What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

using Magnets on your plants

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
http://www.chem1.com/acad/sci/aboutwater.html

----

...and i'm thinking we can alter the covalent bond angle more than what nutrient deflection accomplishes.

http://www1.lsbu.ac.uk/water/molecule.html

Water Molecule Structure
Water's molecular vibrations and absorptions

Water's lone pairs
Water electronic structure
Water dimer
Water models
Water reactivity

Water molecules i are tiny and V-shaped with molecular formula H2O a and molecular diameter about 2.75 Å.g In the liquid state, in spite of 80% of the electrons being concerned with bonding, the three atoms do not stay together as the hydrogen atoms are constantly exchanging between water molecules due to protonation/deprotonation processes. Both acids and bases catalyze this exchange and even when at its slowest (at pH 7), the average time for the atoms in an H2O molecule to stay together is only about a millisecond. As this brief period is, however, much longer than the timescales encountered during investigations into water's hydrogen bonding or hydration properties, water is usually treated as a permanent structure.

Water molecules (H2O) are symmetric (point group C2ν) with two mirror planes of symmetry and a 2-fold rotation axis. The hydrogen atoms may possess parallel or antiparallel nuclear spin.h The water molecule consists of two light atoms (H) and a relatively heavy atom (O). The approximately 16-fold difference in mass gives rise to its ease of rotation and the significant relative movements of the hydrogen nuclei, which are in constant and significant relative movement. [Back to Top ]

Note. This cartoon of water does not represent its actual outline, which is more rotund (see below).
Water's lone pairs?
The water molecule is often described in school and undergraduate textbooks of as having four, approximately tetrahedrally arranged, sp3-hybridized electron pairs, two of which are associated with hydrogen atoms leaving the two remaining lone pairs. In a perfect tetrahedral arrangement the bond-bond, bond-lone pair and lone pair-lone pair angles would all be 109.47° and such tetrahedral bonding patterns are found in condensed phases such as hexagonal ice.

Ab initio calculations on isolated molecules, however, do not confirm the presence of significant directed electron density where lone pairs are expected. The negative charge is more evenly smeared out along the line between where these lone pairs would have been expected, and lies closer to the center of the O-atom than the centers of positive charge on the hydrogen atoms (as left).

Early 5-point molecular models, with explicit negative charge where the lone pairs are purported to be, fared poorly in describing hydrogen bonding, but a recent TIP5P model shows some promise. Although there is no apparent consensus of opinion [116], such descriptions of substantial sp3-hybridized lone pairs in the isolated water molecule should perhaps be avoided [117], as an sp2-hybridized structure (plus a pz orbital) is indicated. This rationalizes the formation of (almost planar) trigonal hydrogen bonding that can be found around some restricted sites in the hydration of proteins and where the numbers of hydrogen bond donors and acceptors are unequal.

Note that the average electron density around the oxygen atom is about 10x that around the hydrogen atoms.

The approximate shape and charge distribution of water

The electron density distribution for water is shown above right with some higher density contours around the oxygen atom omitted for clarity. The polarizability of the molecule is almost isotropic, centered around the O-atom (1.4146 Å3) with only small polarizabilities centered on the H-atoms (0.0836 Å3) [736]. Parameters using ab initio calculations with the 6-31G** basis set are shown right.j For an isolated H216O, H217O or H218O molecule, the more exact calculated O-H length is 0.957854 Å and the H-O-H angle is 104.500° (D216O, 0.957835 Å, 104.490°) [836]. The charge distribution depends significantly on the atomic geometry and the method for its calculation but is likely to be about -0.7e on the O-atom (with the equal but opposite positive charge equally divided between the H-atoms) for the isolated molecule [778].d The experimental values for gaseous water molecule are O-H length 0.95718 Å, H-O-H angle 104.474° [64].e

