What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Utility guy says transformer needs replacing due to high use

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I google earthed your house, I'm going to drive by your place in a white ford pick up within the next 3 hours,watch for me,I'll pretend I don't know you..

DrFever

Veteran
Bottom line any electric company can see the usage a person uses and can identify a grow with so many links on the internet these days showing light schedules it really wouldn't take long
for instance my parents place is older wiring diagram copper lines etc my father was telling me about a call he got that they wanted to check out his plug ins as there appears to be more usage possibly short when i was over i noticed the pungent smell of MJ the tpical grow style its a few houses away .
Although they are using this excuse to come into and really snoop around or possibly try to force a new electrical upgrade which is rather expensive
i called the company and mentioned WTF there are much older houses on other areas and your possibly forcing a retired person on a pension who has been a customer of yours for well over 50 +years to go and fuck your self if you think i will allow this and trust me people ....
power bill is below normal talking 140 bucks a month if that
So what i gather is there seeing power being used lots and breaking it down to few houses close around my fathers house so just saying
they will use any means they can to fake you into believing they need to come into your house

Space Toker

Veteran
"said the police allow him to trespass on private property to promote solar"

Umm....

yeah that's what I thought too, but my bro said he mentioned
later that this guy mentioned several people we know the names of, either he was parking in front of several mailboxes and jotting down names, he was an undercover that knew who we knew, or most likely he can be taken at face value.

When I questioned my bro on why the cop comment was no big deal (he is the opposite of me and thinks things are a huge string of coincidences and nothing more, and sometimes says more than he should), he said he was brand new at this and nervous...

he probably saw my bro in his cammo hunting jacket and well, he can be an angry raging PITA and seem like a crazed angry fool at times, but thank God for my bro! He can stare you down and intimidate you, and that guy prob thought he was going to get shot and was intimidated! :D

The guy said "I don't want to lose you" and was pushing to come up in 2 days to "talk numbers", but my bro said "don't come up again, I will call you" and he took off! :D He was trying to push residential systems and I guess my bro mentioned that we were thinking about inquiring about the possibility of a small solar farm, he said we'd need a certain transformer, something with the number 3 in it, and it didn't sound hopeful that this was possible.

He mentioned our average dollar usage per month (I wished he hadn't, but like I said before some everyday people easily use this much and like someone guessed 4k is the most used) and the guy said "that much?! you will need a larger system and my bro must have mentioned an off grid system because the guy came up with a rough guess of $85k cost minus 30% rebates.

I came to the window not knowing this guy was there, and he didn't seem to see me but seemed like a fairly big and handsome college kid to me, not someone who would be easily intimidated, but my bro is a force of nature and drives me nuts making all kinds of crazy enraged comments about people in front of us in traffic that are irritating him and what he would like to do with them. So maybe he did make him worry a bit. Anyway, I don't think it's too much of a big deal, they can't force you to go solar after all (even though I'd love to, can't right now).
I google earthed your house, I'm going to drive by your place in a white ford pick up within the next 3 hours,watch for me,I'll pretend I don't know you..
Great, just stop at the bottom of the hill and flash your lights 3 times so I know you are cool, then come up and we can share some smoke and good vibes! Otherwise my bro is liable to shoot you! ;)

Oh great DrFever, that is reassuring! :D I did think that they may be looking for excuses too though, I mean other than the occasional Jehovah's Witness and Thanksgiving Boy Scouts leaving a bag for collecting dry goods and the once a year hay cutting, no one has come up here since the 80's, now all this activity all of a sudden? But I think I have been reading too much into things. Hopefully a string of coincidences as my bro keeps saying.

Space Toker

Veteran
With all due respect it wasn't that long ago that you found a dead bird on your property and thought that it could lead to your downfall...

Just something to think about.

A dead goldfinch in the birdbath and me thinking it was a disease outbreak it wasn't? Or the hawk that killed itself against the window and had a band and was worried that reporting the band would lead to an investigation on the cause of death of a protected species? Yeah they never got back to us, would have really liked to know the life history of that bird, but knew he was banded in NJ several years prior. I never remember mentioning it would involve my "downfall", maybe an investigation to prove what were saying was true, and yes I may have speculated if they drew the wrong conclusion there that they could have investigated further which if it happened to its extreme could have lead to unintended discoveries... but I think I made clear that was an extreme long shot, not that I was worried about my imminent downfall.

waveguide

Veteran
ey

i don't want to get involved or have you base decisions on my input so much

but i will tell you - the law isn't always good.

case in point - there is a widely reported activity (i am both a victim and a networker) "organised stalking" which is basically where some douchebag decides you're not the kind of person they want in their country, and they get the local FUSION center on you. people start fucking with your property, fucking with you when you go places. doing stupid shit to bug you - shit that would sound crazy if you told anyone.

standard procedure for "domestic counterintelligence"

For months, it turned out, an agent was assigned to steal her baby stroller and covertly let the air out of her bicycle tires when she went grocery shopping with her two toddlers. "If I had told anyone at the time that the Stasi was giving me flat tires, they would have laughed at me," she says. "It was a way to discredit people, make them seem crazy. I doubted my own sanity sometimes."

http://www.wired.com/politics/security/magazine/16-02/ff_stasi?currentPage=all

i don't know your situ and i don't want to spend all day reading about it trying to judge you. not my job. but be aware - they fuck with you, then they jeer at you for talking about such crazy things. the goal is to weaken you slowly and make it look like you go down by yourself.

if the guy says "high" use, maybe it's to fuck with you. maybe it's just coincidence. anyway, good luck, and be aware.. some ppl are mofos, but that's all they got... they will try to make you destroy yourself from fear rather than do anything themselves. maybe scale back your op, think about giving them less "opportunities" and remain cognisant of possible strategies. and maintain a casual, happy outlook.

leaving dead animals on the property.. killing plants, trivial shit are very common but of course don't necessarily indicate anything. it's a psychological campaigning technique.

vostok

Veteran
Your're safe...! utility guys do like to goof around some, and for chopper activity get an 'air' band radio...so you can hear what they say too ...lol

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After long study I have concluded that at any given time 37.23% of people are in my way...

