What's new

Vaportek-any info, reviews??

hello to all Austrian growers!
I live close to Vienna (Bratislava) and was looking at the bushplanet website and found a product called Vaportek model Vacomp (Compact aircleaner) and because I grow smelly weed close to peoples apartments I really need something to neutralize/cover the odor that really works. I use a carbon filter and have filled all the gaps and cracks yet the smell still goes through 3 doors. Does anybody have any experience with Vaportek? Any reviews, comments would be appreciated. How well does it work? How long do the refill cartridges last? thx!

ff_liquid

I know one guy who uses it. He is very convinced. He had it on a shelf right next to the door. Eventhough the box was just 1m away from the door, you didn't smell anything in the next room.

As I understood it, you can adjust the device to several spray-rythms. Some spray more often, others only once every couple hours. I don't know exactly how long one cartridge lasts, but he said he needed one filling for one grow. It probably depends on how much you need it to spray to get your flat odor-free. The quantity of plants also of course.

I haven't tested it myself, but according to what he said, I'm seriously thinking about doing so.

best regards.

yes they work very well,

it doesn't 'spray'. the cartridges last about 2 months so it can get expensive replacing them. I usually keep the dial on 6.

edit: just re-read and noticed you said the Vacomp model. I'm not familiar with that. I wouldn't think it's big enough for an actual grow. The model i was referring to was the Vaportek Optimum 4000

The model you are referring to would be best in a bathroom or a room where you smoke bud in and you don't want the smell lingering.

Sundance

Here is a link for the Vaportek website

http://vaportek.com

I use the Vaportek 4000 ... works great ... 4-6 on the dial is fine ... each cartridge lasts about 3 months

Make sure your charcoal filters get changed once a year or so ... and you will no longer have a problem with odor from MJ

Replacing cartridges is not cheap - but its much better than the alternative

Sundance

my favorite aroma cartridges are the cherry, lemon, and currant. Or if you don't want a scent you can get the classic neutral cartridge. The vaportek neutralizes odors no matter what aroma you choose.

Many thanks for your replies.
My growroom is 2mx2mx2,5m and I have a NL 450m3 carbonfilter.
I had a look vaportek.com and they have a few choices/systems, unfortunately the Vacomp is only on the bushplanet site and not on the vaportek site. I think the vacomp or the vaportronic should be sufficient. I think I'll choose the lemon aroma to go with my Super Lemon Haze, lemon skunk pheno.
cheers and goodluck to the 2011 outdoor season!

moritzst

Hi there, i use a 420 m3 for one square, for ur room i d recommend at least 800 m3 but the more m3 the more control....
greez