These values are not maintained in liquid water, where ab initio (O-H length 0.991 Å, H-O-H angle 105.5° [90]) and diffraction studies (O-H length 1.01 Å, O-D length 0.98 Å [1485]; O-H length 0.990 Å, O-D length 0.985 Å [1884]; O-D length 0.970 Å, D-O-D angle 106° [91])f suggest slightly greater values, which are caused by the hydrogen bonding weakening the covalent bonding and reducing the repulsion between the electron orbitals. These bond lengths and angles are likely to change, due to polarization shifts, in different hydrogen-bonded environments and when the water molecules are bound to solutes and ions. Commonly used molecular models use O-H lengths of between 0.957 Å and 1.00 Å and H-O-H angles of 104.52° to 109.5°. [Back to Top ]

Water electronic structure

The electronic structure has been proposed as 1sO2.00 2sO1.82 2pxO1.50 2pzO1.12 2pyO2.00 1sH10.78 1sH20.78 [71], however it now appears that the 2s orbital may be effectively unhybridized with the bond angle expanded from the (then) expected angle of 90° due to the steric and ionic repulsion between the partially-positively charged hydrogen atoms (as proposed by Pauling over 50 years ago [99]). The molecular orbitals of water, (1a1)2(2a1)2(1b2)2(3a1)2(1b1)2, are shown on another page.

Shown opposite is the electrostatic potential associated with the water structure. Although the lone pairs of electrons do not appear to give distinct directed electron density in isolated molecules, there are minima in the electrostatic potential in approximately the expected positions.

Van der Waals radii [206]
The mean van der Waals diameter of water has been reported as identical with that of isoelectronic neon (2.82 Å) [112]. Molecular model values and intermediate peak radial distribution data indicates however that it is somewhat greater (~3.2Å). The molecule is clearly not spherical, however, with about a ±5% variation in van der Waals diameter dependent on the axis chosen; approximately tetrahedrally placed slight indentations being apparent opposite the (putative) electron pairs. [Back to Top ]

Water dimer
Much effort has been expended on the structure of small isolated water clusters. Typically, in the atmosphere there is about one water dimer for every thousand free water molecules. The most energetically favorable water dimer is shown right using ab initio calculations with the 6-31G** basis set.j It is also shown below with a section through the electron density distribution (high densities around the oxygen atoms have been omitted for clarity). This shows the tetrahedralityb of the bonding in spite of the lack of clearly seen lone pair electrons; although a small amount of distortion along the hydrogen bond can be seen. This tetrahedrality is primarily caused by electrostatic effects (that is, repulsion between the positively charged non-bonded hydrogen atoms) rather than the presence of tetrahedrally placed lone pair electrons. The hydrogen-bonded proton has reduced electron density relative to the other protons [222]. Note that, even at temperatures as low as a few kelvin, there are considerable oscillations (< ps) in the hydrogen bond length and angles [591]. The potential energy surface [1668] and wagging vibration [1743] of the water dimer have been described and molecular orbitals of the water dimer are shown on another page.

R = 2.976 (+0.000, -0.030) Å, α = 6 ± 20°, β = 57 ± 10° [648]; α is the donor angle and β is the acceptor angle. The dimer (with slightly different geometry) dipole moment is 2.6 D [704]. Although β is close to as expected if the lone pair electrons were tetrahedrally placed (= 109.47°/2), the energy minimum (~21 kJ mol-1) is broad and extends towards β = 0°. [Back to Top ]

Water models
Simplified models for the water molecule have been developed to agree with particular physical properties (for example, agreement with the critical parameters) but they are not robust and resultant data are often very sensitive to the precise model parameters [206]. Models are still being developed and are generally more complex than earlier but they still appear to have poor predictive value outside the conditions and physical parameters for which they were developed. [Back to Top ]

Water reactivity
Although not often perceived as such, water is a very reactive molecule available at a high concentration. This reactivity, however, is greatly moderated at ambient temperatures due to the extensive hydrogen bonding. Water molecules each possess a strongly nucleophilic oxygen atom that enables many of life‘s reactions, as well as ionizing to produce reactive hydrogen and hydroxide ions. Reduction of the hydrogen bonding at high temperatures, or due to electromagnetic fields, results in greater reactivity of the water molecules. [Back to Top ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footnotes

a Water's composition (two parts hydrogen to one part oxygen) was discovered by the London scientist Henry Cavendish (1731-1810) in about 1781. He reported his findings in terms of phlogiston (later the gas he made was proven to be hydrogen) and dephlogisticated air (later this was proven to be oxygen). Cavendish died (1810) in his Laboratory just 30 minutes' walk from the present site of London South Bank University.

