What's new

Utah Raid: Man Murdered by Cops

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5SEO3i-t6g
it's not long before officers will be made to wear live video cameras with audio,

once this happens it will be a new day in law inforcement

no more lies as each and every move an offcer makes will be recorded.

It is upto everybody to send letters to gov't requesting this or whatever we can do.

they spin it like cameras will reduce the publics bogus charges of excessive force, but they are really reducing the force so nobody can complain.

C

Cheeb

ha,

made to wear video cameras.. do you know how silly that sounds? Your forgetting whos making the rules. Who making or enforcing that?
I can guarantee video cameras will be conveniently knocked off when need be.

whatever happened to the young guy that shot and killed a cop when they broke into his home in Virginia?
The young cat whos mom called the cops after an argument? Read that one..terrible.

Nothing happened..his family mourns while somebody gets paid for time off.

and what could have prevented it? Shoot first? Is that the only option for survival?

We are up against getting paid to NOT have to come to work.. thats a tuff battle. Not even a week paycheck prevent a cop from putting a hole in your head. Crackheads will kill for addiction..police will do it less.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Police Kill Man In Drug Raid Gone Wrong

Huff Post

I was always confident in my close-range shooting ability, and the ammo I'm absolutely pleased with.

That line in particular makes me sick.

Telling a guy shot three times at close range (close for a gun, long for a golf club) to get down on the ground is sickening too. It's obvious the fuck head knew the victim wasn't getting up or posing a risk because the was no move to subdue. They just carried on past as if murder is inconsequential. I hope the feds give that cop the stiffest sentence we have for trigger happy law enforcement agents.

]A[Boss

ha,

made to wear video cameras.. do you know how silly that sounds? Your forgetting whos making the rules. Who making or enforcing that?
I can guarantee video cameras will be conveniently knocked off when need be.

The young cat whos mom called the cops after an argument? Read that one..terrible.

Nothing happened..his family mourns while somebody gets paid for time off.

and what could have prevented it? Shoot first? Is that the only option for survival?

We are up against getting paid to NOT have to come to work.. thats a tuff battle. Not even a week paycheck prevent a cop from putting a hole in your head. Crackheads will kill for addiction..police will do it less.

no not that one. The one im referring to is this:

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2009/feb/06/drug_raids_virginia_man_found_gu

looks like they found him guilty of manslaughter.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I know I'm armchair quarterbacking but the victim lowered the golf club as if to disarm as soon as he made eye contact with leo. But leo shot so soon he didn't give the poor guy a chance to throw the golf club down. Leo had a gut reaction, shot with deadly force, all in an instant. Leo proved his deadly intent when he walked past the victim with no more than a benign command. Then leo appears to both hide behind the nature of his training [and] praise it simultaneously. Nauseating. They'll never speak of this man as a wronged victim, it'll just be another bullshit procedural whatever.

This situation needs to be demonstrated by the feds as an example of a raid gone bad. This cop needs to be made example of and prison time is necessary to show others what will happen if and when they act in the same or similar manner.

IMO, there isn't a more demonstrative example of murder than this. There's nothing in law that deny's a man's right to defend himself in the home. Shooting the victim before he had the opportunity to throw down his self defense weapon is murder. It might be hard to prove intent but the cop appeared to know he put the guy down for the last time when he walked straight by w/o administering aid (like that would have helped the victim.) But it would have helped the fuck head cop's appearance. As it is, I wish the feds would charge the cop with murder.

Last edited:

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
It's hard to believe that the people of Utah aren't burning courthouses and hangin cops.

It disgusts me to think it but if he hadn't been white they would be rioting in DC over it. That poor guy didn't even make national news.

I wonder how much counseling costs for a cop after they kill somebody? Twice?

Last edited:

Applesauce

So when you break into a mans home in the middle of night, catching him off guard, you shoot him dead when he is startled and is holding a GOLF CLUB 15 feet away from you? Absolutely ridiculous what is going on...

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I don't know what the status of this fiasco is but I hope the family get justice. Even if it's just bad juju for the idiot cop.

