What's new

Using "Hemp Wick" Do or Dont

Using "Hemp Wick" Do or Dont

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkunkyDemon

I have use recieved a sample of some hemp wick and I was very inpressed with the flavor. We noticed right away when we went back to the lighter. I dont know much about it other then the sample I recieved. Thanks all for your imput!
Peace

R

ran outta love

Not a fan at all.

The flame is huge and it burns really fast (at least the smaller size Beeline). Really hard to put out (say if you're used to the kind of motion that is used to put out a safety match). Then you're standing there with the bong in one hand and a hafl-empty bowl and the BURNING wick in the other hand. Can't even blow out the flame because you'll lose the hit!

Also it smells like candles and CLEARLY ADDS TASTE. Certainly much more than a good butane lighter. People who say it doesn't are crazy. Same thing with RAW papers, people say "they add no taste" but to me it tastes like I'm smoking some kinda cigar? People will just believe any kinda marketing instead of their senses? Or maybe I'm just crazy. Maybe both.

But if ya like 'em keep using them or whatever. After all it does "work", the weed does burn. I use RAW papers too despite their taste because it lets me easily differentiate between two kinds of pre-rolled joints in my cigarette case.

SkunkyDemon

The funny thing is I received a sample and a friend and I tried it out. After it ran out my friend was the first it use the lighter and he was like YUCK and I said "What?" He just handed me the pipe and I took a rip and sure as hell you could taste the lighter (its a Bic not some cheap crap). Im not sure of any health issues, but it did taste different. Im going to order a 250' roll ( $15 with shipping) and Ill post my results. I did notic that when I awoke this morning that my throught(how ever you spell it lol) wasnt sore. Thanks all for your imput.
Have a safe and Happy Holidays All!
Peace

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
been smoking on the hemp wick for a few months now.....

LOVE IT!!!!

purple_man

Veteran
it's a turbo flame for me all day, every day (filled with vector butane). as for "normal" lighters, i don't think they reach a high enuff temperature to combust all of the butane, plus most regular lighters (even bics) are not filled with "quality" butane.
had some samples of the beeline thing, but didn't like it, cause it was burning to fast...

blessss

big twinn

Veteran
love it...went through 40ish samples and a 250" roll i won...a years worth of hemp wick. Much better taste than a butane lighter...this thread makes me wanna go buy some now ha. Reminding me much worse the light taste...but yes, it does add flavor to the smoke...not a lot, but i think it compliments the smoke, especially compared to a lighter. I tried a cheap soldering iron once to use, but it just doesn't hit like when combustion is used.

bugler

toothpick?
Shakes out easily like a match
course you'll taste ANY flaming organic matter a bit, just your choice of the "organic" being butane, wood, or hemp.

Nothing beats a solar hit for hippie stoner purity.

SkunkyDemon

Thanks all for you imput. I ended up buying a 250' roll from I-Tal Hemo Wick for $30. After checkinh around , I found much better prices. I like the NON butane hits. Im not sure if the difference in price has to do with the quality of the product. If anyone has tries any other the I-Tal Hemp Wick. I found this one was thick, you can straighten (how ever you spell it) and its like using a twig. All my friends love it . I give them a chunk and wrap it around thier lighter. Thanks for all your imput guys!
Peace

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
havent tried it yet.i doubt its cleaner than a quality lighter filled with good butane.

It's MUCH cleaner then any lighter. Tried a couple refillable butane lighters.......with Colibri fluid, and multiple Bics. Any hemp wick tastes better and is noticeably smoother.

EVEN better then wick is a ceramic soldering iron. Hakko makes several very nice models. Absolutely no taste. Ultimate "clean" smoking heating element.........IMO.

SkunkyDemon

Well I just received my 250' roll from I-TAL. They also threw in 6 free samples to give away or keep. So far everyone that Iv burnt with has liked it. I just dont know what the health effects might be.
Peace

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
just a heads up. i go to my local craft store and buy unbleached hemp string designed for braclet making. 50' for $2. when i first checked it out i lit a piece on fire and inhaled just the smoke from the string. tastes like ....nothing. good shit. butane definatly changes the taste.

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I don't prefer them over lighters. I've taken solar hits and used just about everything you could use to light weed but I always use a lighter.

I also have a thing for espresso brown bics. I smoke cigarettes so I could give a fuck what I'm inhaling.

I'll use a hemp wick to light weed if someone passes it to me, but I find it to be very silly that someone would buy a lighter and then spend 20 for some wick so they can use the lighter to light the wick to combust the weed.

all bics all day.
the only thing I don't like using are matches, ESP in a car. can't stand the smell

G

guest8905

not a fan of the taste, just ordered a vape so im quitting combustion except for now and again, preferably with a solar hit.