What's new

Vape Pens, are they up to it?... "Good enough".

Mr_Grimbo

bottom line is I feel that although pen technology is not quite there, it's way close enough for me and the crowd I frequent. Discretion is very valuable since we spend a lot of time with other peoples families, and not everybody wants to explain to their kids what we are doing in the van.. Now we just stand right there in the tent or at the gathering a few feet removed, and get blasted... So, do some homework, and grab one for yourself... doesn't matter which one.

In my opinion and so I don't get in trouble, I will list a few that I think "you can't go wrong with".. you can do your own homework from there and decide which one best fits your needs..

Gentlemans, pricy, I think about 150 delivered, biggest benefit is it holds a lot, you can load .75 g and last a week..., has the kind of tank I prefer for stable oils, low resistance, low mounted ceramic, ss tube etc. I feel that this is the best cartridge system, some of the others have it too, noted below. The gentlemens looks to be nicely put together and has a nice graphic, etc..

Essential Oiler, same as above only a bit less pricy, delivered for about 130 us, comes with two complete pens. Has the "ideal" cartridge setup listed above, might be a bit more plain than the one above.

Atmos Raw, has top heating element, doesn't hold as much as gentelmans or the essential oiler, but still similar. Can be ordered for under 80 dollars and from what I can see other than the smaller payload should do the trick. It has the higher mounted element, similar to a gpen listed below.

Yukon's rig, if you can find it
smile.gif
80 bucks gets you two pens, both with the "ideal" cartridge and a couple extra goodies. Best deal if you can find it
smile.gif
he is not a retailer.

Ego C or ego A, good pricing, lots' of options for cartridges I think it's the A cartridge (look for the *A Pen*) with the top element glass style cartridge for stable oils, check first though. 130-150 US Retail

Note:
All of the above are based on the 510 series threading, and are pretty much interchangeable with each other. The best setup in my opinion is a low resistance, bottom mounted ceramic coil, with a stainless steel tube cartridge, all screwed into a 510 series battery such as the gentlemans, essential, or yukon models but don't get me wrong, the only real negative with the others listed above, is payload size.... There are several options available from pass through you can smoke and charge, to variable output... All should do the job in my opinion in most general cases..

Another option or two are the GPens. The first issue you will hear about is the parts and threads are not interchangeable with the more popular 510 series threads the kits above fit.. However, you can get a small adapter for a couple dollars if you want to and it's not a clunky big thing either, just a small ring. Another "downside?" is the standard GPen cartridge is for liquids or oils like ecig juice. To use the gpen effectively with stable oils you need to buy the glass and nail tank for an additional 50 bucks, it is basically the same as the top ceramic cartridges I noted for some of the kits above, and like the ones above, do the trick, small loads... . I got my kit with a couple extra glass sleeves (this is a weak spot, I have broken one in one month, $5 US). for under 150 US bought from a local brick and mortar operation I support. I have no issues with it at all, in fact, I love it and so do the others on my team.

I have not used the Cloud or the GPen Micro but I am well versed in these things, I have seen both myself, and talked to several friends who are pleased with theirs. You get two complete in the kit for about 130 US.

So, my opinion is if vaping will help you go out and just buy one.. As far as I am concerned although the technology is out there, and remembering anybody can get a lemon... I think on an entry level, any of the above units will do just fine for stable oils such as earwax, oil, or anything else suitable for dabbing...

HTH

Mr. Grimbo

I went the ego-c twist route, just shopping around for the right atomizer. I have some LR type a heads and bodies that should be here today that I am going to try. I tried the cheaper LR atomizers and still get a funky taste sometimes. Hopefully the modular genuine joye ones will perform a little better. The battery life on the 1000 maH twist is insane though. I use it with e-liquid carto's as well for my nicotine. I haven't charged the battery in 3 days and still going strong, the light hasn't even gone blue yet (indicating 50% power)!

Mr_Grimbo

Great, I didn't want to write much more about the mix and match as I hadn't tried it myself yet. Keep us posted on the cartridge stuff, it's where I find my experience lacking most. Thanks.

Mr. Grimbo

O

OrganicOzarks

All the ones I have tried sucked. I don't think they are there yet on the technology. Maybe in a year they will be there.

RUvapedDOTcom....................or 710penDOTcom guys.......ceramic bowl atomizers......drop .1 or .5..........I dont like the liquid CE4 style carts cuz you gotta liquify ur concentrate using VG or PG both have a taste and something I dont like smoking. The ceramic bowl styles are the shit IMHO......I take big dabs and have a good set of lungs.......The 710pen Mcart or the RUvaped ceramic bowls are identical and work great. I have been using the same cart for over a month......just cleaned it and tossed it to a homie to use while he waits for his new ones to come. Both work on 510 or ego style batteries.