Space Toker

Veteran
well, no utility guys but strange dogs on our property and someone unseen whistling to them in the AM, then in the PM hear sirens. We were going out anyway, so we drive about a mile down the road and 2 local cops from neighboring towns were side by side, blocking the road and one of them had flashing lights on. They neither approached us nor moved, but just kept blocking the road. We turned around in a driveway and as we were in the driveway, one left and the flashing one remained. We looped around and came back and both were gone. We are near the border of 2 towns and one of them was from that town, but the other was from the town on the other side of ours, at least 4 miles away. That they were on this rural road and not a cop from our own town seemed odd to say the least. And yes I know the law is rarely good or right, that it protects and aids the powerful at everyone else's expense. I have no use for the law to say the least. My sentiments may or may not shock you so I won't go there, except to say I hate them with a passion!

Space Toker

Veteran
Well after a couple more creepy visits and freaky aircraft activity off and on and seeing a Homeland Security SUV just several miles from my place, all is well. They finally came and replaced the pole. They came the next day and replaced the transformer. I was worried an hour or so without electricity and therefore no odor control for that time would lead to epic problems, but did not notice an increase in smell even in the house.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
sucked into the Matrix

sucked into the Matrix

Wtf? Homeland security? For that? That's not normal .are you sure or are you just stoned? Lol

I was just thinking the same thing.:biggrin:

If what SP is observing is true (and I do believe him) something interesting might just be going on in his little corner of the world.

..... something that doesn't have anything to do with him but something he's unknowingly stumbled upon or into.

Like maybe he's observing activity involving something that has to be kept an eye on, military/infrastructure/communications?

Space Toker

Veteran
yeah I am not worried it had anything to do with me (although I considered it for a brief instant), but this is the first time I ever saw one of those vehicles and may have been witnessing something interesting. I know the guy at a nearby shop that sells bullets says they come in and buy up all 22 bullets so no one else can get them, WTF for I don't know.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ dude! just read this thread thru and you seem to worry alot. maybe lighten up on the sativa for a while and smoke indy instead. ;) (playfully said and not intended to insult) but seriously, you worry alot! try finding .22 ammo -anywhere- it is very scarce nowadays and people in every state buy it up all the time. this is nothing unique to your locale at all imho. they are not buying it up to keep others from buying them, no one has enough money to keep guns and ammo out of the hands of others - not in the U.S.

the two cops? munching on Dunkins' and shooting the shit somewhere where they won't be seen i expect, they are humans just like us and f*k off at work too. who knows maybe they were planning their next beat down.

worry and fear are good and one can use them very effectively for their own good if used properly, but too much of it is the sign of an issue and cannot be used constructively once it is overwhelming. Not saying that is your case either but more from personal experience if it helps at all. You've been at the game a long time so you are doing something right.

angelgoob

Think of all these added things as extra security and better electrical service.

I remember a DVD showed up in my apartment "Above the Law" and it led to me believing the mob was after me. I was committed for 2 months.

LOL Just saying that really happened to me, never ever ever think too much. Ever. Not saying you're wrong about keeping your guard up, but never let it build up to the point you've taken your granite table slab and slept behind it because you thought you were going to get shot. :) :) :)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
no worries in mass anyhow...unless your a bigtimer or have a serious record..being such a small fish you have zero worries ..mass will put you on probation ,drug classes worst case scenario..you wont ever see prision unless your an idiot...yeehaw..mass always was about the benjamins $$$$.. I know so many folks bought their freedom basically

Space Toker

Veteran
yeah stoned trout, I think you are right, but I don't want no cops, no probation, no nothing. I give those fuckers the finger every chance I get, used to do it overtly and they would follow and harass me, now I pretend I am itching my head or something while doing it and no problems. My cool as a mountain lake bro said he saw 2 state cop vehicles going up the middle of the road so he could barely go by and worried they were here. He does know I worry too much and likes to mess with me about it at times, but today I turned on a yellow light that turned red I think after I passed it but not sure, a cop started flashing lights and I am thinking "please God not now". After a short distance I turned into a shopping center parking lot and the sirens blared and he kept racing straight, away from me. So too many coincidences for me but maybe coincidences nonetheless. The electric guys when they came up were talking with my bro and said how we all use so more electricity than our parents and said he may have been hinting at something. But, I think you need 10 if not 20 lights to draw attention now, and I have far less than that. So yeah, after painting "NONONOO" into my lawn in 2 different colors prob to mess with me, all is fine so I guess you told me so. For now, I guess. Lots of planes lately. I have tomatoes and "other plants" coming up all over the place where I did not plant them, yes I did briefly think the others were planted by others to trap me. I left them curious to see what happens. where was I? oh yeah all is good! ;)