It has recently been suggested that H1.5O may better reflect the formula at very small (attosecond) timescales when some of the H-atoms appear invisible to neutron and electron interaction [515]. The experimental results have since been questioned [630] and described as erroneous [796], but have been more recently confirmed and thought due to a failure of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation (this assumes that the electronic motion and the nuclear motion in molecules can be separated) [1134]. Thus the formula H1.5O is incorrect but such suggestions do, however, add support to the view that observations concerning the structure of water should be tempered by the timescale used. [Back]

b The tetrahedral angle is 180-cos-1(1/3)°; 109.47122° = 109° 28' 16.39". Tetrahedrality (q, the orientational order parameter) may be defined as , where φjk is the angle formed by lines drawn between the oxygen atoms of the four nearest and hydrogen-bonded water molecules [169]. It equals unity for perfectly tetrahedral bonding (where cos(φjk) = -1/3) and averages zero (±0.5 SD) for random arrangements, with a minimum value of -3. The density order parameter is described elsewhere. [Back]

c ortho-H2O rotates in its ground state with energy 23.79 cm-1 [1150]. [Back]

d The charge on the hydrogen atoms across the periodic table are shown opposite [820]. The hydrogen atom charges are blue and the charges on the other atoms are indicated red. [Back]

e The actual values depend on the vibrational state of the molecule with even values of 180° being attainable during high order bend vibrations (v2 >= 7, λ < 900 nm) for the H-O-H angle [860]. Vibrations are asymmetric around the mean positions. In the ground state, the bond angle (104.5°) is much closer to the tetrahedral angle than that of the other Group VI hydrides, H2S (92.1°), H2Se (91°) or H2Te (89°). [Back]

f The H-O-H angle and O-H bond length in ice Ih are reported as 106.6°±1.5° and 0.985 Å [717] respectively, whereas recent modeling gives H-O-H angle values of 108.4°±0.2° for ice Ih and 106.3°±4.9° for water [1028]. [Back]

g The atomic diameter can be determined from interpolation of the effective ionic radii of the isoelectronic ions (from crystal data) of O2- (2.80 Å), OH- (2.74 Å) and H3O+ (2.76 Å) [1167]. Coincidentally, this diameter is similar to the length of a hydrogen bond. The water molecule (bond length 0.96 Å) is smaller than ammonia (bond length 1.01 Å) or methane (bond length 1.09 Å), with only H2 (bond length 0.74 Å) and HF (bond length 0.92 Å) being smaller molecules. [Back]

hAs is found in molecular hydrogen (H2), the hydrogen atoms in water (H2O) may possess parallel (paramagnetic ortho-H2O, magnetic moment = 1; the high spin state with three symmetric spin states +1 , 0 , -1) or antiparallel (nonmagnetic para-H2O, magnetic moment = 0; the low spin state with one antisymmetric spin state 0) nuclear spin. The equilibrium ratio of these nuclear spin states in H2O is all para at zero Kelvin, where the molecules have no rotational spin in their ground state, shifting to the most stable ratio [1694] of 3:1 ortho:para at less cold temperatures (>50 K);c the equilibrium taking months to establish itself in ice (or gas) and nearly an hour in ambient water [410]. This means that liquid H2O effectively consists of a mixture of non-identical molecules and the properties of pure liquid ortho-H2O or para-H2O are unknown. The differences in the properties of these two forms of water are expected to be greater in an electric field [1186], which may be imposed externally, from surfaces or from water clustering itself. Many materials preferentially adsorb para-H2O due to its non-rotation ground state [410, 835]. The apparent difference in energy between the two states is a significant 1-2 kJ mol-1, far greater than expected from spin-spin interactions (< μJ mol-1) [835]. It has been suggested that structural rearrangements may be induced by ortho-H2O : para-H2O conversion [1430], as it is possible that hydrogen bonds between para-H2O, possessing no ground state spin, are stronger and last longer than hydrogen bonds between ortho-H2O [1150]. It is thus possible that ortho-H2O and para-H2O form separate hydrogen bonded clusters [1150].