I can load a nice tictac size piece of wax and get 2 huge hits and then some smaller ones....keep the bowl and tiny wick thing moist with oil and it keeps hitting. I like to put a small dab on every once in a while.....but I also take up to .3-.5 and put it in there and it lasts a good while.

Tech is getting better.....soon I feel a nice Ti bowl with a larger heating element is coming.

Also check out Dabmaster 710 before you go buy a cloud or microG......Dabmaster says their atomizers are made with Ti metal and in the USA vs the Micro G has steel in it! NO Bueno.........also the DM710 prices are good.....60 bux for two complete pens....and the atomizers are like 9 dollars when you buy 5 or 10.

They arent a huge investment.....and like said before.....tech is getting better and better. I tried the Atmos when it first came out......it was ok........the new Mcart and Ruvaped ceramic bowls are def a step up.

PS if you want you can just grab ANY ego C, T, W, twist whatever and just grab a 5pack of atomizers from either site.....bam good to go.

Last edited:

palmero

What do you intend to smoke?

What do you intend to smoke?

The liquids are made of : VG/PG/MIX/w/wo/Aroma/Nikotine
IMHO u cannot smoke solid stuff or oils other then PG/VG based properly dilluted with these pens.
Just converted from cigs 2 e-cigs.
Worked for me, now smoking without industrial shit..(search a little)...........
We have a nice thread here

icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=195680

But it takes long time to prepare the Canna Tincture.

Look for atomizers you can revise and clean, IMIST is a good choice,or vivi nova. This is the "weak point".

Variable Voltage and Wattage! vv/vw.
could be an option.

Research the e-cig forums to get some ideas.

Peace and good luck
Inform us about Your progress.

:tiphat:

The liquids are made of : VG/PG/MIX/w/wo/Aroma/Nikotine
IMHO u cannot smoke solid stuff or oils other then PG/VG based properly dilluted with these pens.
Just converted from cigs 2 e-cigs.
Worked for me, now smoking without industrial shit..(search a little)...........
We have a nice thread here

icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=195680

But it takes long time to prepare the Canna Tincture.

Look for atomizers you can revise and clean, IMIST is a good choice,or vivi nova. This is the "weak point".

Variable Voltage and Wattage! vv/vw.
could be an option.

Research the e-cig forums to get some ideas.

Peace and good luck
Inform us about Your progress.

:tiphat:

By "pens" do mean liquid carts? Because like I posted before I put solid wax,shatter, sap whatever you have and load it right into my atomizer and get clouds of wonderful tasting pure wax from my pen. Curious as to your blanket statement on not being able to use "solids" with the pens. I do all day long......also check utube.....lots of people using them and loving them.

I dont smoke cigs or use it for anything else but my homemade wax and shatter etc.......no liquid carts here just the ceramic bowls blowing clouds at the push of a button.

Mr_Grimbo

By "pens" do mean liquid carts? Because like I posted before I put solid wax,shatter, sap whatever you have and load it right into my atomizer and get clouds of wonderful tasting pure wax from my pen. Curious as to your blanket statement on not being able to use "solids" with the pens. I do all day long......also check utube.....lots of people using them and loving them.

I dont smoke cigs or use it for anything else but my homemade wax and shatter etc.......no liquid carts here just the ceramic bowls blowing clouds at the push of a button.

Yes, I am talking about stable oils here for my purposes. Palmero has a good post but I don't intend to mix vg or pg into my wax/stable oils. Coco, and Bull...have the right idea as to where I am going with my next setup.. Thanks all for the great info so far Palmero, Bull, and Coco. Sorry to the guy who has had bad luck, but I suggest he try one of the setups those three have, all have the 510 interchangeability and the type of preferred cartridge setup...

Keep the good reviews coming. So far I still think the 510 battery , any one of them, and the low resistance, ceramic bottom element at the bottom of a ss tube is the best setup going for stable oils.

I am still using the glass tank G-Pen and it's great for travel, but I wish I had the setup above, and next time I buy one I will. Also intend to do a little more searching on the micro someone mentioned above, I think it was coco, sorry can't remember,

Thanks again for adding to the thread, and adding to my personal knowledge base:)

Mr. Grimbo

im gonna have to grab one of these STAINLESS tube style with a ceramic element. I saw the one RumpWax was repping on utube......like the one you just mentioned. Having to load a bunch in there to "preload" it sounds a little bit much but if they can last all week or even a few days it sounds worth trying out.

Grimbo....you mind dropping a link or two of your favorite attachment(s)?

RU vaped has both the ceramic bowl style im rocking right now and they have the new GLOBE attachment. its like a ceramice bowl/nail hybrid.......and allows you to see your clouds in a glass globe develope. Pretty cool looking at the very least.

