What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vacuum-Sealed Weed

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Love that mega box, there are a few available in different shops that have the separate neoprene/silicone rubber seal and these seem to work way better than the original standard tupperware which doesn't have any.

MountZionCollec

Hey skunkman have u seen the "fog" in vacuum sealed bags compared to jars? I get the idea but I have sealed lots of bags still in the cure state and have never seen any fog/condensation form while doing it

Levitationofme

Chamber vacuum sealer

Chamber vacuum sealer

Thought, when using a chamber vacuum sealer and sealing in a glass or plastic container should the flowers be heavily chilled.
When the pressure gets very low, the remaining water might boil out to a degree.
It could destroy some cell structure. Might be a problem when jar is opened.
And exposed to oxygen.

I have seen products to flavor the smoke. I think you could get away with far less
If you lightly spray buds, then put in chamber vacuum machine and run a cycle

Sort of a vacuum marination

krood

I used a vacuum sealer last year, and stored it all in the freezer for about three months, when ii took them out, i let them sit until they were thawed, then i opened the bags and transferred the buds to jars and jept them there until they were smoked. The flowers fluffed back up on their own, and i thought the taste/smell was better. This year im looking into storing even longer term

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Thought, when using a chamber vacuum sealer and sealing in a glass or plastic container should the flowers be heavily chilled.
When the pressure gets very low, the remaining water might boil out to a degree.
It could destroy some cell structure. Might be a problem when jar is opened.
And exposed to oxygen.

I have seen products to flavor the smoke. I think you could get away with far less
If you lightly spray buds, then put in chamber vacuum machine and run a cycle

Sort of a vacuum marination

They don't create a true vacuum. They shut off at a certain pressure. It's just meant to displace air space so there's less in there. It's not trying strong enough to make water boil at room temp. Lol. It's just sucking excess air out to decrease volume and air.
Seriously. Lol. It's just fucking weed guys it ain't a newborn baby. You're just putting it in a bag and sucking air out. That is all. Not a high pressure vacuum chamber. Just a way to make freezer items small and have less air to oxidize food so it stays a lil fresher a lil longer.

Have fun and don't spend more than it took growing to store it. It stays nice and fresh in any container that's air tight cool and dark. It's better than a t. Bag. it's still just a plastic bag. More than adequate.

If you want to really do some next level storage use a bottle of compressed nitrogen and a regulator turned down low and a handheld trigger actuated nozzle that you would use to spray air to clean off a shop table of saw dust or to fill a tire. Puff the bag then push air out repeat and then push enough air out to get it to close and heat seal. You could vacuum at that point too. The remaining air in bag will have next to zero oxygen. Will store way longer and probably look fresh as the day you sealed it for crazy long time if you keep in refrigerator or freezer.

Levitationofme

Actually I love the nitrogen idea best, very cool.
The. Chamber vacuum machine I have access to is industrial and can pull a vacuum
No problem. It's not made for pulling out butane. Or sealing a steak at home.

When I pull vacuum on a steak, blood is drawn out and the air in it boils out.
When sealing liquids they must be chilled or they will overflow.
I was wondering if there were any similarly but, it seems I'm way over thinking the whole thing.

I love playing with liquid nitrogen

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
just saw this and will throw in some 3rd party info. I have friend that works at potato chip factory. I asked him about them using nitrogen in the bags of chips. I had heard that they do this to keep them fresh and crisp.

He told me that thy dont use nitrogen and there has been a lot of debates in the food industry wether or not it actually helps preserve any longer than simply removing the oxygen.
I have no real data but it made sense that the food industry would study this because they dont want to waste time or money using nitrogen if they dont need to.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I did not really vacuum bags, we used a Nitrogen flush and just sucked the extra air out of the bag no where near vacuum. I saw it with large glass jars vacuumed a lot.
-SamS

Hey skunkman have u seen the "fog" in vacuum sealed bags compared to jars? I get the idea but I have sealed lots of bags still in the cure state and have never seen any fog/condensation form while doing it

LostTribe

Premium user
I usually just leave mine in tupperware which gives a great taste but I loose a lot of flavor once they dry a lot so I am thinking to seal some of my tupperware inside vac bags for long term storage.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'm going to try packing some in jars in an atmosphere of argon, like i use when TIG welding to remove any traces of oxygen. the oxidation of the THC is allegedly what breaks it (and everything else) down. maybe argon in jars with weed, then put jar in vacuum sealed bag?

Latest posts

Latest posts