Due to deuterium's nuclear spin of 1 (compare 1/2 for H's spin; ortho D2O has two spin states 2 and 0; para D2O has one spin state 1), the lowest energy form of D2O is ortho. D2O converts to a 2:1 ortho:para ratio at higher temperatures. HDO, having non-equivalent hydrogen atoms, does not possess an ortho/para distinction. T2O behaves similarly to H2O as tritium also possesses a nuclear spin of 1/2.[Back]

i Liquid water consists of a mixture of molecules [1377] and ions, including H2O, HDO, H3O+ and OH-. A 'standard' water (Vienna Standard Mean Ocean Water) has been proposed. 'Pure liquid water', meaning consisting of just H2O molecules, only exists in computer simulations. Even 'just H2O' consists of a mixture of 'ortho' and 'para' forms. Avoiding this complexity, 'water' is normally taken to mean H2O molecules, without consideration over its magnetic state. H2O is also known as 'light water' with D2O being heavy water (D2O density = 111% H2O density, 25 °C) and T2O being super heavy water (T2O density = 122% H2O density, 25 °C). The properties of H2O, D2O and T2O are different. [Back]

j More exact parameters are given in the text. These parameters are given mainly for comparison with the hydrogen and hydroxide ions.. [Back]

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know I love the topic 'energizing water', so now I have to read through this.

Sigh, my chemistry is extremely rusty, was never that well understood, although I had a high advanced math IQ

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The water topic triggered and old memory...

I bought this ~ 7 years ago when I was dealing with chronic health issue.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/johnellisbunk.html

Maybe he was onto something, maybe not, but I felt nothing

I am well aware that certain elements of our government do not want free energy or health devices readily available to the public

Within 30 days I felt nothing so I returned it, but he did not want to give me my money back. Had to get with CC company to force him to accept and credit.

As you know I have a Kinetico RO + use both vortexing, flooming and magnets to energize the water I drink and for my plants

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's an interesting update

I put my plant in flush mode ~ 2 weeks ago. I dropped ppm from ~ 500 > ~ 200. Almost all pistils were red and dead

I then started adding a few drops of Himalayan Salt sol + ~ 60ppms of CaMg+. Now I have NEW pistils!

My take is: perhaps the combination of magnets + flooming over polished ornamental river rock will allow for much lower ppms.

That would be cool, though I do not use a lot of nutes anyway. I ramp up from 200 to ~ 800 than a one week bum to 1000-1100, then back down to flush

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
"...perhaps the combination of magnets + flooming over polished ornamental river rock will allow for much lower ppms."

:biggrin:

(homeopothy? ring any bells?)

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran

I then started adding a few drops of Himalayan Salt sol + ~ 60ppms of CaMg+. Now I have NEW pistils!

My take is: perhaps the combination of magnets + flooming over polished ornamental river rock will allow for much lower ppms.

That would be cool, though I do not use a lot of nutes anyway. I ramp up from 200 to ~ 800 than a one week bum to 1000-1100, then back down to flush

What about the Himalayan salt? I have some Celtic sea salt on hand... Gonna read up on this "Seaponics" stuff. Even a former rep at Dyna-Gro suggested it (sea kelp?) as well as Foliar-Pro instead of Grow in the res. I still use traditional DG recipe for recirc. Link to ICMag thread "Seaponics" is the way to grow in Hydro!: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81260

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you go back into the Seaponics thread you should find my posts, not that they added anything then. I was afraid of burning my plants.

Celtic SS should be fine, too. I had HS on hand. Both will provide ample micro-minerals

Not sure salt is needed with HR V+B as it seems very complete.