Kushed_

I have an RUVaped pen with the ceramic skillet. I use it exclusively for my super melt ice water hash. It works perfect for my product. The battery lasts alot longer than I thought it would. I have the micro model in black, and it is very stealthy. You can use it almost anywhere.

OGShush

I've got an Omicron and I'm pretty pleased with it. It's not my daily driver, but for discretion when travelling it can't be beat. It's on the pricey side ($120ish?) but the customer service is great and the owners pretty active on forums. There's a bit of a learning curve but once you develop the right breathing technique you can get a milk shot that'll make your eyes water. If you don't get the hang of it you end up with some pretty unsatisfying little clouds that don't tickle your throat. I've had mine for almost a year now and the only problem I've had are needing to replace the rechargeable batteries. Usually a gram or two and a few batteries keeps me medicated at the in-laws for a long weekend. The only time it's ever leaked was when I put more than a gram in at once.

I think that vape pens are almost there. Once everyone gets over the initial wave of rebranded e cigarette parts and the market thins out we'll see some money get funneled into research and development. I think the Omicron is close, it lets u pre- load up to a gram at once, has decent battery life, and gives satisfying hits.

Lebniis

Any experience here with the Vaporall?

I have a friend with one and it works pretty well. Not sure about long term use, the heating element inside looks pretty fragile. A spring, with two wicks connecting to it... Can't find pictures of the inside, here is a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vaporall-V-...WDVW&rd=1&ih=006&category=175745&cmd=ViewItem

If I were to get one, I think this might be it. I don't like the idea of making my own mixtures, I would rather have a pen that can be loaded straight with oil and is fairly easy to clean.

Mr_Grimbo

Any experience here with the Vaporall?

I have a friend with one and it works pretty well. Not sure about long term use, the heating element inside looks pretty fragile. A spring, with two wicks connecting to it... Can't find pictures of the inside, here is a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vaporall-V-...WDVW&rd=1&ih=006&category=175745&cmd=ViewItem

If I were to get one, I think this might be it. I don't like the idea of making my own mixtures, I would rather have a pen that can be loaded straight with oil and is fairly easy to clean.

Most of the ones with a spring and two wicks or similar (any wick type) are made for unstable oils or vg/pg mixes similar to the juice you use in an electric cigarette. That is not the type of cartridge you want, you want one made for stable oils. Some of the wick types can be modified by taking out the wick, but I think the omicron, gentelmans, essential oiler, tex, graywolf types are what you should be looking for. They are made for stable oils like wax and others. Second choice is an Omicron, Gpen with glass tank, or eGoC battery with the Kangar cartridge.. etc. My point is, it's my opinion that the one you listed above, is for e cig juice, not for stable oils..

Mr. Grimbo

touringfunkband

Also check out Dabmaster 710 before you go buy a cloud or microG......Dabmaster says their atomizers are made with Ti metal and in the USA vs the Micro G has steel in it! NO Bueno.........also the DM710 prices are good.....60 bux for two complete pens....and the atomizers are like 9 dollars when you buy 5 or 10.

Where did you read about the dabmaster having Ti in the cartridges? Haven't seen any mention of that anywhere?

Where did you read about the dabmaster having Ti in the cartridges? Haven't seen any mention of that anywhere?
When I was looking around the other night at atomizers and dif pens I saw it saying that the gpen micro uses steel........it was on a 10pack listing of the atomizers on eghey. Now all I can find is single and double listings. I def read it though. Weird.....

WildHare

Just puchased the GPen Micro. Loving it so far with my homemade wax. Works great once you get the hang of how much to fill in the rez and how to pull it. Comes with 2 micros and all parts replaceable. Worth the $95. Fully rechargeable and usb adaptable. Stoked.

ogatec2

ego-c battery with the kanger 510 horizontal cart..do a search on google for "how-buy-portable-bho-vaporizer-pen-under-50" and it will lead you to a thread by "thenewguy' that will explain everything

all those commercial ones "made" for oil are ripoffs...

foaf

Veteran
the one exception to the rip off issue, IMO, is the gentlemansvapes 510 cartridge. They come in a two pack for $24 . Certainly something of a rip off, but they are shorter, so you can get oil in easily (you can also dremmel off a Kanger to do this), they are ceramic and nichrome with no solder for less chance of contamination, and they are long life so you can refill them a bunch of times and supposedly soak in ethanol if they gum up. I like them very much and have a pile of them. Gentlemansvapes

norcal_sourD

Heard bad stuff about the Thermavape pen my neighbor has, but once we learned how to load and puff it properly, I LOVE that thing. Has usb charger extra cartomizers or whatever they're called and I believe it came with extra battery as well. Takes very little at a time, very efficient with cough inducing puff capabilities....