What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vaping with disposable pens - One take on it so far

Vape pen fan here. Brass Knuckles, Spliffin, Sativas both just okay.
Raw Garden Indicas Now we're talking.
I'v talked to a few people that say that vaping doesn't get them high.
I do get a more intense high just bonging buds. There are times and places where that is not possible. One can vape discretely. Only once was I called out I claimed nicotine that was it.
I did the reusable rechargeable battery style. With a half gram cartridge. Full gram carts get a bad taste near the end.

Last edited:
S

sativaking

Anyone else have a slight green tinge to your pee after vaping large amounts? seems ot happen to me.

packerfan79

Veteran
I bought 1 for a vegas trip. Damn thing barely worked. Never bought another. It did get me pretty high when it worked. used to buy the brass knuckles and the stizzys but only to sell. Haven't bought any since the whole health scare a few months back.

I am not in Canada, so probably different there

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I bought 1 for a vegas trip. Damn thing barely worked. Never bought another. It did get me pretty high when it worked. used to buy the brass knuckles and the stizzys but only to sell. Haven't bought any since the whole health scare a few months back.

I am not in Canada, so probably different there

Not
Disposables are definitely not the way to go. Known in the vaping world as "autos", they don't have the necessary umf! Not a biggy for me as I'm a vaper, so I simply buy cartridges and fill them myself, using my std vape equipment as a power source. Mind you, I also use a "dry herb" vaporizer for my flowers.

bigAl25

Veteran
They come in real handy for all the non smoking environments we find ourselves in now. Have used both the disposal and vape carts. Funny thing is my CA purchased vape carts were $35 each 1/2 gram. Fucking Illinois charges $70 plus their outlandish tax, now a $90 1/2 gram vape cart. My lungs deserve the approved tested carts, so I pay what they charge. It's fuckin fun to drive over the Wabash river and buy legally, fuck my home state.

packerfan79

Veteran
They come in real handy for all the non smoking environments we find ourselves in now. Have used both the disposal and vape carts. Funny thing is my CA purchased vape carts were $35 each 1/2 gram. Fucking Illinois charges $70 plus their outlandish tax, now a $90 1/2 gram vape cart. My lungs deserve the approved tested carts, so I pay what they charge. It's fuckin fun to drive over the Wabash river and buy legally, fuck my home state.

Black market carts are 10-15$ in my little corner of California, if you know where to go. Bho can be found for 10-15 a gram. I know a few guys that make their own. It's totally flooded here.

California tax is pretty bad like 40 % I think, it just went up in January. I assume that is why I get so many requests for carts. The just don't want to get someone sick for a few dollars, even if they are asking for it.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Bought the San Rafael tangerine dream . . . [snip] . . . 1-2 hits your good. 3-5 hits your flyin.

I bought the same strain but in the rechargeable version. And I came to the same result as you. It takes 15 minutes to 'come on' but you do get there. Pretty short lived though, but that is sativas & me anyway . . . :rasta:

S

sativaking

F the disposable bs get some rosin and a peak.

Yes but no one wants to spend 10 grand on a peak machine. Something like cartridges should be fine to use.....vape cartridges should be fine they are being unprofessional by making them shit.

Tynehead Tom

I'm not much for the vape pens for getting high though I do use a vape pen for nicotene, unflavored.

While I'm not knocking those who do use the vape pens for concentrates, it's just not for me. I enjoy quality hash in a stone pocket pipe I made 30 years ago and I like to spliff it into joints. For Oil , I spread it on a paper to spice up a doobie or I drip it on to hot charcoal with a glass ball over top that has a inhaling tube.... I also use this method for rosin when it's around.

so add me into the "meh" lot LOL