I only did this in flush, but also to root clones
+ foliar feed

The SeaCrop sounds better as it has ~ 90% of NaCL removed

BRAIN FART (what took me so long?) I am getting ready to move clones under hot5 with mag + flooming rez. It occured to me to move the magnets from being on the feed line (only working while nutes are passing through) to the recir lp pump side where nutes are pumping 24/7. DOH
:artist::snap out of it::wallbash:

Here's the innards of my high performance set up. There is one last step that I neglected to take a close up of, but can be seen in the plant shot. Inside the al foil containers is a plastic disc (from mj industry) for blocking light. I drilled extra holes all around so nutes can flow in a wider diameter

View attachment 248702 View attachment 248703

View attachment 248704 View attachment 248706 View attachment 248705

What about the Himalayan salt? I have some Celtic sea salt on hand... Gonna read up on this "Seaponics" stuff. Even a former rep at Dyna-Gro suggested it (sea kelp?) as well as Foliar-Pro instead of Grow in the res. I still use traditional DG recipe for recirc. Link to ICMag thread "Seaponics" is the way to grow in Hydro!: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81260

Last edited:

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran

The SeaCrop sounds better as it has ~ 90% of NaCL removed

Yeah don't really need the salt part.

Also looking at Age Old Humic Acid 12 as additives + Age Old Organics Kelp. 1 ml per gallon seems to add about 50 ppm with a decent concentrate, maybe a bit less with organics.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
http://neshealthblog.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/dna-sequence-reconstituted-from-water-memory/

DNA sequence recreated from its electromagnetic signature in pure water

In the new experiments, a fragment of HIV DNA was taken from its long terminal repeat and used for generating EM signals. This fragment was amplified by PCR to 487 bp and 104 bp. Dilutions of the DNA were made and the production of EM signals under the ambient electromagnetic background was detected.

One of the diluted solutions (say, 10-6), which gave a positive signal, was placed in a container shielded by 1 mm think mu-metal (an alloy that absorbs EM waves). Close to it, another tube containing pure water was placed. The water content of each tube had been filtered through 450 nm and 20 nm filters and diluted from 10-2 to 10-15, as for the DNA solution. A copper solenoid is placed around the tubes and they were exposed to a low intensity electric current oscillating at 7 Hz produced by an external generator. The magnetic field produced by the external generator is maintained for 18 hours at room temperature. EM signals are then recorded from each tube. At that point, the tube containing pure water also emits EM signals at the dilutions corresponding to those giving positive EMS in the original DNA tube. This result shows that the EMS carried by the nanostructures in the water originating from the DNA has been transmitted to the pure water in 18 hours. No such transfer of EM signals was achieved when the time of exposure was less than 16 to 18 hours, or when the coil is absent, or when the generator of magnetic field was turned off, or the frequency of excitation was less than 7 Hz, or when DNA was absent in the ‘donor’ tube.

Now for the most crucial test: could the EM signals transmitted to the pure water that never had DNA in it provide sufficient information to recreate the DNA sequence? To do the test, all the ingredients necessary for synthesizing the DNA by the polymerase chain reaction – nucleotides, primers, polymerase enzyme – were added to the tube with the pure water that had gained the EM signal. The amplification was done under ordinary conditions, and the DNA produced was then run through an agarose gel electrophoresis.

A DNA band of the expected size (104 bp) was found. It was 98 percent identical to the sequence of DNA from which the EM signals originated (only 2 out of 104 basepairs were different).

The experiment was highly reproducible, 12 out of 12 times; and was also repeated with another DNA sequence from the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi, the agent of Lyme disease.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw this on YT. Comments not active, but damn looks like no energy going into the coil, but sufficient output to drive a 96w led panel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiGH4zRsO0U

Things are looking very good now that my clones have been in their new grow media environment for 8 days. Lots of thickening in the last 24 hours :jump:

I think moving the mags to the recirc side are going to pay off in a big way.

Come by for a peek

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Quantum mechanics boosts photosynthesis

Jan 17, 2014

Quantized vibrations are essential to photosynthesis, say physicists

Quantum mechanics in action

Physicists in the UK claim to have shown unambiguously that the high efficiency of photosynthesis is driven at least partly by a purely quantum-mechanical phenomenon. Their work could lead to discoveries of other quantum processes in biology, or help in the development of new and better technologies for harvesting solar energy.

