this ballast. Look for Future brite ballast in google search or yahoo.

Tonyton, Thanks for the word up. Yes, Future brite is a brand name of electronic ballast. The Vari-ballast is a very specific one with some excellent features. These were suppose to sell for 650 when they were to be released. I actually have ALL BRIGHT 400/600 MH/HPS electronic ballasts. Bought them over a year ago. They are better than the fiction of the Vari-ballast.
NoS

Tonyton

N.O.S.,This is the web site I am going to order from.I am planning to get(3 600 watt ballast & 2 400's). This was/is the cheapest I could find on the net on over 40 sites I looked.truevisionhydroponics

Tonyton, Those look nice. I like the detactable cord plus they run on 120V. I will just have to bookmark the site. THanks for the link. That sounds like a nice setup, similar to my own. Great minds think alike. Good luck with them. Watcha goin' grow?

NoS

Tonyton

Great minds brother, as soon as i move i have a few that i am going to start out with befor the big show.

Blueberry X NL x G-13
K-2
HOG
Blue moon rocks

My house, in about three weeks or less will be sold, so it will take me about a month After befor i can start everything over again. Until then i guess i will be watching from the side lines.

Tonyton :lurk:

Nice selection

Nice selection

Yeah, I know about sitting on the sidelines. :badday: Long story about fraud and yours truly getting the shaft. Soon though. Building the genetics library. It's fun too.
Sounds like a nice selection of strains. Also looking forward to the performance of your digitial ballasts. I heard negatives on the HOG. Will be curious how your fare with it. Keep in touch. :joint:
NoS

Tonyton

N.O.S., As long as she (HOG) don't go hermie on me every thing will be A.O.K. If and when i start my breeding program, due to the HOG's traits will be fine for a couple X"s.
The one that i am excited about is the BB X NL X G-13, I had these beans the first day they hit the shelf. They were the highest beans($120.00)at the time of the Plural of G-13 collection from seedsdirect. I never saw or heard anyone say anything about these beans, not even a grow report. Never know, this just might be my signature strain. An maybe i can send you some of those X's your way along with my man kreat and anyone else who would like some.

Keep in touch, Tonyton :rasta:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
A wireless communications ability. Doesn't this mean that leo can drive around switching everyones ballast off remotely?

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Why drive around when they can just use the PO-PO182 satellite and do it from space?

Latest posts

Latest posts