What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vanilla Kush (BF), XXX (MG)/LED 230W/LST/ScrOG/Flowering

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
High Class work into this thread man, plants looks so healthy , led going astounding ..can't wait for more update, keep tha great job up !!!

Snuff

Day: 57, 12/12 bloom: 9

Leaves gradually increase in volume after defoliating. In the last photo the main cola of XXX, it will be periodically measured to better represent the dynamics of growth.

ion

hell yea man, thatsa great set of girls you got there....and your grow looks very well done....have you had a chance to ever try the vanilla kush? i grew it out this summer, kept it in a small pot, yielded around 15gram....very good smoke. my fav indica now.....however, my last 3gram bud developed mold in the jar...no idea...anyhoot, good luck and take those girls to the finish

klint

Veteran
Snuff very nice setup man ! If U will have some time. Make some upgrade :) Good Luck Bro ! :joint:

Snuff

Day: 60, 12/12 bloom: 12

The second day plants grow on 10/14, before was a week on 11/13 but Vanilla Kush still shows no signs of flowering. After VK starts blooming I'll put them on 12/12 again.

Yesterday again removed leaves above the scrog that blocked light from lower buds.

Finally made some switches on the two lines of diodes each, a total of 6 switches on the 12 lines of diodes. Each switch off about 17% of the light.
Turned off 6 lines of diodes (50%) because light was sizzling for central shoots: leaves small and narrow, the tips of young leaves are dry, buds with yellowed stigmas.

For comparison, here are two pictures - a top of the main cola of XXX (located in the center of the box) and a top of the cola of XXX, located in the corner. It is clearly seen which of them looks fresh and healthy. Luminous flux in the corner is 1.6 times weaker than the center. That is why I turned off 50% of the light - it was excessive for my plants and they almost stop the growth. You can read about this problem here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3955901&postcount=126

Snuff

Day: 66, 12/12 bloom: 18

Vanilla Kush began to show the first signs of the long-awaited flowering - stigmas on tops are appeared.

To speed up growth of the plants I made a simple CO2 generator based on sugar, yeast and water.

G

green_land

looking forward to see more pictures with your grow, any updates? :D

peace

Snuff

Day: 69, 12/12 bloom: 21

Day: 74, 12/12 bloom: 26

sapogovvalera, да, цветет уже. В целом рост бошек медленный. Или лампа лажовая, или дефолиация подорвала так силы растения.

BoomBoom

Wow perfectionist cab! How you liking that brand of led and why you chose them? You think it's a little overkill for space? 660 wavelength is more for flowering right? Any updates?

Snuff

Day: 96, 12/12 bloom: 48

I have measured PAR output of my LED lamp with PPFD meter. The result is shown on the pictures below. Values in micromoles / m ² / sec.

It is known that the ideal level of light flux in the PAR range for cannabis is 1300-1500 micromol / m ² / sec.

light.png

Photosynthetic Response of Cannabis sativa L. to Variations in photosynthetic photon flux densities, temperature and CO2 conditions.
http://www.olemiss.edu/~suman/PhysiologyandMol.Biol.2008.pdf

light2.png

Thidiazuron-induced high-frequency direct shoot organogenesis of Cannabis sativa L.

In my grow box, if I measure at the center, 1500 micromoles / m ² / s is achieved at a distance of 18 cm (7") from the lamp. At a distance of 13.5 cm (5.3") luminous flux as at the sun - 2000 micromoles / m ² / s, if we move PPFD meter close to the lamp, unit exceeds its limit of measurement (2000 micromoles / m ² / s).

1961 micromoles / m ² / s

1506 micromoles / m ² / s

828 micromoles / m ² / s

1210 micromoles / m ² / s