What's new

vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
you could get an extremeQ for around $250 probably. or an older version extreme for sure for $200. these can be hooked up to a bong out of the box. can probably find a v-tower cheap.

da buddah seems to one of the most popular choice for cheap. could probably find a silver surfer for 200ish

the purple days has great reviews but is almost always sold out. you could get the pandora kit and build your own though

if you own a bunch of sick glass, you can get a vriptech for around $200 or look out for a herborizer.

good luck with that vapor king. I can't find much info on it.

check out fuckcombustion.com for extensive info on vaporizers

SuperHemp

da buddha vape with bong attachment.

I have never liked vapes due to them not getting me high the way i like to be high, but I just had to buy this after testing my buddys new SSV. If you're in the states you can get the DBV for $130 on eBay, no bong adapter though, that's $15 from 7th floor.. they might be able to throw one in if you buy one of their $130 on eBay, not sure. I paid $189 from 7th floor as i need the euro model, plus some extras like some extra hose and screens and the bong adapter.

My buddys SSV is malfunctioning straight from the producer which sucks (they are gonna take care of it tho) but if you load the wand up almost to the top it gets hot enough to vape properly... i vaped a gram of fine moroccan hashish, and it was so awesome. It tasted like pure, strong lemons, menthol, pepper and pine trees, the pine taste lingered for hours, and the high was so good compared to bong, it was pure intense euphoria floating on a cloud for hours, just like the first couple of times i smoked.

The very same hash in the bong the next day gave me an uneasy feeling and slight anxiety/paranoia, racy thoughts and general lazyness/hard munchies, I've been getting that a lot lately from smoking the bong, i thought it was the hash around here lately but how can the same hash have such a superior high when vaped? Even on a malfunctioning vape that doesn't heat up properly? There was some anxiety on the vape too but i was also in such an euphoric state that i just laughed at myself for how stupid my anxiety was and i just didn't care about anything, after that there was no more anxiety and just pure bliss!

I can't wait to get my DBV and try out vaping with a fully functioning heating element and the bong attachment, it should be awesome. I'm a convert...

KarmasWheele

Veteran
wtf is a bong attachment..........I have a pure glass 5mm tube with ice notches......diffused downsteam and a ash catcher thas diffused as well.........hits really smooth for a bong........but its a bong.........then I have the vapor king .......I have no clue what a bong attachment is or how to use one.....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im a happy owner of the Extreme Q and love it. I would put my money on quality. I have been using my unit for 2 years no problems. I fill me up a bag and I get nicely gonzo-ed

SuperHemp

wtf is a bong attachment..........I have a pure glass 5mm tube with ice notches......diffused downsteam and a ash catcher thas diffused as well.........hits really smooth for a bong........but its a bong.........then I have the vapor king .......I have no clue what a bong attachment is or how to use one.....

A bong attachment plugs into the hose on your vapor king and ends in a glass joint same size as your bong, so you can pull vapor through the bong to water cool and condense the vapor :)

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
annoying to clean the screen in tthe whip.

Remove the screen and clean it and the whip separately. Hold screen with needle nose pliers or tweezers and set it on fire. Scrape screen clean and reinsert into cleaned whip.

Secondly, let the man vape how he likes. If it's not combusting, he's still far better off. Higher temps allow you to draw much faster as well.

Maybe he would like to vape in a manner consistent with the technology. I can drive a nail with the handle of a hammer but, I can drive it better with the face. Using equipment in the manner it was intended provides superior results. THC may not convert to steam at 212ºF as water does but, does so at far less than 400º.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I set mine at 230c some times I will up it to 260 but even at 260 the bud does not ignite. Very nice unit would recomend to anyone.

Last edited:

Don Dump

Veteran

you can buy a piece like this http://www.vapeworld.com/vaporizer-parts/14mm-water-pipe-adapter and put it in end of your whip and plug it in your bong

also you could just hold your whip as is onto the bong's downstem, but its kind of annoying. put a rubber grommet on the mouthpiece to make it seal

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe he would like to vape in a manner consistent with the technology. I can drive a nail with the handle of a hammer but, I can drive it better with the face. Using equipment in the manner it was intended provides superior results. THC may not convert to steam at 212ºF as water does but, does so at far less than 400º.

Sorry, but running a vape at the lowest possible temperature for THC extraction is not the optimal use of the technology.

There are a whole range of aromatic terpenes and cannabinoids to be extracted if you want to produce the best effect, and targeting the lowest possible temperature for THC as you suggest will fail to extract them all.

