What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Usual Suspect/ PhillyPride Welcome to my show

UsualSuspect

Veteran
Big Girls hanging out at 29 days

Big Girls hanging out at 29 days

Now I am really excited to see how these ladies rock out, for 29 days these gals are waaay ahead of the curve in terms of size of nugs and density of nugs. Now I have had some big plants before but not like these.

I agree these beauties are looking spectacular for 29 days! What is the nutrient regimine that you stick with for your operation? How dialed in would you say that you have everything?

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
29DAY?????????? what a hell bro those nugs look so fat!!!
enjoyed the new happy year... also green !!
respect to your job bro!!

KONY

Veteran
Nice to see you around. Been awhile.... i dunno how i missed this thread for 6 months. We been on the ewc/promix/perlite soil mix for awhile now too, use pbp in veg and early flower, then earth juice. Good recipe for success. You using co2?

UsualSuspect

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words all much appreciated

Cant say I have them dialed in just yet plus its tough running so many different strains but I am about to start running 2 strains at a time to better dial in temps, nutes, etc ... for particular strains or similar strain. I use alot of different nutes too many to run down off the top of my head but I do have them listed through this thread.

KONY-Thanks for stopping by I use CO2 in the 2 rooms with light movers the room with stationary lights has no CO2 go figure the actual CO2 level in that room is always around 300-500 ppm of CO2 because it is cooled directly with outdoor air.

UsualSuspect

Veteran
I love a good glass bong and I have had many top shelf bongs over the years and as you know they break as time goes on from typical stoner shit but I believe I have found the best glass piece I have ever smoked out of every hit is amazing. I have had several RooRs a couple illadelphs a few Zongs and I love my Helix Bubbler/Spoon etc . . . . but these have nothing on my ZOB shit is amazing and my guy at the head shop said so, I went in looking to get another bent neck RooR after breaking my last one and he refused to sell it to me he said I "1st had to try the new technology of the ZOB and I would never want another RooR or Illadelph", I was like "sure let me get the RooR and I will get the ZOB in the future not in the mood for holiday sales pitches" and he told me "look take the ZOB and if its not everything I said it is bring it back used money returned" Now I wouldnt have returned it on my head shop guy anyway because he looks out in terms of prices and extras but man must I say WOW :dance013: You see I prefer alot of smoke volume in my bongs I cant stand perculators and double/triple percs and such because they slow down the smoke too much, they work well for some but not I. When I say the volume on this baby is unlimitless and smooth as drinking water and the bong has a splash guard. If anybody is looking for a quality piece for not a bad price this is it I believe they retail for around $300 but when I say priceless I mean priceless I have had $750 RooRs that dont hold this baby's jock strap.

UsualSuspect

Veteran
Haze

Haze

Haze has been the herb of choice around these parts for the better parts of 20 years. The last few years havent been so great but the hazes have been making a strong comeback over the last few months and I would like to document some of the selections as they come along. Now as most know %90 of the good Pif Hazes have poor bag appeal, the smell tells the whole story that tropical trip that everytime you smell it, it takes you back to the 1st times you smoked it. The high is instant but not overwhelming good hazes open up as rastas say "Your third eye" honestly you can feel the sensation between your eyes almost like a new sense is awakening Marijuana the truth 2011 check it out on youtube alot deeper than even the most informed may imagine. also the high tends to build as time goes on with it usually cresting about an hour or two later with the lovely sativa uplifting clear high that gives soo much focus to a day and allows for unlimited amounts of labor to get done with no complaints, Pif Haze turns the mundane into a video game.

Pif Haze is almost always fresh and uncured (kinda like my herb :tiphat:) alot of times it gets even better if cured in a mason jar for a few more days. The Pif Haze has several phenos and actually has alot of crosses although they all have the same pif haze aroma. And when I speak of Pif Haze I speak of Washington Heights/Cross Bronx Expressway/145th talk. I have smoked alot of excellent seed company Hazes that were well grown including Nevilles Haze, Haze Heaven, SSH, Mango Haze etc . . . . and though all are excellent and have a definite haze aroma, taste, and high they are not the pif, the pif has some strange intangibles that are very hard to describe.