Arguably the most important chemical reaction on Earth, photosynthesis allows a plant to harness sunlight by converting carbon dioxide and water into energy-rich carbohydrates. For the most part, this takes place in chlorophyll molecules, which are arranged such that neighbouring molecules have different energy levels. When light shines on one of these molecules, an electron is momentarily excited before passing its energy over to a nearby molecule with a slightly lower energy level. In this way, energy can flow "downhill" from energy level to energy level, via different routes, until it reaches a reaction centre where actual photosynthesis occurs.

Scientists had previously assumed that the energy moves downhill in a random walk – an incoherent "hopping" between energy levels. But this mechanism does not explain how solar energy is transferred so quickly to a reaction centre, which allows photosynthesis to proceed with energy efficiencies of 95% or more. In recent years, various theoretical and experimental studies have suggested that quantum mechanics plays a role, by transporting energy in a wave-like manner. But for all the results, an explanation based on classical physics could never be ruled out, according to Alexandra Olaya-Castro and Edward O'Reilly of University College London (UCL) in the UK.

Quantized vibrations

Olaya-Castro and O'Reilly claim to have uncovered the first unambiguous evidence for quantum effects by doing a theoretical study of the vibrational motion of chromophores – colour-producing molecules such as chlorophyll. Drawing inspiration from the field of quantum optics, where specialist techniques have been developed for characterizing the quantum-mechanical nature of light, the researchers showed that the absorption of a photon of sunlight generates an electronic excitation, the energy of which matches a collective vibration of two chromophores. So long as this vibrational energy is greater than the surrounding thermal energy, the researchers say, then a quantum of energy can be exchanged from one chromophore to the other.

Olaya-Castro and O'Reilly knew that this energy exchange was purely a quantum effect when they tried to plot a probability distribution of fluctuations in the occupation of the vibrational mode and found that these variations were too small to allow a classical description. "This unambiguously demonstrated that the phenomenon described has no classical analogue," says O'Reilly.

"I'm happy to see this paper published – it's a breakthrough," says Gregory Scholes, a chemist at the University of Toronto who has studied the quantum effects of photosynthesis. "There has been a lot of debate in the literature and at meetings lately about the interplay of vibrations – which [we] assumed to confer only classical effects – and electronic coherence in light harvesting. This new work takes the debate to a new level by showing that it is precisely this interplay that makes the system function quantum mechanically!"

"Non-trivial quantum effects"

Scholes adds that the UCL work "points the way" to experiments that directly detect the signatures of quantum effects. Moreoever, says Olaya-Castro, such quantum signatures might not only be found in photosynthesis: specific vibrational motions are also thought to be involved in other biological processes such as vision, smell and enzyme reactions. "Our results suggest that a careful inspection of the dynamics and fluctuations of these 'good vibrations' of molecules in their excited states could benchmark a common principle for non-trivial quantum effects in biology," she adds.

The understanding of photosynthesis is particularly important, however, because of the need to develop methods of harnessing solar energy. "The research on quantum effects in biology has the potential to provide invaluable insights on how to achieve robust, quantum-enhanced energy transfer," says Olaya-Castro.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good article. This statement caught my eye - [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So long as this vibrational energy is greater than the surrounding thermal energy, the researchers say, then a quantum of energy can be exchanged from one chromophore to the other.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have long envisioned a resonator that can be tuned to a plant 's optimal energetic frequency. These are actually available for humans. See Biolinguistics, but they are 'expensive'

I thought of a simpler device that uses a crystal, and is tunable to Sat or Indica

Here's an update since moving the magnets to the 24/7 pump side

I added a scrogging system, which is paying huge dividends

HP Rez I placed 4" airstone discs directly under each pump

I replaced the tripod with a bed riser. An unforseen benefit is the top of the riser is cupped, thereby catching the grains of lava rock that slough off- rez stays clean

The last pic is from my LED bubbler system. The rez has a 4" crystal with a 1.5" base, cut much like spear head

432w hot5
View attachment 252409 View attachment 252410 View attachment 252411

~ 220w LED (all diodes are white); 3500K + 5000K= 3@ 16w 3000K tubes
View attachment 252412

[/FONT]

I feel so old. We did multiple side by side experiments in grows/medium and magnets back in science class. Amazing how much people are still trying to make pseudo science work after all these years. It failed in 1972, and it's still failing.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Older than 65?