¿kama3

good trained cops then, hah fck em.:moon: i would have shot the club off his hands, and another bullet in the leg if motherfucker still tryis to attack.
and rembember dont take this video too seriously, could be just acting, law enforcement trying to say dont do drugs in their wicked ways.

Here's the update. It appears this pig was cleared of his murderous crime... Updated Oct 20, 2010 12:35PM Weber County Attorney Dee Smith on Tuesday said his office won’t file criminal charges against an officer who fatally shot a suspect wielding a golf club. Roy police Sgt. Troy Burnett shot and killed Todd E. Blair on Sept. 16 as the Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force served a “no knock” search warrant on a home near 5900 South and 2600 West in Roy. The strike force had been investigating Blair for several months when the warrant was granted, Smith wrote in a statement. As officers walked into the home, they shouted the words “police” and “search warrant” several times, Smith wrote. Blair appeared in the living room of the home with a golf club raised above his head, advancing toward the officers in an “aggressive manner,” Smith wrote. Burnett then shot Blair three times. “Under the facts of this case, Sergeant Burnett was justified in the use of deadly force,” said the news release. “Todd Blair was advancing towards him with the golf club raised above his head in an aggressive manner. The appearance of this weapon, the aggressive manner in which it was raised, the close proximity of appearance of Mr. Blair to Sergeant Burnett and the fact that he was advancing towards Sergeant Burnett justified the use of deadly force.” Police have said they found heroin and methamphetamine inside the home.

]A[Boss

horrible.. he shoulda shot through the door and sprayed them with AK and watch them fall back then saying "oops i thought they were fake cops robbing me"

]A[Boss

yeah he looks like someone who got picked on in school a lot.

and after reading the story above, no wonder he got scared shitless of a golf club. He's a scared pussy.

ddrew

Veteran
horrible.. he shoulda shot through the door and sprayed them with AK and watch them fall back then saying "oops i thought they were fake cops robbing me"
And then say for his defense that he didn't know they were cops, that he thought it was a couple guys with golf clubs coming to kill him.
He should be OK then, because apparently in utah it's OK to shoot to death people with golf clubs.

If I was a local I'd stay off the golf courses for a few days, you never know when Sgt. Troy Burnett is going to drive by and shoot you in the middle of your game.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
As officers walked into the home, they shouted the words “police” and “search warrant” several times, Smith wrote. Blair appeared in the living room of the home with a golf club raised above his head, advancing toward the officers in an “aggressive manner,” Smith wrote. Burnett then shot Blair three times. “Under the facts of this case, Sergeant Burnett was justified in the use of deadly force,” said the news release. “Todd Blair was advancing towards him with the golf club raised above his head in an aggressive manner. The appearance of this weapon, the aggressive manner in which it was raised, the close proximity of appearance of Mr. Blair to Sergeant Burnett and the fact that he was advancing towards Sergeant Burnett justified the use of deadly force.” Police have said they found heroin and methamphetamine inside the home.

The victim wasn't approaching with the golf club and only instantaneously appeared to lower the club before he was instantly shot three times dead. There was no audible command other than the one delivered after the victim was shot.

Leo had to plant dope, otherwise the victim wouldn't look like the bad guy.

]A[Boss

the guy who shot him is either trigger happy or scared from his previous incidents which he shouldn't be allowed to be on duty ever again because he has some mental issue where he is overly-scared so he has to be the '1st to kill no matter what'....

he is having flashbacks from school days and when he joined the cop force he vowed to never be pushed around again so he could feel like he is somebody big.

]A[Boss

The victim wasn't approaching with the golf club and only instantaneously appeared to lower the club before he was instantly shot three times dead. There was no audible command other than the one delivered after the victim was shot.

Leo had to plant dope, otherwise the victim wouldn't look like the bad guy.

100% possibility.. very sad because it's probably nearly 100% right; but even if not, what a joke to shoot 3 times. Fucking sheep and their video game training and shit they do with taxpayer money.

EastFortRock

This kind of thing has happened too often. If some one is breaking down your door , don't confront them, run into your bathroom, lock the door. I would say that if you are in the bathroom, and your sure its not the cops, and they are still trying to get you, I would ventilate the bathroom door with flying hot lead.