This haze here is pretty typical of the look not well manicured at all and kind of trashy looking and trust and believe I dont think anybody would touch it if it wasnt haze and had that special smell. Most people dont even need or want to look at the haze to know it just let them smell it. dont let the looks fool you I repeat do not let the looks fool you it really is irrelevant when speaking on this strain.

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Thanks for the info on the hydroton soil topper Bro :rasta: Girls are all lookin dapper per norm :canabis:
Nice lookin glass as well. I'm glad to hear you're pleased w/it :good:
Enjoyed your read on hazes. You runnin any of the ones you mentioned ATM?
Stay safe Man n :smoweed:

UsualSuspect

Veteran
Vintner-I didnt forget about you bro I got some pics of the hydrotons and roots like I spoke of before. Nah I am not running any type of Pif Haze, I have 2 hazy strains that have a hazy floral scent when smoked but they are not hazes, to tell the truth I have too much respect for those who grow haze religously and especially in bulk because it is so tough to deal with in terms of yields and times flowering, sorry but I am not growing anything out that takes over 85 days to flower and that is almost too long. CO2 speeds up the finishing of buds by 7-10 days but that does you no good with a true Haze, I have some friends who have ran the 140 day Nevilles haze along with Amnesia Hazes and Haze Heaven much respect but not for I (to grow). I love my hazes but growing them is over my skill and patience levels.

Some of my moms and ladies vegging, these ladies are going through a drastic change today to total vegging under T5 lighting, had a bunch of T5's in the past but was forced into using 400 mh's to veg for the last few months and man am I sick of the stretching, I really could see the huge difference in T5's versus 250mh and 400mh these last few months, never will use anything else. Unless I have to veg under a 1k then a hortilux blue will work.

Mothers

UsualSuspect

Veteran
Hydroton/Lava Rocks

Hydroton/Lava Rocks

Here you go Vintner this is 1 of the reasons I use Hydrotons Or Lava Rocks it allows the roots to use up all the Soiless mix right up to the soil line.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Garden looking proper, US!

I'm in the market for a new bong, gonna keep ZOB in mind when I visit the shops.

Around my way, Haze plays the same way. After 04-05 it really dropped off in terms of quality, or I should say quality became harder to find. But that didn't stop anything called Haze from flying out the door.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Garden looking proper, US!

I'm in the market for a new bong. Took me a while to get over the last one I had that got smashed. I ain't a young party animal anymore so I think now is a good time, this one should last but you know how that goes. I've always preferred using glass. Gonna keep ZOB in mind when I visit the shops. :tiphat:

Around my way, Haze plays the same way. After 04-05 it really dropped off in terms of quality, or I should say quality became harder to find. But that didn't stop anything called Haze from flying out the door.

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
:respect: Rockin the house Bro :headbange We could use some of this action in the FAM thread :bow:
That's a great trick w/the hydroton :good: I'm gonna have to start doin that. Thanks for the great pix :rasta: Have you noticed a big difference in yield between the light mover & non light mover rooms?

UsualSuspect

Veteran
Yo Vin whats up bro, if you could shoot me a link to the FAM thread you know how I love looking at good pictures and sharing them.

As far as difference in yield between the light movers and non I cant give an answer just yet because I do not have the ladies under the light movers dialed in just yet, plus I would like to see how they respond under T5 lighting again for the entire veg. The last few runs have been done with 400/250w for veg and the amount of stretch has been a pain even with preventive measures ie (topping, Bushmaster, bending). Nothing for me in veg does what the T5's do in terms of overall plant structure and numerous other benifits.

I also will begin to run only 2 strains at a time to better dial in Nute regimines, room temps/humidity, amongst other things to become more strain specific. I always have liked running numerous strains every run but I must say mixing a general nute regimine when they could be more specific and focused to each strain does peak my interest.