Fortunately, we have A FEW better teachers/students today

They don't come to the table with outmoded ideas, concepts and execution
, but most get the boot as soon as what they are doing leaks out

Computers are easily rebooted with upgraded software because they don't resist the change

People, not so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUts089_4Jc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QouM6ntFRaA

The truth is out there. All you need is a desire to find it

I feel so old. We did multiple side by side experiments in grows/medium and magnets back in science class. Amazing how much people are still trying to make pseudo science work after all these years. It failed in 1972, and it's still failing.

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2010/arch10/100630biology.htm

Ionic transport structure in a typical cell membrane. Credit: Geoffrey M. Cooper.

Electric Biology
Jun 30, 2010
Experiments with electrostatic fields might illuminate biological diversity.
A major problem in biology is the internal motion of proteins. Researchers from the University of Pennsylvania using Magnetic Resonance Imaging were surprised to discover that the calmodulin protein molecule possesses an internal "jitter" that shakes it billions of times per second. This revelation led them to conclude that it is not merely the complex folded shape of such molecules that affects their function, but their internal movement.

According to Dr. Joshua Wand, “The situation is akin to the discussion in astrophysics in which theoreticians predict that there is dark matter, or energy, that no one has yet seen.”

Where the internal energy necessary for protein binding comes from is unknown at the present time, but it seems likely, based on research with electrostatic fields on various organisms, that there is an electrical component to the source. Cell walls are arranged in a double layer configuration with positive and negative ion channels built-in.

A book called The Primeval Code (Der Urzeit-Code) was recently published in Switzerland, detailing experiments that demonstrate how a changing electric field can alter gametes so much that new species are created.

According to author Luc Bürgin, "In laboratory experiments the researchers there Dr. Guido Ebner and Heinz Schürch exposed cereal seeds and fish eggs to an 'electrostatic field' – in other words, to a high voltage field, in which no current flows. Unexpectedly primeval organisms grew out of these seeds and eggs: a fern that no botanist was able to identify; primeval corn with up to twelve ears per stalk; wheat that was ready to be harvested in just four to six weeks. And giant trout, extinct in Europe for 130 years, with so-called salmon hooks. It was as if these organisms accessed their own genetic memories on command in the electric field, a phenomenon, which the English biochemist, Rupert Sheldrake, for instance believes is possible."

Electric Universe advocates recognize that plasma is a self-organizing phenomenon. Indeed, Irving Langmuir coined the name because he saw that collections of charged particles isolate themselves from their surroundings in ways that are similar to biological systems. A cell membrane could be thought of as a Langmuir plasma sheath, sustaining a voltage difference between the negatively charged interior and the positively charged exterior. Electric currents most likely maintain charge separation across the membrane layers.

Perhaps these observations can all be tied together. Sheldrake's "morphic fields," protein jitter, gamete alteration that leads to speciation, and the electric charges in cells might all be manifestations of plasma's emergent properties. At some time in the past, as these pages have repeatedly emphasized, Earth's electrical properties were substantially altered when other highly charged objects or ionic clouds passed close to our plasmasphere.

Intense electric arcs swept across the surface of the Earth, creating powerful electromagnetic fields that could have transmuted biological organisms in the same way that they changed the atomic structure of elements and minerals. The famous Miller-Urey experiment demonstrated that inorganic compounds exposed to electric currents can be altered to form organic chemicals like amino acids.

Given the report in The Primeval Code, it would not be too great a stretch to think that electric currents might cause proteins to shake at varying rates, thus changing their behavior, or triggering morphic fields to change state, creating new forms of life. Symbiosis, a longtime thorn in the side of evolutionary biology, might find its genesis in electricity.

Latest posts

Latest posts