Fortunately, actual scientists and doctors have researched this, so we don't have to rely on either of our opinions, though it turns out you're way wrong LOL

"Research using the vaporizer found the delivery efficiency highest at around 226 °C (439 °F), falling to about half efficiency at 150 °C (302 °F) to 180 °C (356 °F) degrees depending on material."

This is from wikipedia's article on vaporizers, and taken from the study published at - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16637053

You're blasting this guy like he is mentally challenged for running his vape at 3 degrees more than what is most efficient for extraction of active ingredients... Totally ridiculous.

Sounds like you've been hammering nails with a screwdriver or something ;)

KarmasWheele

Veteran
and thats the thing I tried it at a lower temp........and found the hit tasted way better at the higher temp...........but all in all Im sticking with the bong...........Ill use the vape when my lungs need a rest.......

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you have to keep in mind that allot of that smoke from the bog is crap carbon and carcinogens. That's why you fell like its better but it really is not. this is a bag I fill looks like smoke in there but it's not it's all vap.

picture.php

picture.php

Don Dump

Veteran
I vape at what most consider a low temp for the taste and the clear headed effect. I don't feel I'm missing anything I care about. it depends on what kind of effect your looking for. some people like their cucumbers pickled.

also you start to vape other shit like benzene and whatnot at higher temps

have you seen this list of temps before? https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=188278

here is a nice vapor cloud (bho is tasty) the flash makes it highly visible

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im a bong guy too, bro.
1st hit tastes great then slowly degrades till it tastes like plastic....buzz feels different.
welcome to vaping!!!

Could prolly drive over a Buddha with my car and be fine.

i have a friend that actually ran over his volcano with his car, and it still worked. to be honest, it worked better than my not runned over volcano.... same dial settings and everything. he sent it to the distributor in oakland (i think thats what he said) for repair and they didnt want to repiar it they wanted to keep it and send him a new one and use his as an example of how tough the volcanoes are.

i am glad they have retained their value... i havent used mine in a year though... glad i have the hardshell locking case to store it in haha. when my wife starts burning again (after the baby's weened) she'll be using it though for sure.

and thats the thing I tried it at a lower temp........and found the hit tasted way better at the higher temp...........but all in all Im sticking with the bong...........Ill use the vape when my lungs need a rest.......

like i said welcome to vaping hahaha
wheres my roor? lol

O

OrganicOzarks

I have access to many vapse for free, and i still choose to use glass. I just spent $250 on a new glass hand piece. Sounds crazy right? I think that vapes completly strip away all of the flavor pallet of the herb. That vapor king runs about $20 wholesale. They work, but they are not a quality product. I Have a lot of experience with vaporite vaporizers. They are cheap in price, but we have had good luck with them. If you search around you will find people online selling them for near wholesale price. Somewhere in the $60 range for a digital wood vape. I still can't say i would ever use a vape again though. I look at it like smoking mexican brick weed.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I HAD THE COMPLETE DIFFERANT EXPERIENCE THE TASTE TO ME IS BETTER. I GET THE FULL FLAVOR OF WHAT EVER BUD IM USING. EVERYONE IS DIFFERANT AND FOR ME IT ONLY ADDS TO THE TASTE. FOR ME IT TASTSE WAY BETTER.

O

OrganicOzarks

I HAD THE COMPLETE DIFFERANT EXPERIENCE THE TASTE TO ME IS BETTER. I GET THE FULL FLAVOR OF WHAT EVER BUD IM USING. EVERYONE IS DIFFERANT AND FOR ME IT ONLY ADDS TO THE TASTE. FOR ME IT TASTSE WAY BETTER.

Do you grow and smoke hydro, or organic buds? I can only speak for myself like you said. I also only grow in organic soil. To me you get the correct flavors, and odors from soil, and smoke. But that is me, and everyone is completly different. I have friends who grow hydro, and I won't even touch their herb. They think I am crazy. I think that i may be the only sane one in the lot.:)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
organic only

thats basically what i said we are not the same and i loved the taste and experience

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im a bong guy too, bro.

like i said welcome to vaping hahaha
wheres my roor? lol

Honestly man, I think bag vapes suck. I'm not surprised at all to hear your volcano sits on the shelf.

For us bong guys tho, you should check out the Vrip Heat Wand...

IMO, it is the best hitting vape on the market, and you hit it directly through your glass, so you're chalking up the bong and clearing it just like you used to, but with no tar involved.

It really gives superior hits to every other vape I've tried, and I've tried just about all the best ones available at the moment.

If I take a normal hit now, all I can taste is tar and stuff - totally gross!

I didn't mention it before, as it would be too expensive for the threadstarter, but as far as vapes in general go, it is by far the best in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts